Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Carman,

What are the best interest rates available for a new BMW customer, 60 month term, great credit rating for the Select Program for the purchase of either a 2011 or 2012 128i convertible?

Thanks a bunch!
  • I'm thinking of buying the '12 128I. When I am going to bmw with a prius lease, Using Edumnds' Lease calculator form I'm not clear how the trade in is dealt with. Do I factor in the $17,000 payoff as the "Value of my Trade in?" If I factor it in, I get an unrealistically low payment, and if I don't it's unrealistically high. Must admit I'm confused.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    You have a $17,000 payoff... what you don't know is what the BMW dealer will give you in trade for the vehicle.... If it's more than $17K, that's what you factor into the lease calculator as trade in (the difference)..

If it's less than $17K, you'll have to add that to the capitalized cost..

Also, you'll need to know the selling price of the new car. If you are using MSRP for the selling price, then you'll have a very high payment.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi paraiso. Unfortunately due to its lack of popularity I don't follow the BMW Select program, just its lease and conventional finance programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Car man,
    Could you please tell me Novembers lease rates on a 135i coupe, 36 months with 15k miles? How does the $500 credit work? I ordered my car back in September, it's due for delivery on the 29th, will I be able to take advantage of better rates and the credit? I haven't gone in for the final paperwork yet. Thanks.

Dan
  • I'd be happy to help you out Dan. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

BMW is providing dealers with a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your vehicle's selling price.

You should be able to take advantage of the current programs that are available on this car, assuming that you take delivery of it this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car Man,

Is it possible to get the current lease rates on a 135i coupe for 36 months, at 15k miles a year? I live in Southern California (90014). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Ken
  • Here you go Ken. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 135i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    IIRC, 12k lease would be 63% residual and 10k 64%?
  • Car Man,

Looking to lease a 2012 BMW 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year for 36-months. Could you please provide me with a residual and base MF on the vehicle? Any advantages to leasing for 36 months or 48 months? (I would go for whichever term is more advantageous)

Also, is the money factor .00030 lower for loyal customers? I have a household member who owns a BMW, so I'm not sure if that can be passed onto me. I own (and am trading in a Mini Cooper) that is leased with BMW Financial, so since they are the same company, would the loyalty offer work for me as well?

Any other incentives on the vehicle?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is currently only providing lease support on models for up to 42-months, so you probably don't want to lease one of its models for any longer than that.

I don't believe that BMW is providing the money factor reduction for loyal customers any longer.

There was a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car last month, but BMW did away with that cash for April.

Car_man
    Host
  • crispmcrispm Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 128i convertible before the end of May.

Can please you tell me what the money factor, residual, etc. are for a 36mo. / 36K miles are (top tier credit score).
    And any loan rates as well?
    And whether there's other incentives ($500 dealer cash?) in Northern California.

Also, would these apply to a factory order placed before end of May?

Thanks!
    =crispm
    Here you go crispm. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 128i Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

You are correct about the cash, BMW is currently providing $500 on this car.

I believe that BMW allows consumers who want to order their vehicle to lock in the current available program to use when their car arrives if they want to.

As far as the rates for a conventional loan go, BMW is offering 3.9% for up to 36 months or 4.5% for 37 to 72 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • davefrickdavefrick Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    BMW literature claims the 135i goes from 0-60 in 5.1 seconds with manual and 5.0 with DCT auto transmission. Edmunds Review says 5.1 for manual and 6.2 for DCT. Such a large difference! Which is correct? I thought modern autos always outperformed manuals these days?
  • carbonwcarbonw Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I'm interested in possibly leasing a 2012 128i or 135i for 36 months with 15k miles/year. Can you provide July's residual and base MF for both vehicles?

Jon
    edited July 2012
    Greetings Jon. Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been away on vacation.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 135i Coupe are .00145 and 56%.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdridersdrider Posts: 8
    BMW is already taking orders on the 2013 1 Series.

Does anyone have any information on the residual value for a 2013 128i and the lease money factor for August?
    I certainly do sdrider. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You the man, Car-man!
    For a 10k per year lease, is the residual 59%?
  • Thanks sdrider.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes, the low mileage adder for 10,000 mile per year leases is 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Perfect. Do you know if there was any change on the residual or money factor for September? This is for the 2013 model year.

Thanks!
  • Sdrider, the September numbers for this car are exactly the same as the August numbers were.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcidejcide Posts: 1
    Any updated MF and residual numbers on the 135?

Thanks
  • Certainly jcide. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 135i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • What are the current lease rates for Feb on a 128i, 10,000 miles/yr for 36 mos?
  • Greetings ironman123. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • herro91herro91 Posts: 10
    Hello Car Man,

Could you provide the MF and residuals for both the 128i and 135i convertibles for a 36 month lease with 10k, 12k, and 15k miles?

Thank you!
    I'd be happy to herro91. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 135i Convertible are...interestingly the same.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host