Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am located in New York. I ordered mine manual, sport, premium stereo, IPOD and Satrad. Final price was 32K excluding TTL. I may have to go back and rework my deal. Did you order or is the vehicle in stock? I ordered 3 weeks ago and I'm told that it may take 6-8 weeks.
  • jetzzsjetzzs Posts: 64
    No, it would not be an order. They didn't have it on the lot but I think they were going to get it from somewhere nearby. According to Edmunds, the options you mention are about an extra $1275. Did you finance with BMW Financial Services? I would get an extra $1000 off for using their financing at 3.9%.
  • What dealership did you go to?
  • What dealership did you purchase from... this is the exact configuration I was looking for.
  • FYI, for those looking

I almost picked up a 2008 Sliver 135i coupe today near Chicago.

The MSRP was $39,400 and the dealer discounted it to $33,000, which is way under invoice. Crazy end of the month deal.

It was not what I was looking for, so I'm going to wait to BMW FS improves their lease incentives on the coupe - hopefully. The interest rate, the MF was 0.0026 = 6.24% while you can lease the convertible around 3%-

If anyone else is interested, Anderson BMW Crystal Lake. I worked with thier internet guy Doug-

All the best-
    John
    Wow, that sounds like a great deal! That is more than 16% off of MSRP! Our quote for a 2009 128i with sports package, heated seats, and manual transmission was 5% below MSRP (including everything but ttl). Price is $29, 948 and in addition with BMW financing (3.9% for 60 months) BMW will make the first two payments. Trade in is slightly less than kbb (I am assuming this is pretty good with the present economy).

My husband is ancy and wants to buy it without getting any other quotes! Unfortunately, I think he will be leaving some money on the table. If anyone else has any recent experience with purchasing a 1 series I would really appreciate hearing it.
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Posts: 11
    How much did you pay?
    Thanks.
    Hi,

We bought in March. There aren't many 128is available so we ended up gettting one on the lot. The only options it has are heated seats and ipod connector. We paid right at invoice, I think about $28,600 before ttl. We also did the BMW financing at 3.9% for 60 months and they make the first two payments. Originally they offered us $7000 for our trade in (2001 330i with premium package). After a couple days, they called and bumped it up to $7,500. Hope this helps, good luck!
    Thank you very much jetzzs for the reply.
    How do you like the 128i so far? Do you think 135i worthy?
    My 128 has been a nice driving car and I'm happy with. It could do with a bit more torque though.

I think the 135i, especially with the sport package, would be more fun (and the M logo is sexy), but it's hard for me to justify an extra $10,000 for the 135i.
    Thanks very much for the reply.

That's exactly what I am thinking.
    Maybe go 328i finally, just about $4000 different, plus 0.9 for 328i.

The sport package is a must have for me whatever 128i or 328i. But it's really not easy to find a car only with S.P., especially 128i.

M logo is sexy, but I don't think it (M Package) worthy $17xx more for 328i, and $13xx (?) more than sport package.
    Do you think so?

A dealer offers invoice for ordering what I want, which takes about 6 weeks, is it a good deal?

I want 128i or 328i only with sport package, manual.
    What else options are better to have?
    Invoice for something you have to order seems like a pretty good deal. If you haven't already, I would check the BMW website to see if there are any incentives. If there are, you may be able to get it for less than invoice (that is what I paid for a 128i on the lot).

The configuration you are thinking about is exactly what I wanted, but because I didn't want to wait for 6 weeks I took one they had on the lot (128i with only heated seats and ipod hookup). I was a little disappointed not to get the sports package.
    Thank you jetzzs.

Yes, exactly same here. They offered one 128i in the lot with heated seats and ipod/USB for $1000 off of the invoice, the deal is great.
    But it's not what I want, so I am going to order one.

I have not found any incentive for a manual 128i, though there probably $1250 (?) for 328i auto, $3000 for 335i, $750 for leasing.
    But the promotions are getting expired, there may be new things coming next month, we'll see.

If someone is paying less than invoice or knows they have this kind of package installed, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks.
  • gasmangasman Posts: 16
    sonic2000,

I'm in the market for a 128i equipped minimally as you mentioned. Where was the deal for $1000 under invoice?

Thanks
    They don't allow the dealer's info showing here, so you can leave your email, then I can send the info to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,634
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rp401krp401k Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2008 135i coupe, at the beginning of May 2009, Chicago area. It was still on the lot, having been delivered September of 2008. I has auto, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, and Ipod adapter. Black Metallic. Dealer asked $37,700, plus ttl and held firm. I could not resist and bought it. Used a credit union to finance at 4.99% for 6 years. Dealer stated incentives existed on 2009 1 series but not 2008. Sticker on car, was I believe $43,200.

Hope this helps,
    Richard
  • Im looking at a 2010 128i, just the basics - auto transmission + ipod. MSRP is 31,190. Invoice is 29,130. Holiday cash of 1500. Dealer is willing to offer at 28k including holiday cash. I believe I can go lower - dont see too many 1 series cars flying off the lot. Want to know if 25.5k is reasonable or not .. Is it too low ?

What is the buying experience of other people in the last few weeks ?

Thx
  • ams_7ams_7 Posts: 9
    Hey guys, anyone in NJ just started leasing or about to start leasing a 128i convertible? if so, what are options do you have, how much did you get the car down to? how much are you paying a month and how much money did you pay upfront? If no one from New Jersey, I m willing to go to NY, Delaware or PA to get a good deal.

Your help and info will be really appreciated.
  • I'm also looking to lease a 128i convertible - but in Dallas. The current advertised special is $369/month 36 months, 10,000 miles/year with about $4,500 drive off for a premium package and automatic.

I was quoted $439/month for 15,000 miles with a $7700 drive off with premium/auto/comfort and ipod. Seems rather high, especially the $7700 drive off.

So I'm still looking :confuse:
  • Hi - I ordered a 2010 128i which just arrived at the prep center in NJ. Are there any options that I can add at this point? The car was for my son who just found out he will have a long deployment thus I will be driving it for a year and thought perhaps I could add something at the 11th hour!
  • mcon22mcon22 Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Just signed the papers to lease a 2011 128 convertible in edison NJ. It is white, with savanah beige leather. It has premium package, sports package, value package. Automatic trans, heated seats, heated steering wheel, navigation system, and harmon kardon stereo system. MSRP was $43,765. I put $3500 total out of pocket at signing, and my payment is $399 a month. The lease terms are 12k/ year and for 36 months. The residual is very high on the 128 convertible when compared to other vehicles which is why the payment is quite low, and my decision factor of which car to get. Ask for the residual sheet (they have one) and you will be amazed at how it differs even between cars of the same model.
  • ams_7ams_7 Posts: 9
    That is a really great deal! I thought I did really good but yours is def. better. I ordered mine, to pick up in August. And I only got the value package, with blue tooth and automatic transmission. Leather sets. I put $2423 down with $423/month 12k miles a year. You got navigation, heated seats, sterring and the stereo plus the sports package and premium package for only $200 more (the difference between what you put down and your monthly payments versus mine). That really is a great deal.
  • jkgreer2jkgreer2 Posts: 42
    Need suggestions on obtaining best out-door purchase discount. Have purchased many other cars, but this BMW stuffy dealer experience appears more difficult to obtain discounts. Have 3 dealers to choose from in 3 hour radius, have Edmunds TMV and Blue Book suggestion for out-door, and have Europe delivery price but don't have time to travel to Germany. Prior methods were: make my 'reasonable' discounted offer to each dealer, then walk out or decline higher priced emails when counter offers high. Other suggestons appreciated on buying. This is first year for 7 sp. Dual Clutch transmission in 135i. Willing to order & wait. Is there another small convertible which is similar (small, safe, fun). Never tried leasing. Thanks.
  • Try carsdirect. I've found pricing to be very good and might work well if you know exactly what you want and don't have too many questions that requires them contacting their dealer reps. I started with them but in the end found a dealer that had a direct approach and good pricing, and they delivered the car to me.

I have a 2010 135i convertible with six speed manual. The 1 series has a niche in the marketplace, especially if you want something small safe and fun that has more than 2 seats.

Check out the leasing section here if you are considering that. I've leased my last 2 BMW's.

