Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

dodgejoshdodgejosh Posts: 1
The heater does not blow hot air just luke warm air. The coolant level is ok, the heater core hoses are not plugged, and the engine runs at good temp. What else could be causing this? Thanks

Comments

• Just do a backwords flush thru the system to clean out the screen goin into heater core. did you ad any radiator stop leak lately? your screen is clogged and this will help.
  • kman15kman15 Posts: 3
    it is also possible that the heater deflector door is not functioning correctly with the temp control. I have a similer problem with my 2004 durango the first was in the front, had heat coming out of the registers in August with the a/c running . 4 times to the dealer they finally found the diverter door was broken. fixed under warranty thank god. they had to remove the complete dash panel and upper dash pad.
    I now have the same problem with the rear heat and a/c cool but not hot with heat on and warm with the a/c running I'm fixing this one as vehicle is now out of warraty. A plastic stop piece broke on the motor turn knob, and it drives to far and it breaks the piece attached to the door.
    hope you get it fixed.
    ps on mine the part I needed to get has been upgraded with 6 new part numbers from the original.
    can any one help with the control if it needs to be calibrated so that it does not brake this item again?
    thanks Larry kman10@snip.net
  • anglergirlanglergirl Posts: 5
    I have a 2001 Dodge Durango 4x4. Been a GREAT vehicle; very low mileage ... 52,000 original. I've been having an intermittant problem with the air conditioning. It will be working just fine; blowing cold air; and then it will just stop blowing cold air and start blowing hot ... or rather normal temperature air. Sometimes it seems as if turning the a.c. back off and on again will work; and other times there's nothing other than it randomly working again. I have no idea where to begin with the quest for the problem Have been told that if it's the "switch" repairs will start around $300-$400.00. I'd like to troubleshoot this on my own; or with some help from you folks; rather than letting my mechanic play guessing games. Anybody experience this or something similar?
    Please help!!!
  • dummy123dummy123 Posts: 1
    My front A/C Blower just quit. I pulled the blower motor and it seemed partially frozen. I could turn the fan but with way too much effort. I sprayed WD-40 on the shaft and seems like it turns freely now. Checked power to fan motor and it is getting no power. Seems like a fuse blew when the motor jammed. Problem is, I cannot find the fuse for the front blower. I have looked in the under hood fuse box, it has a fuse for the rear blower but not the front. I have checked the fuse panel inside the vehicle, still no luck. Is there another in line fuse some where or is it my fan control switch? HELP PLEASE !!
  • the rear air conditioner on my 2003 dodge durango does not cool. the front air appears to be working normally. But the rear does not cool regardless of wheather i use the front controls or the rear controls. Any suggestions as to how I may be able to trouble shoot or correct the problem ? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
  • curious22curious22 Posts: 1
    anglegirl / others:

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem, intermittent a/c compressor engaging on and off, a/c blows with no cooling when compressor cycles on and off. sometimes woks just fine.

Ideas ? solutions??

thanks,
  • i took to a mechanic (not dodge shop) an he will have to trace electronics biggest problem is removing panels he said perhaps replace motor. will let u know
  • bmaticicbmaticic Posts: 1
    My AC in the front is blowing hot air and the rear air is blowing cold. I have been told that it is probably the actuator that is the problem and that it is common that this breaks. Does anyone know where the actuator is, or what it looks like? I believe it is on the passenger side under the dash. I have the dash pulled apart but dont know what exactly i am looking for. Can someone help. I would appreciate it

THanks
  • jcmachyjcmachy Posts: 1
    air blows cold then quits. start car and sometimes it turns on then not. when air is on if you touch blower switch it stops. however you can always turn on the compressor and air comes out when you are moving so it is not the compressor. been told they are known to be weak in the control module a $194.00 part. looking for conformation if this is a fix
  • i have the same issue on my 2001 durango, i couldnt find a fuse.

did you find out whats wrong?
  • I think I have the same problem. Where the ac is on and blowing cold air then next thing you know it is not cold air, its just air blowing. It comes and goes. I had my freon checked today and they said it was full, so I dunno, Mine is a 2006 durango. Has anyone found what could be causing this yet? I like to fix things myself so simple language pls :)
  • I have the same problem with my 2001 Durango. Have you had any luck?
  • hi there. i have a 2003 slt plus and i had the same problem. there is a little transistor that controls the front blower motor. it is basically just a printed circuit board. it is located on the front passenger side of the vehicle up under the dash. there are 2 screws holding it in place. if you lay on the passenger floor and look straight up you will see it. the transistor is a dealer item, but it is very cheap. depending on where you live its about $20 bucks or so.
  • hi everyone. i own a 2003 dodge durango slt plus with second row heatind and ventilation controls. the second row suddenly stopped working. the fan blows, it blows at the different speeds but it only blows the outside air temperature. there is no cooling when i turn the a/c on and there is no heat when i turn the temperature control up. the front controls for the rear heat and a/c has the same problem. everything works just fine for the heat and a/c controls for the front. thanks for all of your help in advance. it will be appreciated greatly.
  • I have been trying to solve this problem for months - the second row cooling and heating not working. The fan blows but no temperature control. Can anybody out there help us?
  • mechanic tore into the side panels on my durango and found that a damper(made of he advised that to replace would cost about $400 plus parts. and he ordered the pare said he would call when it came in. To date I have not heard from him. I have about decided to let it stay the way it is .. and perhaps let the next owner deal with it. have over 100,000 miles on it so about trade in time..
  • Thanks for the reply. I may just trade mine in as-is also.
    Merry Christmas!
  • Hello! I am looking for advice on what could be causing dirty smoke to coming through my vents in my 2000 durango. I believe this smoke is causing a film on the windows. It is 12 degrees outside and I don't have any heat in the vehicle and to top it off, my other car won't start ( just posted on Chrysler 300M). Looking for an inexpensive way to fix this or even any suggestions on what it could be.
  • codyg2codyg2 Posts: 1
    i have a 2001 durango. my ac clutch went out. i was wondering if anyone knows of a smaller serpentine belt i could use to bypass the ac compressor. i don't really want to replace the compressor unit right now.
  • smpg2613smpg2613 Posts: 1
    OK, I have a problem that recently just started with our 2006 Dodge Durango. The A/C in all the vents up front do not blow cold air even though the A/C is turned on, however, the vents for thw back seats all blow ice cold air. Any ideas?