Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• falcon74falcon74 Posts: 67
    Has anyone heard what the pricing is going to be for the 2009 Maxima? Also,, anything on the MPG? thanks-
  • kgabekgabe Posts: 25
    I saw one yesterday in person. Dealer driven. Dark grey color and it looked great. Seeing the price list would be much appreciated Nissan.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    Most Nissan dealers in my area now have at least 2 Maxima's in stock. The dealership closest to me has two SV models. The "base" SV is around $33k while the fully loaded Premium Package + Nav model is a bit over $38k.

MPG was rated 19 highway and 26 city for a combined 22 mpg which is the exact same combined MPG as the 2008 V6 accord - but the Maxima has higher horsepower and no VCM mechanical problems to worry about. Nice job Maxima!

Next step, the test drive!!
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    Correction - it was 19 MPG City and 26 MPG Highway.

This is no hybrid vehicle:-)
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Posts: 58
    Maxima must have premium gas. Accord V6 is regular. That's a significant difference.
  • snagssnags Posts: 27
    Just saw the maxima at a local dealer. White but a grey interior which didnt really match well.
    It listed for over 36k with the technology package,but the real suirprise is that they put a 1k market adjustment on the sticker price.

Now I can understand trying to sell at MSRP since its new but to add a market adjustment for a car getting only combined 20 or so mpg using premium fuel seems a little much at this particular point in time.

The car did look impressive though.
  • hjrockethjrocket Posts: 7
    See my post # 529 in buying experience. Ref: SV model.
  • tom17tom17 Posts: 134
    I got to briefly test drive my local dealer's one 09 Maxima. It was an SV, pearl white with close to black leather interior. Had the Sport package and Tech package (but not the Premium package). The Maxima still has some torque steer. Not real bad (only used about 1/2 throttle). Definitely more than ANY RWD car though. Compared to my cars (90 Q45, 98 I30 and 08 GS350) it had lots of exhaust noise. Not bothersome like a Corvette, but definitely audible. Good power & handling (did not really push the car hard - but the salesman still gave me a hard time about it). The sticker was between $37K and $38K. Dont really think it is a good value compared to the Pontiac G8 and upcoming Genesis sedan. If they get back to discounting them $5K+, then maybe.
  • 09murano09murano Posts: 15
    My local dealership has 2 and actually went under sticker for me. Fitzgerald automall in Chambersburg, PA has a loaded SV for $36,610 this is the same discount I received. This one has premium and Tech....which I didn't need. I absolutely love mine....more horsepower, less torque steer, and close to 30 mpg highway....WHAT A BEAST!

As far as value compared to a G8...just check trade-in 3 years from now, pontiac re-sale value is awful.
  • shaaseshaase Posts: 4
    Sat in a new Maxima SV today- Black with charcoal interior, tech. package, priced at $36K. The car is beautiful- much better looking than the pictures. Seats were very comfortable, soft leather, lots of room, excellent fit and finish. However need to spend extra $$ to get cold weather package- heated seated and mirrors.Has the big Goodyear RSA 235-18 tires.
  • elam42elam42 Posts: 6
    FYI--the 2009 Maxima is now on the website. They have pricing, features, etc. www.nissanusa.com.
  • billeveebillevee Posts: 15
    Edmunds has tested the so called 19 City 26 Highway with their own test and came up with a combined 17mpg Best=20;Worst 13.5!!! WOW Wait 3-4 months before you buy. They;ll be giving them away!! Probably the worst time for Nissan to release this car!!
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Doesn't matter if I understand the term "full-sized sedan." It would be pretty difficult for me to fit these particular cars in my garage!!! Even when I had my 2002 Maxima, I either had to bump up against the washing machine which was at the front of the garage or tap up against the garage door in order to be able to move around to the front of the car while it was inside the garage. The 2002 Maxima was around 191 inches or thereabouts.
  • snagssnags Posts: 27
    I agree. I dont understand the local dealers here in NJ who are adding market value adjustments at a time when auto sales are down for low mileage vehicles using premium fuel no less.

One dealer added 1k and the other 1.5 k and had the nerve to add 5oo for lo jack .

The price without the premium package for the latter was over 39 k.Someone please please explain this to me.

The car is nice but not earth shattering.
    I can't find the Edmunds mpg test. Please direct me to this info. Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    I hope I can answer this for you. THere are some people out there that aren't as informed as the people who read these forums and will pay that market adjustment. Also these people think they are getting a great deal if the dealer waves the market adjustment and throws in carpet kit while they are paying full MSRP.... But if you sat down with that dealer and gave them YOUR price, they would bend to your price. If they don't then that dealer well be closing real soon, since other dealers (as we have witnessed on these fourns) are discounting new car heavy. I hope this helps...
  • billeveebillevee Posts: 15
    You may want to check Edmunds mpg test at 17 cimbined; 20=best and 13.4 Worse Good Luck

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=126520/pageId=13- 9265
    Terrible mileage, with premium no less. Very nice car, but I'm going to pass.