Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    term and mileage allowance?

Does it include tax? (if so, how much of the payment is tax?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• skobolaskobola Member Posts: 207
    10k miles/year, payment is w/o tax. I know that it is not the best deal, but I was very picky with colors, and there were no space greys around w/ Bluetooth available, therefore I went for it.
    Doesn't seem like a bad deal... The 1-series convertible has a strong lease program, so that is going to give you a reasonable payment, as long as you don't get taken..

I really like the 1-series... it was in strong consideration as my next car, when I was shopping a year ago...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Well, as I said, I really did not have much choice, provided that space greys were pretty rare. Therefore, I had to take the automatic, premium package, heated seats, grey wood, all of which I did not actually need, which certainly did increase the price and therefore the payment. However, provided that the new 2012 was about $80 more per month and did not have any of the above mentioned additions, I went for this one. It seems that it is good to lease a Bimmer in California, as they appear to be discounting them much more than here on the East Coast.
  • onefor1onefor1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I am looking at a new 2011 135i coupe lease. It's slim pickings here in Washington. The dealer is quoting $4000 due at signing. $550 a month w/tax, over 36 months with 15,000 miles per. It's equipped with M pack, premium pack, heated seats, satellite radio, 7 speed auto. I have been looking online and I have seen much lower priced deals. Especily given the advertised lease deal through BMW's site. This is not even in the same ballpark. I don't have the money factor or lease end purchase price, but the price of the car is approx. $42,000 on the lease. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • sigi1sigi1 Member Posts: 3
    I think in Germany you can get those cars quite cheap and don't have to save that much money. I can play online games instead of working cause I will buy my BMW in Bayern.
  • qa888qa888 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a lease for 135 coupe msrp 42,095. Selling 36500. Is this a good deal.
    They said the offer is below invoice...like 1500 hundreds. please advise. 12k mile, drive off 1750 and I can put max 7 security dept if I want to buy down rate...
  • socalh2oskiersocalh2oskier Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2011
    On last day of April I leased a 128i convertible. MSRP is $41340. Negotiated price down to just over $38k--approximately $750 under invoice plus stupid BMW advertising fees.

Put $2900 down plus registration and lease fees. Lease payment w/o tax is $364 per month for 36 month lease with 10k miles per year. Residual is 59%. Money factor was .00120.

Was seriously looking at VW GTI, but rear-wheel drive, plus high residual for BMW made it more attractive. The lease payment on the 128 convertible was actually almost $100 per month less than a fully loaded GTI, even though the GTI has an MSRP of only $31k ($10k less than the 128).
    Got to www.bmwusa.com. It will list all the dealers in your state, with website for each. Then you click on each website individually and you can see what each dealer has in stock. This is how I found my car--very tedious, but much better than relying on a salesman who is supposedly "searching" for you. I had two different salespeople at different dealerships who were supposedly looking for a car with the color combo/options I wanted, and neither found the car I ultimately purchased. I found it at a dealer less than 30 miles from me by spending several hours going through each dealer's inventory. Depending on what state you live in, this might not take long at all--I am in California, so there are a lot of dealers.
    Socalh2oskier, I did it through cars.com, which actually lets you choose colors, and which was important to me as I wanted Space Grey with terracotta. Of course, there were none such cars, and therefore I have chosen one with gray leather instead. Luckily, I also got heated seats, and for about $455 per month.
  • tagstertagster Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hello Carman,

Do you know 2011 July's 128 coupe & convertible's residual value and money factor?
    I'm thinking of 36months / 12k a year-

Thanks in advance-
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited July 2011
    Hello tagster. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 128i Convertible are .00195 and 51%.

These cars' money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The lease program for the 2012 1s is better than this right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tagstertagster Member Posts: 2
    Hello Carman,

Thanks for the numbers.
    If you don't mind, can you tell me the lease program for the 2012 models as well?
    Are you talking about 1-series coupe $2500 down / 10,000 miles / monthly $379 ?
    What would be the money factor and residual for this program?

