Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla Problems and Repairs

1444546474850»

Comments

• terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    I would have to adamantly disagree with you John. I don't believe there is anyway battery corrosion could affect traction control or engine or crankcase noise. I always felt that the common noise as described was due to the fact that the oil in the crankcase was not reaching the valves and rods as quickly as it should.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    This could be the VVTI actuator. There is a TSB for this. Just google and you will find.
  • Hi, my name is Sammy, my wife and I bought a 2013 Toyota corolla in August and it has a noise in the bottom half. It sounds like the oil is taking to long to reach the rods. We took it back with only 500 miles on it and the dealer says that it's normal for it to take 2/3 seconds for the oil to reach the rods. I find that very hard to believe. They said that they took 3 other corollas of the lot and they sound the same, again I find it hard to believe. I've been automotive tech. for 37 years and I can imagine the damage that can be done in those 2 to 3 seconds. Can u please help us and tell me which way should I go about this . Thank u
  • your mechanic must be a total fanny-pad, using grease? what a [non-permissible content removed]. You need to remove all 4 sensors while the car is on the hoist with all 4 wheels free. For each wheel, use sh!tloads of BrakeClean spray in the same hole you have removed the sensor from till you see the toothed ABS excitor ring gleam. (over time, brakedust settles in the ring due to proximity and toyota's failure to adequately sheild it from the breaks... enough carbon to make the sensor read 1,1,1,1,1,1/basically a skid; instead of 1,0,1,0,1,0/basically a turning wheel, the raised teeth sense as 1, the inverted teeth read as 0)
    Clean off the ABS sensor itself with a scotbrite pad or anything mildly abrasive like that. You may need to reset the computer but all will be fine now...... Grease, honestly.
  • Hi KATIE

My mother recently came to me with a similar issue. The first place I would check is your evaporator drain tube. These cares are notorious for the drains getting plugged. Sometimes it will even spew water into the passenger side floor. Do you have a musty odor in your car? I fixed my mothers by sticking a piece of string trimmer line into the drain tube.
  • Hi mike,
    My mother came to me with this same issue. Is the smell kind of a musty wet smell? After doing some investigating I figured out water was coming from the passenger side floor vent and giving off the stinky smell. These cars are notorious for the evaporator tube drains getting clogged with spiders and road debris. I fixed my mothers by sticking a piece of string trimmer line into the drain hole. You would not believe how much water came pouring out!