Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pacifica Air Conditioning System Questions

Comments

• toms66toms66 Posts: 1
    It's a piece-of-cake, Get a new blower motor resistor pack from any auto parts, NAPA,etc, Open the glove box, press in the sides gently so it will swing down out of the way, and there it is, all you need is a 1/4 in ratchet with extension and a 8mm socket, pull the old resistor out, disconnect the 2 cables. reconnect to the new resistor pack and screw it back in and your done----15 min. max.
  • Thank you! I had the same issue, checked the relay and fuse then saw your post, I replaced it in 5 minutes, part cost me $108 (CAD) from Canadian Tire. Thanks again.
  • everettteverettt Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I have 04 pacifica and the ac works fine for about 30min to an hour and then it will start to barely blow out the top vents and only blow out the bottom. During the winter it will blow cold air at the feet on the passengers side. The blower motor works fine and the temp sensor in the middle of the ac controls gets pretty warm when the heat is on. Any ideas thanx
  • goobersgoobers Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    dual climate will not get cold on driver side i did the reset and the air is still not getting cold wondering if it's a problem with the door actuator
  • cred1cred1 Posts: 2
    I have an 04 Pacifica0. 3 days ago, the right side & rear a/c was fine & the left side was not cooling at all. I returned 30 mins later, it wouldn't even turn on & after driving for 10 mins, it started to blow the same-passenger & rear fine, driver's side warm. Went out of town for 3 days, came back, now NOTHING is cool. Is this a freeon issue? The relay switch would completely keep it from blowing, right? Please help, I have a 2 yr old, live in Texas and do NOT have the money to pay 400+ to get this fixed!
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 193
    My 04 would not blow any cold air. I took it into my dealer last week and they refilled the Freon. Cost $180 and it now works fine. They say it is a very slow leak that they can't detect.
  • cred1cred1 Posts: 2
    Holy Moses Alive......I went to O'reilly's and purchased a can for $27! I haven't had a problem since. Man, $180 is ALOT for a refill on freon....If they told you they can't detect a leak, that just short for saying......you'll be back in a couple of months. They have neon fluid that can be put into your system to see exactly where it is leaking, no matter how big or small, a leak is a leak (saw them do that in my lexus)! I have enough though to last me till Nov, that's when it's getting traded!
  • merlmaramerlmara Posts: 1
    The a/c is not blowing cold air. I changed the filter behind the glove box. Added freon to the system. The gauge says the system is overcharged, so now I have to bleed it a little. The Blower is working but the air is still not cold. could it be the compressor.
  • stevenwstevenw Posts: 18
    My car is a Chrysler 300, not a Pac but this may be similar. When we would take long drives, after about an hours or two, the AC would fade out. Both the temp (would get warm) and the blower (would almost stop blowing). There is a TSB on this for the 300 and the solution is a PCM module flash. Dealer did that and car is thyrowing enough AC to hang meat. Maybe same issu on Pac's with this type of problem??

TSB Number: 2400504
  • bob782bob782 Posts: 3
    Kalathiparm,
    Did the new resistor block solve the fan issue for you? I've same problem.
    TIA,
    Bob
  • tasomatasoma Posts: 2
    I had a service station refill the freon since they said there was none left. For a brief time I had coll air. Now I do not. Any suggestions?
    You have a leak in your system that needs to be fixed before you have someone put more freon into it. Go somewhere else than where you first went since they didn't look for a leak before refilling (or did they and you said just refill it?). Hope the leak is an easy fix but usually these require expensive fixes (new compressor etc...). Good luck!
  • cg1963cg1963 Posts: 8
    FYI, I recently encountered the same problem. When I turned the key to the 'On' position the fan came on and ran at full speed. The fan controls seem to work but when I power the HVAC system off, the fan is still running at full speed. Read the posts and bought a new resistor block at NAPA (they had it in stock for my 2004 for about $70 w/AAA discount), replaced the part and it fixed the problem. The fix takes about 5 minutes. Thanks to all that posted the info regarding this problem!
    Thanks for the update. I did the same (got part on-line); best $60 I've spent lately!
  • I have a problem with my heating system. Driver side blower works and blows hot air. Passenger and rear blower works and blows only cold air! I checked the blower fuse and it is fine. Help!
  • I had my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica (24K mi) into shop for 2nd time for AC.
    First time they used dye and checked AC and could not find a leak - reacharge - 4 weeks later no AC again. They refilled for free can't find the leak and said the following is what they believe it to be....

in Rear cooling system
    Evaporator may be leaking
    Apparently not something easy to get to - great ;)
    go do dealer

Anyone else had EVAPORATOR AC issues ?
    I found the part online so at least I know evaporator is not just a "go away" term - ha ha - usually just heard of condensor in AC system. What is difference between Condensor and Evaporator?

Thanks!

Budda 1 says Peace Out
  • I have a 2008 Pacifica and the blower works on all settings except high. Does anyone have any sugestions? Thanks
  • I have the same problem. I still han't figured it out. Just recently the ac quit blowing air all together.
  • The AC in my 05 Pacifica quit blowing air recently. I have checked the fuses under the hood but not sure where to go from here. Please help