Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Rims

2»

Comments

• babbs3babbs3 Posts: 50
    Yes James this is a tragedy because rims and even tires should not have to be a worry to you. Ford has gotten away with so many goofs since 2008 (transmissions, staining seats and poor My sync) I have only been a loyal fan for 5 years but the last 3 Fords have been disappointing. I too am looking elsewhere after this current lease is up. Sorry you had to learn this lesson too.
  • bozewellbozewell Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Edge Eco-boost. Had a 2009 Escape with those chrome covers and waited a long time to clean. I felt it would take too long to clean them real good. Based on the cleaning of those I assume one should clean the chrome often and with nothing abrasive. Is this true and what is a recommended cleaner?
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 551
    They are an easy clean on the Edge. I use mild soap and water and a sponge. Rinse clean and that is it. I find that brake dust does not build up to any degree on these rims.
  • edgy1edgy1 Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a blow out through the back of the 20" stock chrome rims that are standard on a 2013 Ford Edge SEL. I had one crack near the end of a 8 hour drive in 40 degree F weather. It felt like I hit something when it failed, but went back and walked the road immediately following the failure and found nothing on the road. The tire shows no sign of damage.
2»