Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6 Heating/Cooling

2»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    I would also recommend contacting your local dealer again for more assistance. If you are having problems finding resolution, I would recommend contacting Christina by email. She should be able to look into this further. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • msikor01msikor01 Posts: 3
    2008 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible w/3.5L
    Occaisionally, after driving the car with the AC on, and working, you make a stop for 10-15 minutes, and when you start the car, the AC will not come on for quite a while. It seems to be more prevalent on hotter days, 85+.
    Dealer has checked it out twice and cannot find the problem.
    I do know that when there is no AC, the compressor is not engaging.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry to hear about this elusive problem with your G6's air conditioning. Has your dealership ever been able to duplicate the situation you're describing, or is the event too intermittent to be predictable?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • msikor01msikor01 Posts: 3
    It was replicated during one service call, however, the repair performed (system pressure check) did not correct the issue. The last time we had it in, the weather cooled off and the failure could not be duplicated. It is going in for service on 7/18. The temperature is forecast to be in the mid 90s, so that should help.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow and am looking forward to hearing any updates.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • hi, i have same problem in my car . you find a solution for this problem?
    Please let me know, i buy car for my daughter and have same problem
  • Sorry to hear that you have the same issues, carlos42! Hopefully msikor01 will update us on what her dealership found. Were you planning on getting this looked into or not yet?
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • For a while I've noticed a puddle under my car, I always assumed it was the a/c no big deal. Recently it has started to get colder and I've started using my heat, everytime I turn it on for the first time like overnight, it stinks. Smells kinda like vinegar. Now when I turn the heat on it smells like its burning and I'm hearing a terrible squeak from the front passenger side of the car. Any answers?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    Hi jessicajane,

We are sorry if you are experiencing a weird smell in your vehicle. I see that you are seeking answers here on the forum for this concern. If you decide to visit a dealership for this issue please let us know, as we'd like to stay involved if a repair is needed. Please keep us posted on the status of your vehicle.

Thanks

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • beachinit46beachinit46 Posts: 2

i found this forum while doing a search for the same issue, horrible horrible smell when the a/c or heat comes on and for a few minnutes when you turn it off. also noticing a moisture issue, the windows always fog, so has anyone ever found a solution to this? my car also is an 08 G6. seems like this problem goes all the way back to 08

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,186

@beachinit46 said: i found this forum while doing a search for the same issue, horrible horrible smell when the a/c or heat comes on and for a few minnutes when you turn it off. also noticing a moisture issue, the windows always fog, so has anyone ever found a solution to this? my car also is an 08 G6. seems like this problem goes all the way back to 08

First thing I always suggest is to check cabin filter if so equipped. Many times 'stuff' growing (or decaying) on it can be source of smell. you may also find it wet, not good

• beachinit46beachinit46 Posts: 2

most of the things i have managed to find on this all say the 08 G6 doesnt have a cabin air filter

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,713

@beachinit46 said: i found this forum while doing a search for the same issue, horrible horrible smell when the a/c or heat comes on and for a few minnutes when you turn it off. also noticing a moisture issue, the windows always fog, so has anyone ever found a solution to this? my car also is an 08 G6. seems like this problem goes all the way back to 08

The moisture issue could be because the compressor is running and your are in an area warm enough to condense some moisture out of the air. After sitting that will cause fogging on the windows for a while after the car is restarted especially if it's below 50 and the AC compressor is not coming back on.

But is the smell like rank produce left in the produce drawer too long in the refrigerator? Or is it the smell of coolant seeping from the heater core. To check, I'm going to ask you to smell the coolant in your car. If it has a pressure cap on the reservoir wait until the car has been off half an hour or so and slowly and carefully remove the cap and take a sniff of that coolant. If it's a nonpressurized reservoir with no warning label about pressure, just take the cap off.

Is that the smell you're getting inside the car? A seep in the heater core will also give lots of moisture that wants to coat the windshield as the air blows over the warm, damp heater core. Usually people complain because the moisture on the windshield gets enough coolant vaporized to it that it smears when trying to wipe it off.

This message has been approved.

2»