Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Tribute Coil and Spark Problems

2»

Comments

• Hey Blondesooner,
    I just sold my 2005 Mazda tribute to Carmax and bought a Toyota Camry. But before, I sold it, the svc dept at the Mazda dealership said that I either needed a new catalytic converter or I had an exhaust leak. I had been having problems accelerating, etc
  • Take advantage of free inspections Mazda Dealers provides. I had that done and it was the Idle Air Control Valve, costs $100-$150 to fix or get part very easy to replace yourself.

Take to auto parts store and get free scan done, to make sure you have no misfires.

Going through same stuff for over a month now.
  • ericl4ericl4 Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issue and had to replace various coils in the past few years. What did you do to correct this problem?

I have been using aftermarket coils because the price is too high ($114 each) for factory. The factory part number for the 2005 Mazda Tribute Coil for V6 3.0L is 1L8E-12A366-AB.

Does anyone know the resistance settings as I have an extra one I want to test? I need the OHM range so I can test with my Multimeter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2»