Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Fuel System

13»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,004
    jibrewer5,

We're sorry to hear that you've encountered this starting issue with your Colorado. If you would like for us to follow up on this situation with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • hi dick28540:

i have a 04 Colorado, and the gas filter was very easy to change.
    JUST BE SHURE, YOU BLEED THE HIGH PRESSURE OFF GAS LINE. BEFORE YOU UNHOOK ANYTHING. unplug the fuel pump FUSE, start the truck,let it DIE,
    (or run out of gas). then and only then UNHOOK fuel lines from filter, which IS OUTSIDE,of gas tank. my 04 cost me $15.00 to buy, and my time.
    WARNING....... DON`T PUT THE FILTER ON BACKWARDS. WATCH THE ARROW,
    MARKED ON THE FILTER. THE ARROW WILL BE POINTING (AWAY FROM THE TANK.) Now how simple can that be? and oh yes, PUT THE FUSE BACK IN.
    RICHY
  • THANK YOU repairagain:
    i am having the same trouble with my 04 colorado, ck lite.
    i have a NEW gas cap, replaced it in 2011, fixed the lite on. but now and then the ck lite will come on and stay on. and the gas pump will shoot gas out tank
    if you stand too close. MUST BE THE BACK PRESSURE, I WILL ck my bleeder relay, on the canister. THANK YOU AGAIN.
    RICHY
  • ok you will love this problem,
    seems evap system is faulty, but i saw the gas beening put into my truck,
    and as the pump shut off automatic, i saw a gush of GAS behind the gas filler neck.
    So i took off the rear splash shield, to see the FILLER tube, i cked it all, and could NOT find anything loose, or cracked, missing. So i shall watch the next fill up. with the shield OFF, IT DID GUSH BEHIND THE GAS FILLER DOOR.

Richy
  • caoroncaoron Posts: 4
    I have experienced a similar problem with my 04 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 3.5 I in the past couple of months. I have encountered a problem of not starting eventhough the engine turns over normally. After sitting for a few minutes and retrying, it started. The last time it took longer for it to start. I came on here to see if I could get some answers as to what was causing the problem. It is as though the ignition was turned off or fuel shut off. I was also concerned that it might be something to do with the security. Did replacing the fuel filter take care of your problem? If so, how expensive was it?
13»