Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Bravada

i need to know where the computer is located on a 94 bravada,all wheel drive.my boss at my job is letting me use the vehicle first to see if i want to but it. it needs alot of repair. anyways, it seems like it is out of time, but there is no timing mark, i guess its a computer. any info on this would be "very" helpful,so my husband can try to fix it himself, thank you,susyq47

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,023
    Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Bravada!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
    4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
    5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
    6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
    7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
    (The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites (www.picturetrail.com, www.zing.com/, www.fototime.com, www.clubphoto.com) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/100532.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please let me know.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Club

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• blefflerbleffler Posts: 22
    I've had my Bravada for a couple weeks now and really enjoy it.

I'm interested in what solutions folks have used to secure their spare tire.

bob
  • We got our 2002 Bravada on April 4 and currently have ~2000 miles on it. Other than the month it was off road for the recall, we LOVE it. A friend also just bought one yesterday and his comment was, "Awesome!".
    I have noticed some tire noise with the Cross Terrains, but haven't had time to talk to the dealer about it. Anyone else noticed it?

TomW
  • billsoterbillsoter Posts: 49
    We've had our Bravada for almost 3 weeks. So far we love it. It's pretty early but we have encountered zero problems. The fit & finish, etc. is great. We also have a brand new Acura 3.2TL Type S and the Bravada with the air suspension rides more smoothly.
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    As the title would indicate, I've had mine Bravada for nearly a month. I'm overall very happy with it. A few minor annoyances: The bezel around the passenger (front) inside door handle pops off and the headliner at the rear of the sunroof has come un-stuck. Other than that I love it. What looks it gets!!!

Mine is Indigo Blue with the SmartTrak
    Nice to meet you all!

Would anyone like to offer some suggestions for discussions in your club?

Accessories & Modifications?
    What did you pay?
    Road Trips?
    Problems & Solutions?

Other ideas???? Let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• gt01gt01 Posts: 6
    Mine was ordered June 4 and I am looking forward to receiving it. Had a '89 Blazer and son is still driving it every day in Virginia.
  • We bought a 2000 Bravada 2 weeks ago, love it, only had 15k miles. Mine has the Platinum Package, I've added fiberglass running boards painted to match the trim on the bottom, a bug shield on the front, window rain shields. Honestly, I can't think of another thing that could possibly be added to this one!
  • hingramhingram Posts: 24
    1996 Bravada here. We may look at a 2002 in a few years. The 1996 still looks as good as new. These cars hold up very well.
  • gmanusegmanuse Posts: 1
    Just got our new 2001 Bravada yesterday (6/16/2001) and love it. It's arctic white, sunroof, pewter leather, along with all the other nice incentives that are being offered to clear the dealers' inventory to make room for 2002. We currently have a 1989 Olds Intrigue so we qualified for the $1,500 loyalty rebate. Plus you can't beat the $3,000 rebate now being offered on 2001 the Bravada. Been very happy with Oldsmobiles and are sorry it's being phased out. Maybe it's a marketing/publicity ploy from GM??? Anyway, only one problem found with our new Bravada... when the headlights are on, the instrument panel lights, radio display, console display, and shifter display do not illuminate. I guess we'll have to take it back to the dealer on Monday to see what's wrong.
    Here goes. My 2002

Yea! It worked! Thanks
  • mosaixmosaix Posts: 106
    A 1989 Olds Intrigue?? I wish they made them back them, Olds wouldn't be in the trouble they are now if they did. Anyway, I'm sure you meant 1999 Intrigue. As for the "phase out" being a GM marketing ploy, I only wish that was the case but unless Robert Lutz says whoa(which isn't likely) Olds is probably gone in a few more years. Thats really a shame as they have an excellent product line and they were really improving their image among consumers. Other than Cadillac or Chevy/GMC trucks and SUVs, there is really no other GM division I really like.
  • I am cobsidering trading my 97
    GMC Safari for a 2001 Bravada. I know about the 3K rebate, but not about the 1.5K loyalty rebate....does anyone know if it is still available. Also, the appx. cost of extending to a 6 or 7 year extended warranty?
    Thanks.
  • jmd5jmd5 Posts: 1
    I will soon give my 1994 explorer to my son. I've narrowed my choices to the 2001 bravada or the 2001 ford escape. I realize that they are different vehicles. I am attracted to the bravada with its rebate and 5/60 warranty but am concerned about its eventual phase-out and its reliability and gas mileage. My explorer averaged 13-15 around town. The escape seems to be roomier inside and predicts better gas mileage(18/24). Any thoughts or advice for me?
  • I currently am looking at a 1999 Bravada with 15,000 miles. The price seems too good to be true ($15,500). Would appreciate any feedback on quality, reliability, an overall satisfaction from current owners. This is for a replacement on a totaled 2000 Rodeo.
  • bryancosbryancos Posts: 282
    2002 Triplet owners: For those who aren't already aware, there's multiple forums here for the 2002 Envoy/TB/Bravada owners, which makes finding parts and accessories a challenge. It took a whle to realize that the forums here are sometimes haphazard and redundant for certain sibling vehicles. It appears that there is no Parts/Accessories Forum for the Bravada like there is for the Envoy/Trailblazer. If you weren't aware, there are parts that are applicable for all three triplets on the Envoy Parts/Accessories board -- perhaps the HOSTS here should consider making these all into a single site, like the main My 2002.... board...

