Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• What do you guys think of this lease deal?

2011 BMW 128i, 6 speed automatic, moonroof, bluetooth, and iPod connector.

36 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $2200 down (includes first month, registration, taxes) and $420 per month?

MSRP is around $34k, they dropped it to $32k plus and additional $1500 holiday credit.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,586
    Your deal could be better, such as the cap. price.. They have good dealer incentives as the car has been slow moving.
  • Thanks carnaught!

So, how should I push back on this? The acquisition fee seems bloated ($925), and there is a "rent charge" of $4,478. Is that negotiable? What would be a more reasonable down payment and monthly fee on this?

Here are some more specifics:

Gross cap cost: 33,725.00
    Residual: 21,856.00

Thanks!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,586
    edited November 2010
    Check out on Edmunds the dealer invoice on the (itemized) car you'd be negotiating as well as their section on dealer incentives being offered: click here Then make your offer from there.

Better yet, on this board or other Carspace lease forum, address your specific lease questions in the subject line to "Car_man" who is the lease guru. It may take him several days to respond to your post but he'll guide you to the best lease deal better than most of us will.
  • Can anyone disclose what the residual value and current lease factor for a BMW 1 Series on a 36 month 12K Per Year Lease?
  • Hi anijhaw. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • car_man- i love this forum and your help! i'm looking at a 2011 128i convertible, please comment on this deal:

MSRP: 39950 (incl destination)
    CAP cost 35, 200 (incl 1500 BMW cash)
    residual 64%
    MF .00210
    36 months
    10k/year
    acq/first month up front (no extra cap reduction/cash)
    payment 405 plus tax/ month

Do the MF and residual numbers look like they are aggressive? i'm top tier credit too.

thanks!!!
  • Thanks mcvolvo. I'm glad that you like the forums so much. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 128i Convertible is actually .00190 for returning customers or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer uses that factor to calculate your car's payment.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. Including the $1,500 cash incentive, this car probably has a spread of around $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That's right around the discount that you were quoted, so this is a very good selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man:

Thanks for all of your great advice!

I would like your opinion on a 2011 BMW 128i coupe with an MSRP of $32,700 I am thinking of leasing.

I have been offered a MF of .00125 and a residual rate of 56% for a 36-month lease with 15,000 miles per year. We've agreed on a purchase price of $30,800, resulting in monthly payments of $455 including taxes and $0 down, $0 first month's payment (the $1,500 holiday rebate is applied to the up-front costs).

What do you think of this deal?

Thanks!!
  • Hi runofkings. The lease program that you mentioned in your post is right in line with BMW's current program for this model.

The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,900 dealer discount that you were quoted is probably around $600 over invoice, which isn't bad...especially after considering the fact that the dealer is not trying to mark your car's money factor up on you like BMW dealers often do.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdc99mdc99 Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Car_Man if I could get your help please. Trying to negotiate a lease on 128i convertible. I see in post #134 above that the residual for 36 mo. 10k year is listed as 64% and I see where top tier MF for returning cust. is .00190. Are these still the correct numbers? Thanks for your help.
  • Hello mdc99. BMW's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is running a special this month that drops this factor to .00090 for returning customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    Is the owner loyalty reduction of money factor (MF) of 0.0003 still in effect, provided that the lease MFs and residuals have not changed since January 2011?
  • Hi Car_man, do you happen to have the numbers for a 3 year, 15000mile/yr lease on a 128i coupe?
    Thanks!
  • Yes, skobola, the owner loyalty money factor reduction is indeed still available in February.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi avocatdiaboli. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor for loyal BMW customers drops to .00105.

Car_man
    Host
  • Help! Would a low 600 credit score qualify me for a loan through BMW? What kind of rates would I be looking at for a 135i?
  • lamusiclamusic Posts: 19
    Car_Man,

What is the March residual value and MF for a 128 convertible, 10k miles per year, 36 & 24 mo. leases ?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi evolved_ex. Yes, you probably would be able to lease a BMW through BMW FS with a credit score in the low 600s, but you probably would not qualify for its top credit tier. BMW likely would bump up your rates by some amount.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lamusic. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 128i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 59%.

BMW is reducing its factors by .00030 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • blakersblakers Posts: 1
    Car_Man-

If I put down the maximum security deposit for a 128 coupe or 135 coupe, what's the new MF I'll be looking at?

I don't believe the rest matters, but it's 12k/year 36 months.

Also, I live in NY and from what I understand, you can't do maximum security deposits here. If I lease the car in NJ or PA, will I be good?
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to see all the available 128i Convertibles that are in the stock? Edmunds limits the review of cars in dealers' stocks in surrounding zips. However, I do not care from where the car would come but do care that the car is exactly as I want it. Please, let me know. Thanks.
    You're very welcome evolved_ex.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2011
    Hi blakers. BMW Financial Services' normal buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Coupe is .00135. The buy rate for the 135i Coupe is .00120.

Lower this factor by .00030 for loyal customers.

I believe that you can lower it by .00007 for every additional security deposit that you make, up to a maximum of seven. That's what the MSD program was like the last time that I checked. I'm not sure if the MSD restriction applies to the state that the vehicle is leased in or your place of residence, but I suspect that it is the latter. If that is the case, then you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man

Can we get info on the April program please? For the 128 convertible, 10k miles/year what is the best lease deal right now? Can I please have the residual and MF for 24 months, 36 months and if they have a 27 mo. or 39 mo. deal that too please?

Are their any incentives or dealer cash?

Thank you so much for your help - Im going to make a decision this week and the info you provide makes it easy and makes me confidant that I'm making a good deal. I really appreciate it!!!
    Hi lamusic. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 128i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 59%.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

I don't believe that BMW is running 27 or 39 month leases on this car right now.

BMW is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man - thanks for your help.

I negotiated a fair selling price but when I go to negotiate the lease terms the dealer is adding on a "bank fee" of $725. What is this? Is it non-negotiable like a destination fee or is it a silly dealer trick?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,492
    "Bank fee" is another name for acquisition fee... $725 is the base fee for BMWFS. The bank (BMWFS) allows dealers to markup this fee by an extra $200 for extra profit, if they wish...

Just about every bank charges an acquisition fee on a lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

If you do not mind, please let me know what kind of deal did you get. I have recently leased a 128i Convertible with MSRP of $40,400 for $454 + $1100 out of pocket. I do not see this is an especially good deal, but provided that the new 2012 128i will be much more expensive to lease, I went with it, although I did not have time to actually negotiate a better deal. Any comments, anyone?