Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• dmccallumdmccallum Posts: 5
    2009 MAXIMA 3.5 SV 4DR PREMIUM PACKAGE

WINTER FROST, CAFE LATTE, FLOOR & TRUNK MATS

I really need help, how can get the best deal with putting $500 -$1000 down? In live in GA. I need my payment to be $400 per mo or less.

I'm working with the dealership via the internet. Here are the numbers they sent me. They gave me a deal of:

Vehicle Price: $37,900.00
    Theft Protection Program: + $299.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $3,416.00
    Selling Price: $34,783.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,476.74
    Title Fee: + $46.00
    MVWR: + $3.00
    Documentation Fee: + $599.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $37,907.74

This would be for a 36 month lease @ 12k per year.
    The money factor is .00139
    The residula value is $20,446
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 883
    I think you need to look at a much less expensive car.
  • out4catout4cat Posts: 91
    DMC:
    After reading all the comments on the 09 Maxima, including my own critical comments, I finally walked into a dealership and got myself one. Mine is Precision Grey with Frost Seats (no-way would I ever buy it with black seats). I must say it took some driving around to find the car without black seats but well worth the extra effort. Here is the deal I got.
    Sticker for SV + Sport Package + Splash Guards + Trunk and Floor Mats = 36,505
    Wholesale below dealer cost 29,900 for the car, plus taxes and fees. So I think your dealer can do better with the price of yours. Rebate may very well be in the deal package. Add to that the fact that I gave in my 07 Maxima 16months before the lease end on that one and was 5K upside down on that car. I still walked out paying 499.00 a month for 39 months with ZERO (0) money down, just the 1st monthly payment and that is it. If you calculate all those numbers, the dealer really went to bat to sell that car. Now take into consideration that it was the 30th of the month, at about 11pm and the dealer needed to make its quota. Nevertheless, I got the deal I needed to say yes and went from paying 429 for an 07 to 499 for an 09. How the additional 2,800.00 covers all the taxes, upside down payoffs, fees, and 6K higher sticker price on my 09 compared to the 07, I will never know but don't care either.
    In general I miss the 07's power folding mirrors, rear sonar parking assist, trip computer display on the center stack in large numbers vs. on the instrument panel in small numbers, dual auto dimming side mirrors, and the ability to have only one side mirror fold down in reverse vs. both.
    I gained a much better handling car, sweeter sound from the engine and exhaust, more horsepower and quicker pick-up, paddle shifter, way better CVT, and better fit and finish.
    I have only had it a week so more to follow as I drive more miles. Bottom line is I have to now put aside all my past criticism of the vehicle and enjoy having the latest Max on the road.
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    Smarty,
    I think you might be visiting the wrong places.
    Do an inventory search on these places:
    Fitzmall.com Chambersburg, PA
    Antwerpen Security Nissan Clarksville, MD
    You can see that significant discounts are available in the DC area.
    Antwerpen shows MSRP of 37585 for 32460; 39205 for 33907; and 31205 for 26840.
    Brown's Sterling Nissan and Brown's Fairfax Nissan in NOVA used to post similar aggressive prices online but stopped a few months ago. You need to contact some of these places by internet first and see what they say.

I found these places online a few months back when I was considering the Maxima but ultimately bought a CPO BMW instead.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Thanks for the info. I live about 4 hours from DC so I don't know if I'd go all the way down that way buts thanks for giving specifics on dealers with the rebates. I will def look into it. I do agree the frost interior looks the best in the max because it has the two tone color palate like the blond interior in the altima. The parchment interior with all that black interior panels looks terrible. Frost or slate exterior with the frost interior is def the way to go color wise.
  • out4catout4cat Posts: 91
    Smarty if you can wait until the week of the 18th June and are willing to come to the DC area (I know it is 4 hours for you), I can set you up with my salesman to work out a deal. Like I said in my last posting, I do not know how he jived the numbers to give the deal I got but if he can do the magic, you might want to give him a try. I always recommend dealing on the last day of the month though.
  • cyberpunkcyberpunk Posts: 39
    Well, finally got my car in to the dealership to replace a cracked windshield, get an oil change, and have that 'popping' sound I mentioned looked at.

Turns out, I've got a defective front-right strut. Probably just a ball bearing or something, but the sound is definitely annoying. Funny thing is, the parts are on backorder and my dealer has no idea when they'll be in. Seems very strange that they'd be on backorder. I suspect this may be a pretty common defective part with Maximas...perhaps they are in the process of changing suppliers? In any case, the sound is only annoying, and does not impact my car's safety...and I've been listening to it for months now, so I suppose I can wait patiently until the part comes in.

My first warranty repair with this car!
  • redmazda3redmazda3 Posts: 28
    Just bought my wife an 09 Maxima. We've noticed a popping sound coming from the left front. Turns out it is the struts too. I've looked on this forum and others and it seems Nissan does have a problem with struts and sometimes tie rods. My dealer said the parts would be in in a couple of days. Hope that is true and the parts are not on back order. Anyway we both love the car.
  • redbullredbull Posts: 26
    Congratulations on your purchase! I've had mine since November, and after 7500 miles I still absolutely love the car. I have had zero problems, and it is fast, comfortable, and beautiful with all the cutting edge electronics. I really love the air conditioned driver's seat, and the voice activated Navi works great (unlike the Navi in my wife's 2008 Highlander Limited, you can program a destination while driving). The iPod interface works great too.

I have Premium + Technology, dark slate with charcoal interior. Although not what you wanted, I think the black interior looks very sporty and masculine - I wouldn't have gotten it any other way. This is just a matter of personal taste.

I find it interesting that some who post here take pains to try and differentiate Honda, Toyota and Nissan with Infiniti, Acura and Lexus, as if it's some kind of class struggle with clear-cut lines of product differentiation. What about the GT-R? Is that somehow a lower-class car because it isn't an Infiniti? Before I bought my Maxima, I compared it to similar sport sedans at a similar price point: Acura TL (both FWD with similar power), Lexus GS350, Infiniti G37, etc. The Maxima compares very favorably in fit and finish, and quality of materials with all of these cars. What's in a name?

I did not like either the exterior or the interior of the new TL - but this is just subjective. The Maxima, IMHO, is better in both respects. Ditto the G37, I think the Max is better in both respects as well. I like the exterior of the GS350 a bit more, but the driver's seat is not nearly as comfortable as the Max. I was actually ready to sign the papers on a GS350, but the lack of padding in the driver's seat back caused me to walk away after a last-minute test drive. Why would Toyota skimp on padding in a Lexus? The salesman said it's because the GS is supposed to be more sporty than luxurious - that's not an excuse in my eyes - the car retails for almost $50K. The driver's seat in the Max is just perfect, the only one that I found to be better was the upgraded 20-way adjustable seat in the BMW 535i.

The G37 sedan with RWD and a real transmission on paper was more appealing to me, but the car is too small, and I just don't like the styling that much (the G37 coupe, on the other hand, is gorgeous though). Also the constant exhaust drone in the interior was irritating after awhile. And, the interior in the Max is more plush.

The CVT is okay, I don't mind it in every day driving. I would have preferred a real gear-shifting tranny though. The paddles are just a novelty, I haven't used them since the first week I had the car.

What about the exhaust sound in the Max? It has a rorty sound when punching it, but is quiet when cruising - to me the perfect combination. The Lexus had no sporty sound at all.

Fuel efficiency - My average for 7500 miles is now 21.5 MPG per the readout on the dash - and I am not at all shy with the gas pedal...

Overall, this is an excellent choice if you are looking for power, luxury/comfort and sportiness. Also, I get a lot of compliments on how handsome the car is in dark slate.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    JD Power just came out with its "Best Loved" car selections. Maxima won the large car segment. Volkswagon's won at least 5 of the car segment. Since I'm not a huge VW fan, I gotta wonder about these selections!!

BTW: Here's the link to the article.
    http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0907/gallery.2009_jdpower_apeal/11.htm- l
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,600
    Volkswagon's won at least 5 of the car segment. Since I'm not a huge VW fan, I gotta wonder about these selections!!

We VW owners love our cars because of the driving dyanmics, dash stroker interiors, ergonomics and Euro panache.

We VW owners don't always like our cars because of the random CEL's, bad coil packs, sludging turbo engines and various electrical gremlins.

But they have soul!! :)
    Hi, I was hoping someone could clarify something for me; do the 09 max's steering wheel controls illuminate at night? because I asked the salesman when I went for a test drive last week and he said they didn't yet in the brochure it says steering wheel illuminated gauges? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • strehlowstrehlow Posts: 15
    HI smarty!
    I have a 09 Max SV with the Premium and tech package and my controls are illuminated in the red light like it is on the dashboard. I assume that all models are the same. It is hard to read what they say at night because the type is small and you have to watch the road but they are illuminated and it make them easy to find. Besides a few things I would do differently, the car is AWESOME. I am getting a lot of compliments, everyone loves it. And as much as everyone complains about the CVT and front real drive I don't mind it at all. It is nice to go from 20 to 90 in seconds without feeling the jerky shifts and as far as torque steer, I find it very non-existent and I have no problem controlling the car which handles great!
    Thanks strehlow for the information; I thought they were lit up at night; I think the salesman I had was new to the dealership because he didn't even have a business card to give me; I just finished up a Acura TL lease the buttons lit up which was really helpful at night and I figured the maxima would do that to
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    I have a 08 Atlima Coupe and am looking to move up, when I drove the MAX at night I too found the controls hard to read, my streering wheel controls are VERY easy to read at night, I found that to a problem for me, it seems that Nissan didnt think this through very well...
    I think the reason why the maxima's steering gauges are harder to read at night are a two-fold problem, one is that the red-orange lighting Nissan uses is extremely dim and difficult to see compared to makers like Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus who uses blue or white illumination which are brighter to see at night; the second reason is that the maxima's controls/lettering on these gauges seems to be smaller than that on the altima's steering wheel; so both the dim color illumination and smaller lettering contribute to the problem; at least they are illuminated compared to my 05 FX35 which has no illumination and I have to feel around for the buttons which stinks!!!
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    Do either of the dual-panel moonroofs on the Premium Package open? I can't believe they would sacrifice the ability to open the roof in order to provide the second panel. My back seats are used like 5 times a year, and so I could care less about the second panel, I just want a roof that opens!
    Yes the sun roofs does open on the Premium Package plue it comes with a shade for the rear window. I've had my car for two weeks now and I love the Premium Package. I hope this helps
    I would like to change my 2009 Maxima grill. What are a some web sites i should check out?
  • strehlowstrehlow Posts: 15
    I am sure it was the salesman. I knew more about the car than the 4 salespeople that I went through at my dealership. I don't think they train the salespeople at all. Nissan needs to step up on their customer service levels. Love the car, not real excited about the company from a customer service standpoint.