Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge Accelerator Surge?

2»

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,699
    I like it Gary, although I don't drive it very often. It is a little cramped for legroom but I might consider the ST version shortly. The sportiness and better fuel economy is tempting. I'm only getting 18 or less in my V6 Fusion. Then again I'd really like a F150. I guess I'm not the typical shopper!
  • kutehartkutehart Posts: 11
    My dad and I both have '08 Edges. He put his car in for service yesterday for the very issue Babbs3 explained, engine banging into gear. It was a bad OSS sensor, according to dealer. I found this info about the part on another forum, if it helps:

P0720
    Insufficient input from Output Shaft Speed sensor

Detailed Description
    The output shaft speed sensor inputs a signal to the PCM, based on the speed of the output shaft of the transmission. The PCM compares this signal with the signal of the VSS or TCSS and determines correct tire size and axle gear ratio.

Possible causes :-
    OSS sensor circuit short to GND.
    OSS sensor circuit short to PWR.
    OSS sensor circuit open.
    Damaged OSS sensor.
    Damaged PCM.

Diagnostic Aids
    Verify sensor signal output varies with vehicle speed.

Output Shaft Speed (OSS) Sensor
    The output shaft speed (OSS) sensor is a magnetic pickup that provides transmission output shaft rotation speed information to the powertrain control module.

The output shaft speed (OSS) sensor is mounted externally on the top of the transmission case. The PCM uses the output shaft speed (OSS) sensor signal to help determine electronic pressure control (EPC) pressure, shift scheduling and torque converter clutch (TCC) operation.
2»