Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 1-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    Ok, so you paid invoice on the car

No. He said invoice was under $31k and he paid $32k, so a little more than $1200 over invoice.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• denebjdenebj Posts: 16
    I meant before taxes :)
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but he never said the $32k price included TTL.

ah, maybe, for me the "I paid 32k" meant after taxes :) I am sure though
    I am NOT sure though. Sorry :)
    Actually (I apologize in advance, but I am an editor and very picky about the written word), he wrote "Price paid $32000.00."

To me, price means the price (of the item) sans any fees, taxes, etc. Of course, for all we know, we could both be wrong and the author meant the price plus fees but sans tax. ;b

• When I wrote price paid it was without taxes. Hope this clears things up.
  • jetzzsjetzzs Posts: 64
    Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a 128i coupe with only the sports package($1300) and heated seats ($500). Does anyone know of any incentives coming out in February? Anyone have any recent prices paid?

Last week I got an offer from a local dealer (Omaha, Nebraska):

MSRP including destination``````````````````````````31,825
    minus 4.5% incentive````````````````````````````````` ``- 1433
    minus BMW finance incentive at 3.9%``````````` - 1000

Final price excluding TTL````````````````````````````` $ 29,332

Thanks for any comments and have a great weekend! :shades:
  • Is that price for an 08 or 09? Automatic or manual? If it is an 09 with a stick, that is a great price.
    Yes, it is a 2009 with a manual transmission and only the sports package and heated seats. Edumuds invoice is $29, 515. Where are you located?
  • I am located in New York. I ordered mine manual, sport, premium stereo, IPOD and Satrad. Final price was 32K excluding TTL. I may have to go back and rework my deal. Did you order or is the vehicle in stock? I ordered 3 weeks ago and I'm told that it may take 6-8 weeks.
    No, it would not be an order. They didn't have it on the lot but I think they were going to get it from somewhere nearby. According to Edmunds, the options you mention are about an extra $1275. Did you finance with BMW Financial Services? I would get an extra $1000 off for using their financing at 3.9%.
  • What dealership did you go to?
  • What dealership did you purchase from... this is the exact configuration I was looking for.
  • FYI, for those looking

I almost picked up a 2008 Sliver 135i coupe today near Chicago.

The MSRP was $39,400 and the dealer discounted it to $33,000, which is way under invoice. Crazy end of the month deal.

It was not what I was looking for, so I'm going to wait to BMW FS improves their lease incentives on the coupe - hopefully. The interest rate, the MF was 0.0026 = 6.24% while you can lease the convertible around 3%-

If anyone else is interested, Anderson BMW Crystal Lake. I worked with thier internet guy Doug-

All the best-
    John
    Wow, that sounds like a great deal! That is more than 16% off of MSRP! Our quote for a 2009 128i with sports package, heated seats, and manual transmission was 5% below MSRP (including everything but ttl). Price is $29, 948 and in addition with BMW financing (3.9% for 60 months) BMW will make the first two payments. Trade in is slightly less than kbb (I am assuming this is pretty good with the present economy).

My husband is ancy and wants to buy it without getting any other quotes! Unfortunately, I think he will be leaving some money on the table. If anyone else has any recent experience with purchasing a 1 series I would really appreciate hearing it.
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Posts: 11
    How much did you pay?
    Thanks.
    Hi,

We bought in March. There aren't many 128is available so we ended up gettting one on the lot. The only options it has are heated seats and ipod connector. We paid right at invoice, I think about $28,600 before ttl. We also did the BMW financing at 3.9% for 60 months and they make the first two payments. Originally they offered us $7000 for our trade in (2001 330i with premium package). After a couple days, they called and bumped it up to $7,500. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Posts: 11
    Thank you very much jetzzs for the reply.
    How do you like the 128i so far? Do you think 135i worthy?
    My 128 has been a nice driving car and I'm happy with. It could do with a bit more torque though.

I think the 135i, especially with the sport package, would be more fun (and the M logo is sexy), but it's hard for me to justify an extra $10,000 for the 135i.