Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello,
    What is the current residual, money factor for 36months/10k miles? location is CA
    for:

128i Coupe

135i Coupe

Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,889
    see the link in post 40

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Jason, here's the answer to the 1-Series question that you posted over in the 3-Series discussion.

BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 128i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00225 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You are out of your mind if you think the 135i is too ugly or too rough. It is one of the best looking convertibles out there! As far as comparing it to the 335i, they are apples and oranges. If you need more passenger space, get the 335. If you just need a rush and have no need for space, get the 135. In fact, with the top down, the 135i has an edge in usable trunk space.

I drove both and although both are beautiful, I chose the 135i because it was faster, better handling, nine inches shorter and better looking, IMO.

The reason it may not be selling as well in certain areas, is because it definitely is a luxury item. In this economy, many people are looking to be practical and cannot or will not consider a fun, weekend car.

By the way, I have met some sleazebag salesmen. However, many of the sales people I've dealt with are actually quite decent and helpful. You need to do your research and be knowledgeable about the vehicle you are intending to buy. Don't expect the salesperson to feed you unbiased information. After all, they need to make a living, too.
  • cc12359cc12359 Posts: 31
    Can anyone tell me the buy rate to lease 135i convertible this month?
    Any incentives from BMW to the dealer?
    I was quoted:
    MSRP: 50778
    Cap: unknown
    MF: .0025
    drive off 3800
    36 months 30,000 miles total
    608+ tax
    sounds pretty high to me.
    Please help
    Hi cc12359. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 135i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00250 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • caren1caren1 Posts: 7
    Car_Man (or any helpful opinions)

I am getting ready to lease a 2009 128 convertible. I am aware of the $750 cash incentive for the lease. Are there any other incentives I should be looking for? Is invoice an appropriate price at the current time? I have not seen many postings about this car, so any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Hi caren1. BMW's June incentives for the 2009 128i Convertible are fairly similar to what they were in June. The $750 is still there and its money factors / residual values are exactly the same.

As far as how much you should pay for this car goes, I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for it right now. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the "BMW 1-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • klynch06klynch06 Posts: 11
    Hi,

I just left a BWW dealership in Boston. I was trying to lease a 128i convertible with automatic, heated seats and iPod. MSRP $37,025, Sale price, $34,750 they wanted $3,880 down (cap cost reduction) plus all fees, (PDI, Training, MACO) and taxes, he said my cost would be $330 a month plus taxes with 10k miles a year. I know you guys say never to pay cap costs and I really wanted 15k miles a year. He would not give me residual. or MF so I just left. Can you tell me what I should be paying a month without the capital cost reduction? I have also read on here there where security deposits I can pay to lower the monthly payment instead of a capital cost reduction, do you recommend that?

Thanks so much,
    Keith
  • After reviewing some information, I left a BMW dealership with some numbers that I wanted to run by someone to see if it sounded right. Below is the information.

MSRP 34475 (128i metallic paint and premium pkg only)
    purchase price 33440
    aquisition fee 925
    Residual 59% at 36 months for 12K yr
    money factor .00255
    Lease Rebate Cash 750
    Trade in value(paid for) 4500
    NC tax 3%

And the dealer quoted me 410.xx a month, using only the 4500 down with the first payment included in that, no other out of pocket. Does that sound right? Any input greated appreciated!
  • tristingtristing Posts: 1
    assume your 33440 is before all those listed below (acq, rebate, tax), then the 410 monthly pmt is about right.. I did a quick cal, and got 400.xx
    Hi Keith. I would be happy to use BMW's new lease program to calculate a sample lease payment on this car for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 BMW 128i Convertible that has an MSRP $37,025 and a selling price of $34,750 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $486.

If you have extra money laying around, using it to make multiple security deposits is a better way to reduce your car's monthly payment than making a capitalized cost reduction. BMW FS allows consumers to make up to seven additional deposits on leases, with each one reducing the money factor that is used to calculate their monthly payment by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the response, can you tell me the MF and residual's for July on a 128i convertible and if they are still offering any incentives. There was a $750 lease incentive for June I am not sure if is still available.

Thanks!
    Keith
    Hi,

Based on a 3yr 45K miles lease again, Thanks! :)
    You're welcome Keith. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 128i Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 59%, respectively. The $750 cash incentive that you mentioned is still available on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi CarMan,
    What is the October MF and Residual for 2009 BMW 128i Coupe, 36 months, 10K per year?
    I am in New Jersey and looking to lease the car.

Thank you,
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, luxcil66. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • pj94zpj94z Posts: 3
    is this a good deal?

'09 135i Coupe+ sport +prem pkg (car has 135 miles, new but...i guess demo miles?)
    $0 cap cost reduction
    $0 sec deposit
    $500 due at signing
    12,000 mi/year

$626/mo. including taxes. Using 0 money down option.

MSRP: 45,000 They sell to me for: 41,000

This 2009 BMW 135i Coupe is Black Sapphire Metallic w/ Savanna Beige Boston Leather, LIght Burl Walnut Trim, and a Black Soft Top. Options include the Steptronic Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Sport Package, Heated Front Seats, Satellite Radio, and iPod & USB Adapter!
  • and a Black Soft Top

Is it a coupe or a convertible?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs