Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• blakersblakers Posts: 1
    Car_Man-

If I put down the maximum security deposit for a 128 coupe or 135 coupe, what's the new MF I'll be looking at?

I don't believe the rest matters, but it's 12k/year 36 months.

Also, I live in NY and from what I understand, you can't do maximum security deposits here. If I lease the car in NJ or PA, will I be good?
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to see all the available 128i Convertibles that are in the stock? Edmunds limits the review of cars in dealers' stocks in surrounding zips. However, I do not care from where the car would come but do care that the car is exactly as I want it. Please, let me know. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome evolved_ex.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited March 2011
    Hi blakers. BMW Financial Services' normal buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 128i Coupe is .00135. The buy rate for the 135i Coupe is .00120.

Lower this factor by .00030 for loyal customers.

I believe that you can lower it by .00007 for every additional security deposit that you make, up to a maximum of seven. That's what the MSD program was like the last time that I checked. I'm not sure if the MSD restriction applies to the state that the vehicle is leased in or your place of residence, but I suspect that it is the latter. If that is the case, then you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it

Car_man
    Host
  • lamusiclamusic Posts: 19
    Hi Car_Man

Can we get info on the April program please? For the 128 convertible, 10k miles/year what is the best lease deal right now? Can I please have the residual and MF for 24 months, 36 months and if they have a 27 mo. or 39 mo. deal that too please?

Are their any incentives or dealer cash?

Thank you so much for your help - Im going to make a decision this week and the info you provide makes it easy and makes me confidant that I'm making a good deal. I really appreciate it!!!
    Hi lamusic. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 128i Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 59%.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

I don't believe that BMW is running 27 or 39 month leases on this car right now.

BMW is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • lamusiclamusic Posts: 19
    Car_Man - thanks for your help.

I negotiated a fair selling price but when I go to negotiate the lease terms the dealer is adding on a "bank fee" of $725. What is this? Is it non-negotiable like a destination fee or is it a silly dealer trick?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    "Bank fee" is another name for acquisition fee... $725 is the base fee for BMWFS. The bank (BMWFS) allows dealers to markup this fee by an extra $200 for extra profit, if they wish...

Just about every bank charges an acquisition fee on a lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

If you do not mind, please let me know what kind of deal did you get. I have recently leased a 128i Convertible with MSRP of $40,400 for $454 + $1100 out of pocket. I do not see this is an especially good deal, but provided that the new 2012 128i will be much more expensive to lease, I went with it, although I did not have time to actually negotiate a better deal. Any comments, anyone?
    term and mileage allowance?

Does it include tax? (if so, how much of the payment is tax?)

10k miles/year, payment is w/o tax. I know that it is not the best deal, but I was very picky with colors, and there were no space greys around w/ Bluetooth available, therefore I went for it.
    Doesn't seem like a bad deal... The 1-series convertible has a strong lease program, so that is going to give you a reasonable payment, as long as you don't get taken..

I really like the 1-series... it was in strong consideration as my next car, when I was shopping a year ago...

Well, as I said, I really did not have much choice, provided that space greys were pretty rare. Therefore, I had to take the automatic, premium package, heated seats, grey wood, all of which I did not actually need, which certainly did increase the price and therefore the payment. However, provided that the new 2012 was about $80 more per month and did not have any of the above mentioned additions, I went for this one. It seems that it is good to lease a Bimmer in California, as they appear to be discounting them much more than here on the East Coast.
  • onefor1onefor1 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I am looking at a new 2011 135i coupe lease. It's slim pickings here in Washington. The dealer is quoting $4000 due at signing. $550 a month w/tax, over 36 months with 15,000 miles per. It's equipped with M pack, premium pack, heated seats, satellite radio, 7 speed auto. I have been looking online and I have seen much lower priced deals. Especily given the advertised lease deal through BMW's site. This is not even in the same ballpark. I don't have the money factor or lease end purchase price, but the price of the car is approx. $42,000 on the lease. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • sigi1sigi1 Posts: 3
    I think in Germany you can get those cars quite cheap and don't have to save that much money. I can play online games instead of working cause I will buy my BMW in Bayern.
  • qa888qa888 Posts: 2
    I just got a lease for 135 coupe msrp 42,095. Selling 36500. Is this a good deal.
    They said the offer is below invoice...like 1500 hundreds. please advise. 12k mile, drive off 1750 and I can put max 7 security dept if I want to buy down rate...
  • socalh2oskiersocalh2oskier Posts: 8
    edited May 2011
    On last day of April I leased a 128i convertible. MSRP is $41340. Negotiated price down to just over $38k--approximately $750 under invoice plus stupid BMW advertising fees.

Put $2900 down plus registration and lease fees. Lease payment w/o tax is $364 per month for 36 month lease with 10k miles per year. Residual is 59%. Money factor was .00120.

Was seriously looking at VW GTI, but rear-wheel drive, plus high residual for BMW made it more attractive. The lease payment on the 128 convertible was actually almost $100 per month less than a fully loaded GTI, even though the GTI has an MSRP of only $31k ($10k less than the 128).
  • Got to www.bmwusa.com. It will list all the dealers in your state, with website for each. Then you click on each website individually and you can see what each dealer has in stock. This is how I found my car--very tedious, but much better than relying on a salesman who is supposedly "searching" for you. I had two different salespeople at different dealerships who were supposedly looking for a car with the color combo/options I wanted, and neither found the car I ultimately purchased. I found it at a dealer less than 30 miles from me by spending several hours going through each dealer's inventory. Depending on what state you live in, this might not take long at all--I am in California, so there are a lot of dealers.
    Socalh2oskier, I did it through cars.com, which actually lets you choose colors, and which was important to me as I wanted Space Grey with terracotta. Of course, there were none such cars, and therefore I have chosen one with gray leather instead. Luckily, I also got heated seats, and for about $455 per month.