Thank you very much! :):)
    OOPS...typo--selling price on my 128i convertible was just UNDER $38k, not over. MSRP was $41,340. Selling price was $37,874.
  • fer1fer1 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Carman,

I can not match the numbers BMW posts in the lease offer for July for the 135i coupe; they have:

MSRP $42,725 (Premium Package & Double Cluth Transmission & $875 Dest. & Hand.)
    Purchase option $25,635 (60%)
    $2500 down / 10,000 miles / monthly $439 ?

I can not get the $439/month using 60% residual (same as them) and 0.0012 money factor (0.0009 for loyal customers doesn't work either).

Do you know if there is any cash incentive or price reduction?

Thanks in advance.
    Well.. .yeah... the ads don't tell you the dealer discount from MSRP...

In most BMW ads, it's about $1000 off ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

You're welcome tagster. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This factor drops to .00130 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • crazyjojoecrazyjojoe Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I got a quote for 135i MT Coupe with Nav. and Premium pkg.
    MSRP: $44,375.00 (included D&H $875)
    Selling Price: $42,030.00
    Term: 36 Months
    Mileage: 12,000/year
    Money Factor: 1.26
    Residual Factor: 64%
    Monthly Payment: $467.35
    Tax (8.75%): $40.89
    Monthly Payment + Tax: $508.25

License & Registration: $369.75
    Bank Fee: $725.00
    Documentation Fee: $45.00
    First Payment: $508.25
    Security Deposit: $3,850.00
    Drive Off: $5,565.37

Do you think it is a good deal? Or it can go lower?

Thank you very much.
    Hi crazyjojoe. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 135i Coupe is .00195. This factor drops by .00030 for loyal customers. I see that you are making additional security deposits. How many MSDs are you making? BMW FS provides a .00007 money factor reduction for each additional deposit. Make sure that the dealer is charging you the lowest possible money factor on your deal.

As far as the selling [rice goes, this car probably has a spread of around $3,500, give or take, between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts you at a little over $1,000 over dealer invoice...which isn't bad. There's some room to play with there if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and feel like shopping around, but again this deal isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • crazyjojoecrazyjojoe Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car man,

I am making 7 MSDs total. And this will(may) be my first BMW.

Thanks for you advise.

Joe
  • texas_tonytexas_tony Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man -

Been lurking on the board for a while - thanks for your help educating us!

I'm in the market for 2012 128i. Can you let me know the money factor? Here is Houston couple dealers are already telling me .00235 while seeing .0016 in your posts and Bimmerfest.com. I'm currently leasing my 328i and think I should qualify for best rate.

Thanks!

Tony
    You're welcome Tony. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 15,000 mies per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • grey1seriesgrey1series Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

You input to this forum has been very helpful.

I am interested in leasing a 135i coupe for 30 months. Do you have the residual for a 30 month lease with 15,000 miles a year?

Thank you!

Mark
  • propkaptpropkapt Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Im looking for the residual and money factor for a 15,000 mile lease on a BMW 135i.

Thanks for your help

Oleg
    Hi Mark. You certainly have an appropriate username. I'd be happy to help you out.

BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2012 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Oleg. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As I mentioned in the previous post, this car's factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • paraisoparaiso Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,
    Although I prefer to buy, I'm curious about how much lower the monthly outlay might be if I lease. I live in Los Angeles and interested in a 08 128i convertible. Does BMW Financial do leases on 08's and if so what is the average money factor and residual %? Also is a longer term than 36 month being offered?
    Thanks much.
    Hi paraiso. Theoretically one could lease a CPO Audi. The problem with used vehicle leases is that the lack of support that is usually available on them often makes them not that great a deal when compared to a lease of a similar new vehicle that does have support. Due to their lack of popularity, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' used vehicle lease programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • x3guyx3guy Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I'd like to know the October numbers (MF and Residual) for 2011 and 2012 128i coupes. 36 Months, 10,000 Miles/year.

I'm planning on the maximum 7 security deposits and I'm a loyal customer. Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for x3guy. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00195 and 52%.

These cars' money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers. Each additional security deposit lowers their money factors by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
  • paraisoparaiso Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

What are the best interest rates available for a new BMW customer, 60 month term, great credit rating for the Select Program for the purchase of either a 2011 or 2012 128i convertible?

Thanks a bunch!
  • napagalnapagal Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of buying the '12 128I. When I am going to bmw with a prius lease, Using Edumnds' Lease calculator form I'm not clear how the trade in is dealt with. Do I factor in the $17,000 payoff as the "Value of my Trade in?" If I factor it in, I get an unrealistically low payment, and if I don't it's unrealistically high. Must admit I'm confused.
    You have a $17,000 payoff... what you don't know is what the BMW dealer will give you in trade for the vehicle.... If it's more than $17K, that's what you factor into the lease calculator as trade in (the difference)..

If it's less than $17K, you'll have to add that to the capitalized cost..

Also, you'll need to know the selling price of the new car. If you are using MSRP for the selling price, then you'll have a very high payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi paraiso. Unfortunately due to its lack of popularity I don't follow the BMW Select program, just its lease and conventional finance programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
  • dan135idan135i Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car man,
    Could you please tell me Novembers lease rates on a 135i coupe, 36 months with 15k miles? How does the $500 credit work? I ordered my car back in September, it's due for delivery on the 29th, will I be able to take advantage of better rates and the credit? I haven't gone in for the final paperwork yet. Thanks.

Dan
    I'd be happy to help you out Dan. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

BMW is providing dealers with a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your vehicle's selling price.

You should be able to take advantage of the current programs that are available on this car, assuming that you take delivery of it this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • kengunnleekengunnlee Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car Man,

Is it possible to get the current lease rates on a 135i coupe for 36 months, at 15k miles a year? I live in Southern California (90014). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Ken
    Here you go Ken. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    IIRC, 12k lease would be 63% residual and 10k 64%?
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Car Man,

Looking to lease a 2012 BMW 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year for 36-months. Could you please provide me with a residual and base MF on the vehicle? Any advantages to leasing for 36 months or 48 months? (I would go for whichever term is more advantageous)

Also, is the money factor .00030 lower for loyal customers? I have a household member who owns a BMW, so I'm not sure if that can be passed onto me. I own (and am trading in a Mini Cooper) that is leased with BMW Financial, so since they are the same company, would the loyalty offer work for me as well?

Any other incentives on the vehicle?
    BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is currently only providing lease support on models for up to 42-months, so you probably don't want to lease one of its models for any longer than that.

I don't believe that BMW is providing the money factor reduction for loyal customers any longer.

There was a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car last month, but BMW did away with that cash for April.

Car_man
    Host
  • crispmcrispm Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 128i convertible before the end of May.

Can please you tell me what the money factor, residual, etc. are for a 36mo. / 36K miles are (top tier credit score).
    And any loan rates as well?
    And whether there's other incentives ($500 dealer cash?) in Northern California.

Also, would these apply to a factory order placed before end of May?

Thanks!
    =crispm
    Here you go crispm. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 128i Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

You are correct about the cash, BMW is currently providing $500 on this car.

I believe that BMW allows consumers who want to order their vehicle to lock in the current available program to use when their car arrives if they want to.

As far as the rates for a conventional loan go, BMW is offering 3.9% for up to 36 months or 4.5% for 37 to 72 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • davefrickdavefrick Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    BMW literature claims the 135i goes from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds with manual and 5.0 with DCT auto transmission. Edmunds Review says 5.1 for manual and 6.2 for DCT. Such a large difference! Which is correct? I thought modern autos always outperformed manuals these days?
  • carbonwcarbonw Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I'm interested in possibly leasing a 2012 128i or 135i for 36 months with 15k miles/year. Can you provide July's residual and base MF for both vehicles?

Jon
    edited July 2012
    Greetings Jon. Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been away on vacation.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 135i Coupe are .00145 and 56%.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdridersdrider Member Posts: 8
    BMW is already taking orders on the 2013 1 Series.

Does anyone have any information on the residual value for a 2013 128i and the lease money factor for August?
    I certainly do sdrider. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You the man, Car-man!
    For a 10k per year lease, is the residual 59%?