Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• johnmarcojohnmarco Posts: 22
    I'm glad you've had good luck with your new Nissans. I still think it's risky though (for any brand.) There are so many examples of first-year fixes that have to go in, though (e.g. bad clutch in the 2007 G35, fixed for 2008.) Not like the engine's gonna fall out or anything, but still, that's me, play it very safe.

Regarding the Versa, that's actually a "world" car that had already been in production for some time overseas. So they had some time to work out any bugs by the time you picked one up.
  • iwantoneiwantone Posts: 52
    If the new Max is scheduled to go on sale the early summer, when does Nissan announce actual pricing ? Also is it more expensive to insure a Max compared to other sedans?
  • alexstorealexstore Posts: 264
    well they will probably announce pricing soon. Now in reference to insuring 05 Maxima, they are listed as midsize sedan and in my case had no increase
    If you want to ballpark the price for yourself why not just assume a 5% bump? I have no idea when they might announce pricing though.

Regarding insurance, I wouldn't know that either, but your insurance company can cut out the guesswork for you. Just call them and have them price the premium on a 2008 Accord EX-L V6, a Camry XLS V6, and a 2008 Maxima SL. Again that should give you some ballpark to work with.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    Regarding pricing, the last 3 new Nissans I have bought (07 Versa, 08 Rogue, 08 Altima Coupe) nissan released these earlier then what thier web site stated. THe Versa I could build 2 months before he car was released so I knew the price then. The Rogue and Coupe were released on thier web site 3 weeks before the dealers got them. So I would guess if nissan is saying early summer, I would start looking on thier web site the middle of May.

Regarding insurance, we went from a 99 MAX to a 05 Altima sedan SE 3.5 and the insurance didnt go up much. You have to remember that when yuo buy a new car iinsurnace well alway go up, usally not by much.
    Check out Nissan's webpage. They put up a nice preview site of the new Maxima.
  • Does anyone else think the frontend on the 2009 Maxima resemble the last model Infiniti Q45?
  • iwantoneiwantone Posts: 52
    Yes I do. It is very classy looking.
  • kgabekgabe Posts: 25
    WHEN is this 09' model going to be in on dealers lots for purchase?
    Well I'm sitting here at my Nissan Dealer having a service done on my Nissan, I talked to the Sales Manager and he doesn't know the excat date. But as I can tell you, the past couple of new models have been released a little early. the Versa was to have been released in Fall of 06 (as a 07) but was released late summer (Aug of 06) the Rogue was released early also, as well as the Altima Coupe. The new Max's website says the summer of 08, I would be safe in saying that they should be arriving at dealerships very soon...
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    So the pics of the new Maxima are all over the web. When I first saw it around the time of the NY auto, I didn't like it. But it has grown on me a lot. I guess it was smart of Nissan to make it smaller to emphasize performance. Only thing is, what if you want Nissan performance but need something bigger than an Altima?

Everything seems to be looking great for the Maxima, right now. That is, until you look at its competitors. Hyundai should really have Nissan nervous. While the Max seems to have taken most of its performance toys from the G, the Genesis is an Infinity M fighter (well not really, but that's what they aimed for). Performance won't be quite as good as the Maxima, until you opt up for the V8. That should be a major pain in Nissan's side.

While the Maxima is a poor man's infiniti, the Pontiac G8 is a poor man's BMW. For a better price, you can get a G8 with the V8 that would leave the Max in the dust. Plus it's bigger. The interior wouldn't look as nice, but fit and finish would be just as good. I'd bet the new Mazda 6 can outrun the Maxima, as 0-60 in 6.5 isn't impressive for a car that size with that much power.

I'm not saying any of the others are better, I just hope Nissan wasn't planning on the Maxima having it easy. This should make an interesting comparison test.
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 320
    Looks like a beautiful vehicle, and the magazines just love 290hp engines in family sedans that weigh nearly 3700lbs

But- does a car like this even make sense any more with $4/gal gas? It was envisioned and designed probably 3-4 years ago and no longer has a place today.

OK, granted, spending $2400 a year on petrol won't break the bank of the average buyer of a $35K sedan- but from a principle standpoint, isn't it time that our family sedans are getting 25mpg rather than 19mpg (or 17mpg as the testers realized). Remember, this is a Nissan, not an Infinity.

Wouldn't a 200hp engine that pulls a car weighing 400lbs less to 60 in 7.9s and gets 25mpg/32mpg hwy be the solution of the future? Well, OK- maybe in Altima trim? So, I guess my issue is with the Altima- which got too big and nice, and forced the Maxima to be 'over the top'. Hmm. guess that's why they call it a "Maxima".
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    I for one am happy to hear that the 2009 Maxima shrunk in length.
    The previous gen Maxima had grown up to almost 194 inches in length. To me, that is just way too long for a sedan. The Genesis, while it looks to be very promising is way too long for me
    at 195 inches!!
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    The previous gen Maxima had grown up to almost 194 inches in length. To me, that is just way too long for a sedan. The Genesis, while it looks to be very promising is way too long for me
    at 195 inches!!

You don't understand the term 'full size sedan" then, do you? The benefits of cars that large are more interior space with back seats someone 6+ft can actually sit in. Can they still handle? See G8/ Mazda 6.

And Nissan didn't mess up in Maxima's old size, but that they let the Altima again better it, in looks and perforemance.
  • kgabekgabe Posts: 25
    Looks great to me. Would like to get the Mrs. one. Will have to see and drive however. Which hopefully will be shortly. My Titan 4WD LE is a GREAT truck too.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    Hi,

I've read in some other forums where a few 2009 Maxima's have been spotted but my local dealers are saying July/August is most likely for Maximas to go on sale. Any one know the official release / sale date?

While I personally think the 2009 Maxima looks great and is a good step in the right direction, the lack of activity/interest in this forum makes me think others do not share this opinion. If so, the could be the last of the Maxima's!! Long live Altima.
    I would assume with past expeirence with Nissan, the New Max will be at dealers shortly. I would say before the end of the month.
  • My dealer will have one tomorrow (6-20) Also I have heard the same thing from other people around the country. Can't wait to drive one!