Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Loud Noise in Rear

2»

Comments

• tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    there is a part that looks like a ball joint on top of the rear axel i would check that out as if that is worn could make noise as if bottoming out
  • It seems to be focused on the front right wheel well. If I hit a speed bump just right, it's there. If I go down a smooth little dirt hill, even slowly, and get the body to bounce gently just so, I can get the same bang there too. It never seems like it's the back at.
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    here was some confusion as the header says (loud noise in rear) check the rubber shock mount washers if they have gotten hard could make clunk noise
  • cjsjeepcjsjeep Posts: 2
    It turned out that the rear brakes had to be adjusted ... that fixed the noise. Thanks for all the replies.
  • '06 Jeep GC Laredo awd 51000 miles; have noise coming from rear end; mechanic says it sounds like propeller shaft in rear end, removed rear drive shaft and front yoke has a small hard spot in it while rear yoke has 2 hard spots in it. Dodge dealer wants $1170 Canadian for replacement shaft. with no guarantee that noise will be cured. Any thoughts would be appreciated
  • Some GC rear ends just whin. Mine has been doing it from about 75K to 195K. My mechanic says it's just a harmonic whin. No problem with the RE.

I just keep driving it and it keeps Whinning.

I'd rather have the RE do it than my wife! :)
  • check the sway bar mounts I came across one with same noise the frame was rusted out wher the sway bar mount meats the frame
2»