Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• PaulBDPaulBD Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

This is Paul a newbie to this forum. I live in the Bay Area. My lease on a 2007 Z4 will be up in a couple months, and I'll be looking forward to leasing a 1 series coupe, premium, sport, blue-tooth, stick shift, minimum down payment, 10K miles a year, 24 months. Anyone has an idea what would be approximate monthly payment? Thanks in advance for chiming in.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
  • Welcome PaulBD. I would be happy to use BMW's actual lease program to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. However, in order to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price first. You can look up the MSRP and invoice price (which would suffice) over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know what these figures are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • bethygbethyg Posts: 2
    Hey there -

Is the above what you paid for the 135 or ? My car lease is up next month and am looking at either getting another Audi or leasing a 128 or 135 convertible. I would love to know what people are paying for their leases. I am in Los Angeles also.

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the response. From both Edmund's New Car Pricing, such a 2009 car with the options I like (manual, black sapphire metallic, sport, premium, heated front seats and steering, bluetooth, destination charge) is quotaed at $42,875 (MSRP) and $39,445 (invoice).
  • No problem, PaulBD. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 BMW 135i Coupe that has an MSRP of $42,875 and a selling price of $39,945 ($500 over invoice...it may be a tad optimistic, but why not aim high) through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $644.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a lot Car_man. May I practically hope that in 2 or 3 months the MSRP and invoice numbers would be lower still?
  • mjopprumjoppru Posts: 14
    Orange County Register - (CA) - Irvine BMW was advertising a $399 +TTL lease on a loaded 135 Convertible (prem, sport, auto, etc) for 36 mo, 10K mi with about $3500 down.

Anybody seeing this too?

Sweetheart deal I think on a $50K rig.
  • You're very welcome, PaulBD. Generally speaking, vehicles' MSRPs and dealer invoice prices go up as time passes, not down. I heard that BMW raised its prices slightly on a number of models on January 1st, but I don't know off of the top of my head if the 1-Series was one of them.

Having said this, vehicles' actual selling prices usually trend downward as the model year progresses.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am currently in the throws of negotiating a lease with local BMW dealer.
    Its a 2008 135i convertible. Pretty much loaded. Dealer says lease rates are much better on the 2008's. They have located the car I wanted (options, colors, etc.) at another dealership.

What they are offering:

MSRP $50,950 - I confirmed this on Edmunds.com

Negotiated Price $47,800
    Cost to ship to my local dealer is included in neg. price. (i think they said $500.00)

Money Factor .0007
    36-month, 10,000 mile (3rd car wont be driven great amount)
    Residual 59%

Out of pocket at signing... $1,643.00. First month. + doc fees+security deposit + misc. Security deposti of $700.00 seems high?

They are charging me $925 acq fee from BMFS!!!??? Is this legit. Can I get them to waive or further drop the negotiated price. Didn't look like there were many customers around last week.

Is this a good deal. Seem like it if I compare to MF/residual guidelines and other deals I am seeing.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
  • The buy rate on the lease is .0005 and the Acq. Fee is $725, so the dealer is marking both of these rates up to the maximum allowed by BMWFS, This is negotiatble. I would insist on them using the .0005 rate.
  • I am thinking of leasing a BMW i128 convertible.

the dealer's price with options is $38,900.
    The Edmunds skinny is :
    - $35,050 Invoice,
    - $37,286 TMV
    I would like to get the payment to $520/mo or less. I have great credit.

I live in Memphis, Tennessee. The dealer here has no competitors.
    1) is this monthly payment possible?
    2) if possible, what do I need to challenge them on? (right now they are quoting $575/mo) - price, money factor, all above?

Is a longer term lease the option?
    if they won't negotiate, and if you think this payment (or a lower one) is possible what should I do as a next step? Look in neighboring states?

What about the BMW select finance option (low payment but balloon at the end)?

Cheers :confuse:
  • A recent update to my message:

I can't get their numbers to work.

MSRP - $38,000
    Selling Price - $35,720 (the 6% they claim that is all they can remove out of the price)
    Money factor - "295". Waiting for them to clarify if this is .00295 or 2.95%
    Residual - 40%
    lease term 60 months

The price they state is $646 per month. When I run this in lease calculators I get a sub-$500 number. I'm sure there are bank fees, etc they aren't telling me about and I am looking for some insight as to what they are liable to come back with.

Also, how is it they can't 'get below $646' but Volvo can offer a C70 for the same term length, $42000 MSRP, $36000 Selling Price for $525?

I like both cars but the BMW is a little more sporty and may suit me a little more.

What am I missing? What do I need to ask them? Are the numbers above correct? Where can I challenge them to drive more out of the price?

One final note, when I built this car at bmw usa online, they have an option BMW Select that returns a payment of $496. But the dealer says over $700. Seems a bit like false advertising.

As mentioned above I'm in Memphis (tax is 9.25%). Should I look outside the city? State?

Can someone please help?
  • hey did you lease a 1 series yet?
  • I didn't lease the i128 but I did get the car through the BMW Select program using BMW FS.

The banks for BMW and Volvo made leasing really unattractive. Low residuals and lots of up front fees drove the price up and dealers can only take so much out.

The BMW Select program gives a payment like a lease, but at the end you have to either pay the balloon (residual) or finance the balloon so it's a gamble if the car is not good at retaining value, but leases are too. At least in this option, you are buying the car and the rates were much better. Plus they are paying the first two months. And it came with 4 years maintenance.

I was able to build my own car online at bmwusa.com and get to different price points which returned the payment. It made a big difference because the dealers had no choice but to get there. Apparently the online site doesn't put in a lot of dealer markup so it gives you some leverage.

In the end they make money I got the car at the price I was willing to pay. Econ at work.
  • agniagni Posts: 3
    what is the current residual, money factor for 36months/10k miles? location is NJ.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,897
    .00260 and 60%*

*Numbers curtesy of Leasecompare via bimmerfest.com

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

Thanks. MF becomes a bit less for returning BMW customers right? is it less than .00260 or the same for everyone?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,897
    I'm not really sure. Seems to be some confusion around that subject as we speak. I believe the rates posted are for returning leasees, which are available to everyone as long as non-returning leasees pay a security deposit.

If you are a returning leasee, I believe there may be some loyalty cash available.
    You can try reading this

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• well the lease rates for 135i conv/coupe are around 260-280 which is pretty high.

they have strong residuals (50% +) on 36 month standard leases and i've been checking on a forum and the last 4 months have seen high 260-280 lease rates on this car...

all in all even with nothing out of pocket except bank, sec, first, and taxes rolled into payment you are taling 650+ on a loaded 135 convertible which is crazy for a sub 50k car car.

any info on 3rd party MF for this car??? if the money factor was more appealing it would be worth it. i'd rather wait till either the MF comes down or another car piques my interest since money is very cheap now and 6.5% interest rate on a lease is highway robbery in my book. this is by no means an "exotic" car or something special like an s5 or r8 that dictates such a high money factor.
    128 coupe, auto, heated front, IPOD
    MSRP 32450
    selling 30450
    $437/month inlcuding tax for 10K 36 months
    zero down
    is this a good deal?