It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
FJ Cruiser Do-it-Yourself Oil Change
1) To find the oil drain plug you need to remove an oval-shaped plastic cover from the center of the black "skid plate" under the engine. A decent-sized screwdriver will help you pry this off.
2) The drain plug is 14mm, you'll need a socket of that size and a three-inch extension to reach up past the skid plate.
3) If you never changed the oil on a Toyota before, make sure you have a new "crush washer" on hand before you change the oil. This washer is supposed to be replaced with each oil change.
4) OK, now you're ready to drain the oil and change the oil filter. Make sure the engine has been warmed up before you drain the oil. Captain Obvious says shut the engine off before you drain the oil or you will have a very expensive lawn ornament on your hands.
5) I love where they put the oil filter - I have not removed mine yet but I think gravity will drain most of the oil from the filter when I drain out the engine oil - and it's right up front in the engine compartment - very easy to reach it. Thank you Toyota.