Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Power Door Locks

1235»

Comments

• tappermomtappermom Posts: 1
    I have the 2008 CR-V top of the line with leather and nav. system. And my car is in pristine condition. About 3 months ago, all my door locks started automatically locking and unlocking themselves at around 9 or 10 miles per hour. Since I spend hours each week in Los Angeles stop and go traffic, it's super annoying. Took it to the independent shop I've been going to for years, and they couldn't find anything wrong. After reading all these posts, I'll tell them to check the actuators, and I'm going to try having them lubed up like one guy suggested, before I replace things. But I'm going to go to safecar.gov and file a complaint there too. I'm afraid to let my grandkids ride in the back seat now. What if one of them decided to hang on to the door handle and it opened accidently while we were moving? This is my third Honda, and I've never had any problems outside of routine maintenance.
  • sdmacksdmack Posts: 1
    Same car, sam door, same problem - exactly! The door would gradually unlock after locking. I had to place a mechanical clamp around the remote cable to keep it from unlocking. This has to be a safety hazard since it becomes unlocked while in transit, not to mention, no way to secure the vehicle while it is in a parking lot.
  • robinj823robinj823 Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 that is doing the same thing. It just started a couple of days ago. Have you been able to find anything out? I found this on Safercar.gov:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action
  • kez7kez7 Posts: 2
    I called Honda, gave them my Vin# and filed a complaint about this... PLEASE EVERYONE call them and issue a complaint! 1-800-999-1009 Honda Motors
  • kez7kez7 Posts: 2
    ALSO call dept of trans safety hotline 1-888-327-4236 and file a complaint... squeaky wheel gets the oil!
  • I called Honda Motors today to register a complaint about the door lock situation. Probably won't get anywhere, but if enough of us register a complaint, maybe something will be done...before I have to replace the actuator on the other three doors. GRRRRRRRRR!
  • kgc6kgc6 Posts: 1
    Similar problem as you, except in my Honda CR-V 2007, it's the driver's door that lock's itself, a second or two after unlocking the door with my remote. I have to keep "unlocking" until I can get the door open -sometimes it locks while I'm in the process of opening the door and the door locks just partially open. Have to hit the remote button again until it let's the door go.

Found the Law Firm someone mentioned in an earlier part of the forum that filed a class action lawsuit against Honda over this very issue: (Honda CR-V's 2007-2011 actuators malfunction)

Honda CRV – Door Lock Actuator Failure – Class Action Lawsuit, filed on 18 JAN 2013
    Chimicles & Tikellis Law Firm
    http://www.chimicles.com/honda-and-acura-door-lock-actuator-failure

I suggest those having similar problems read up and let them know the problems they are having.

Also, found an article on a local Providence, Rhode Island tv/news station reporting on the issue: 15 MAY 2013

Honda CR-V door locks pose danger
    http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/12_for_action/honda-CRV-door-locks-pose-danger

Finally, as others suggested...
    We should all call Honda and let them know about the problems you are having.
    If you think you must, file a complaint at: http://www.safercar.gov/

Hope Honda comes through or the Class Action comes thru on this matter PRONTO!!!

I have owned a Honda - and absolutely loved and trusted them - since about 1988. But, quality control had apparently slipped badly- apparently, since the middle of the decade it seems. My 1998 Honda CR-V was a dream! It ran for close to a decade quite well till I sold it at 215, 000 miles - with very little done to it except the required maintenance. But on this 2007 CR-V alone I've already dealt with the Honda CR-V AC Compressor Problems at about the same time last year. Thankfully a class action lawsuit was won over the issue and Honda came through well and I got most of my money back. But now this! The problems I've had with this Honda are really starting to make me think about switching "makes", to my regret!

Hope the problem get's resolved to everyone's satisfaction!
  • 5mcare5mcare Posts: 1
    My 2008 Honda CRV (that I just paid off) is at the dealer right now. The passenger door won't lock and the back hatch won't open. They are saying if they fix the door it will fix the back hatch. I've been trying to find a site that will show me how to replace the actuator. Any suggestions?
  • gzp2013gzp2013 Posts: 1
    I had a similar experience with my 2003 CR-V. 4 lock actuators have been replaced! I believe that this problem is wide spread across years for this model and that Honda is well aware of it. By the way the local dealer (HERB Chambers Honda, Boston) stated to me that they are totally unaware of such as issue...Good luck.
  • joe161joe161 Posts: 3
    I am having the same problem as described. In looking at the actuator I see a rod with an adjustment slot. Can an adjustment be made to solve the problem or is the problem a weakened electrical circuit?

Regards,

Joe Dill
  • It's on youtube. It's done on a 2008 but thats the same as your 07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Dkr2yo-60
  • I have the same problem. It has been repaired by the dealer on two different occasions. The first repair cost approximately $240 each. I must have screamed loud enough on the second failure. It was declared a warranty repair which was on July 12, 2012. The doors are acting up again so I anticipate I will be taking the car into the dealer sometime in the future. Yes, I am looking at replacing the Honda. It was my first Honda and, I believe, it will be my last. I always drove Toyota's in the past.
  • I have a 2008 CRV and had this same issue with the front passenger door approximately 2 years ago. Under warranty at the time so it didn't cost me anything except my time. Now the same thing is happening with the two rear passenger doors. Locks have a mind of their own. Auto door locks are nice until they no longer work. What a pain!
  • vthakorevthakore Posts: 20

I have a 2002 Honda CRV EX.

My problem: Power mirrors don't work on either side (power feature), the rear glass doesn't pop when you post the button on the d/s door and the door locks don't work via switch..lock or unlock. What module is everyone referring to and where is it located? Does anyone have a honda part number or a actual exact name?

Much help is appreciated, I see a lot of 2002-2004 Honda CRV's and this information would be genuine.

Thanks. Val

1235»