Links for all vehicles provided below: (remove the space in the url-- can't post words greater than 115 chars here)

Envoys:

http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/ WebX?14@@.ef00533

Trailblazers:

http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/ WebX?13@@.ef00521

Bravadas:

http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/ WebX?13@@.ef00528
  • dyatesdyates Posts: 13
    Hi Everyone,

I just purchesed a new Bravada about two weeks ago. So far I couldn't be happier.

Please let me know if you have added any accessories or modifications that you really like. Also, if you have installed any, that in hindsight, you wouldn't do again please share them.

Problems & Solutions-So far the only thing we noticed was some wind noise. It was corrected by following the supplement pages in the owners manual. It offers instructions for the car rack bracket placement when not in use.
  • bimmersbimmers Posts: 14
    We bought a new 2002 Bravada right before the no interest promotion ended. The Bravada was a cheaper and better value than its siblings, particularly its 5 year warranty. Love the motor. Reminds me of my in-line BMW engines. Nicely appointed and powerful. But . .

Has anyone had experience dealing with/getting satisfaction from Olds/GM with regard to the deformations/ripples in the sheet metal at the top corners of all the doors where they wrap around the window glass? Mine's black and the ripples are VERY evident. The front bumper cover also is very loose, not snug like the Envoy and the Trailblazer. Shakes on washboard surfaces. Dealer says all Bravada bumpers are loose and that this is normal. I think not. There's also spot weld splatter inside two of the door jambs. Anyone else have these issues? I read in the car mags that these vehicles had QC issues, but I never expected this many. Mine was made in June 2001, so I assume it's a early production truck.

Thanks!
  • cmack4cmack4 Posts: 302
    If you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, I would definitely try Oldsmobile. If you're patient with them and explain your situation, they may even contact your dealer and order the work to be performed!
  • glb637glb637 Posts: 1
    Wondering if anyone else has a low rpm groaning noise from the engine/transmission???? when starting up from a dead stop and only in the 750 to 900 rpm range..my Olds dealership has replaced my intake manifold but it did not correct the problem ...that was 4 months ago and I understand Olds/GM is working on it at the technical service level...evidently all of the triplets have it and there is no fix at this time....if anyone has had this noise and their dealer could fix it ....please let me know....at this point Olds?GM said they will let me know when the fix is figured out........also you will notice in your owners manual it states not to exceed the redline on your tachometer...have you seen a redline on your tach....not there is it....all grey or at least mine is........also the person that had a clunk when going over big bumps...I had it also and it was found to be a loose bolt on the rear stabilizer bar...after it was tighten ....no problem.....does anyone know if Olds has running boards for this Bravada?????? Thanks for any information you can give me......Gary
  • bobbiesbobbies Posts: 34
    Those of you with the 2002 Bravada, take a look at the side panel just behine the rear door. It juts out just far enough to catch all the road debris from the front wheels, with or w/p flaps. If your vehicle is more than a month old, the paint is probably chipped badly. Anyone got a solution? GM is supposedly "working on it". Basicly design people screwed up.

Bobbies
  • Anyone have Grinding both front and back (brakes ?) when putting car in gear? Dealer says normal, didn't start til 3000miles.
  • As per my response to post #21, I too, had this problem, as I'm sure all owners have. My fix, was to demand the dealer apply a Mylar film over the surface, after it was repainted, of course under warranty. This was done several months ago, and the problem is solved. I chose a black film, much like Porsche and Panoz use on wide fender flares, even though the dealer wanted to apply clear. To each his own, I like mine as it goes with my theme. Lots of ongoing problems still with the encoder motor on the transfer case, wandering mirrors etc. but it will all be ironed out in time, I hope!

Al
    By grinding, what do you mean? Do you mean a fast pulsing action? That's normal. It's the ABS performing a self test.
    Surprisingly, I live right by the beach, and I have yet to see any chips on my rear flares! I guess the true test will be this winter when the rock salt hits the road.

Maybe it's a paint issue though. Do you guys have a noticable "orange peel" to your paint? I've seen some triplets that were really bad and others where it was hardly noticeable. On mine it's hardly noticeable, so it may have something to do with how the paint cured (temperature/time/etc).
  • I live in PA and just took my vehicle in for the flange paint chip problem. Purchased the vehicle in Aug.2002 and now have 4100 miles on it. The dealer called me yesterday and said the repaint job was NOT a warranty item. I told him in no uncertain terms that was not acceptable. I told him that he sold me a 4-Wheel drive vehicle that I cannot drive in the winter if I want paint on the bottom panels. What is wrong with that picture?? So a Factory Rep. is supposed to look
    at it today. I fully expect a run around on this.
    Any suggestions??? HELP
  • The dealer, after talking with the Factory Rep. agreed to repaint the area where the paint is chipped free of charge as a "goodwill" gesture(aren't they nice).
    I am going to put mud flaps on to see if this helps the problem.
  • hey folks, i am looking to purchase a 94,96 bravada from the local auction. do u guys have any heads-up i should look for maintenance/repair-wise for an older bravada. whatever advise i could get would be very helpful.