Good luck,

Lee
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Will try Cardirect. I have all my questions answered by visits to 3 BMW dealers. Now I need one to work with me on pricing. Will update over next 2 months. I do not expect the process to proceed quickly. New 7 speed dual transmission is really fun to drive, possibly more fun than a Manual!
  • Good luck and we'll look forward to your update. I'll check out the 7 speed dual clutch trans when I turn in my 135i in a couple of years.

Lee
  • Sports Car enthusiasts: Have a 135i Convertible on order, M sport pkg & 7 speed dual clutch transmission. The 7 speed dual clutch is really smooth and a Hoot to drive. If test driving Manuals, try a 7 speead dual clutch with Paddle shifters like in Formula 1 cars (I think). Anyone know about how long for delivery after 'Check My BMW' designates a car as "Scheduled for Delivery"? If in South and shopping for a BMW, try Century BMW, Huntsville, AL 35816. They worked with me right before Oct.01 price increase. If interested, they also have 4-5 335 diesals on order (a very fine vehicle). Now must decide whether to keep Run Flats for 15 k miles or switch out at delivery.
  • Hi there,

I really hope for help. I currently need second car, and was thinking about buying with CarMax (I've been their customer with quite few cars, and though, not perfect, they are decent choice) financing for 60 months, but then new deal for 135i coupe:

2011 128i Coupe Lease Offer
    36-month lease well-equipped at $399*/month. $0 Down payment & includes a Holiday Credit of $1,500
    Vehicle Registered outside N.Y.
    • $399 First months payment
    • $0 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $399 Cash due at signing

I am in Los Angeles. This information is from http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/FinancialServices/LeaseOfferDetail.aspx?e- - - nc=QNzH/2RcovwrhE0mqkpggw== (BMW USA, so I think I can find this deal at local dealers w/o big problems).

Anyhow. I am very confused at what I am looking.
    Let me try to break it down to see if I am right. Please, correct me.

Initial cash due is $399.
    license and registration fees for ~35K car will be around ~$500.
    First payment is $399 + tax (9.25%) = ~$440.
    GAP coverage (have no idea, but as I recall it's between 500-800, so I'll assume the highest one) = ~$800

TOTAL AT SIGN UP: ~$2150

What else? Did I miss something?
    Now, the monthly payments are $399 + tax (9.25%) = ~$440.

So, TOTAL EVERY MONTH: ~$440

Now, closing costs.
    I think I need 12-15k/year, but it's only 10k/year provided, with $0.20/extra mile.
    So, let's say I am not going to get their "plan" with extra miles.
    Okay, so I'll just calculate that "extra".

Extra miles 5k/year * 3 years = 15K * $0.20 = $3000.
    Disposition fee $350.
    Tear and wear ???? -- how much this could be? What they are going to charge for? I never leased, so I have zero experience. Is it bad? How bad it could be?
    Also, I heard that after lease ends dealer can sell the vehicle for less than actual bank owned money, so they can put charge on me (lesee!!) -- but not more than three monthly payments -- is that correct? Is it true? So it possibly (I am just assuming the worst) might be $440 * 3 = $1320.

---

To crown it all, it might be $2150 at the beginning, $440 per month for 36 months, and at max $4670 at the end. So, the total loss is about ~23K for 36 months, so less than $8K/year which looks pretty decent choice for driving new BMW.

What do you think? Can you help me? Guide me?

P.S. I also wonder how much would be the maintenance over those 36 months? If splitted the cost of maintenance over the period -- how much per month? Or at least for whole 36 months?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,634
    1) You don't pay for extra miles at lease end to go from 10K/yr to 15K/yr.. They just lower the residual by 3% and refigure the payment.. 3% on a 35K car is $1050.. divided by 36 = $29.16/mo.. So..now your payment is $428/mo.

2) GAP insurance is included on BMWFS leases

3) BMWFS only has closed-end leases.. There are no extra charges at lease-end, based on the actual value of the car vs. residual.

4) In 45K miles, you'll probably have to buy tires.. figure $800 for that.

5) Maintenance is included on every new BMW for 4 yrs/50K miles.. so, you won't need to budget for maintenance (other than tires)

6) Wear and tear? Take care of the car, and it should be minimal.. I've leased 8 cars, and a busted parking lot lens is all I've ever been dinged for at lease end.. ($70).

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs