Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

1235»

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    Possibly either the control has gone out, one or more of the vacuum solenoids has failed, or there is a vacuum leak. There is one cable going from the control to the A/C & heat plenum, but I don't recall what is does 100%. I think it was for the max air/fresh air door.
    The fan resistor is on the top of the dashboard right side. I believe you can access it via a panel under the cowl, but I'm not sure. The only time I have ever seen it is when I had the dash out to replace the heater core.
  • I have air flow out of my two middle vents up front and the two driver side ones in the middle and back row. Nothing on the others and only cold and hot air in the front two. The ones in the back that do work just blow air not cold or hot. Can anyone help with this, is this a problem someone else has had?
  • I had my mechanic test the whole system PCM box. The blower still works intermitently. Any idea's on the fix?
  • I own a 2003 Dodge with front and rear control air/heat. I turned on the defrost the other morning and no air would come out of the front vents. I tried every kind of air flow to the front- ac, heat, defrost, and just feet. No air came out. The back vents are blowing air just fine. Hot and cool. We have checked the fuses and they are fine. I don't know what to do next. I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealership to get fixed because I am sure they will charge me an arm and a leg. Please help. :confuse:
  • robantrobant Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    My 2006 Dodge Durango ADVENTURER 5.7L A/C Condenser Fan Motor keeps running or remaining on more than 30 minutes after I shut the vehicle off. I keeps running the battery dead. I don't know if I should replace the fan motor, or if a sensor is going bad. Help please!
  • I just replaced the compressor and It cost me 60.00 and didn't take me 15 min. and I am by no means a mechanic. Just as easy as any alternator I have ever installed. Our local mechanic quoted me 1600.00 on a rebuilt replacement. It sat for a few months until a friend needed to barrow it and he had pushed me into purchasing a used one and installing it myself. It was quite an easy and cheap fix. I didn't even have to recharge it.
  • kdog77kdog77 Posts: 1
    I am about to go buy a 1999 dodge durango for about 1000 bucks it has black leather int. and 4x4 but the only thing wrong with it is that the ac and heat do not blow air but the motor still works does anybody know what could cause that or how much it may cost to get fixed please reply asap thank you
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I assume you mean the blower motor works but nothing comes out of the vents. How about the defroster vents, anything coming out of them? Usually these problems are due to the controller itself (it's mostly vacuum operated) or one of the vacuum solenoids being faulty.
    Cost to repair varies greatly depending on the problem. The controller can be repaired from the front of the dash, if it's something on the heat A/C plenum up under the dash it usually means removing it which is a big job.
  • grinz25grinz25 Posts: 1
    My a/c has not worked since I got the thing used. 500 bucks, no biggie. Now after 3 months driving, my right rear and front left brakes don't release all the way after stopping. Head that is an issue with this model truck. Replaced brake hose on rear brake and fron left, it is not as bad as it was. Heard that a crossover valve is usually the culprit, but after going through these posts I am not so sure. Help please!
  • stamplinstamplin Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I currently have a 2001 dodge durango. it has rear and front ac controls however the owner prior to myself cut the rear ac system out. now it is missing a part for the rear controls. The problem I wish to fix however is this... I had to put refrigerant in about 3 weeks ago up on buying the vehicle. the ac worked fine after that. it was cool but not quite cold enough.as of a couple days ago after buying gas I turn the car on and ac was dead. the compressor is working and the hoses are cold. I can turn the dial but nothing happens so i know it's not the resistor. a slow trickle of freezing cold air comes from the vents when the car is running at normal speeds but it doesn't blow out even when the dial is in the off position. could it be the blower motor or is it the switch for the blower motor and how do I diagnos this? also after I get the a c up and running again how will I get the air to be freezing? keep in mind I am a woman so if I can try and keep this not too technical I would greatly appreciate it. also I don't know if it's in connection but my check brakes light started blinking on and off right before I stopped to get gas before all this happened
  • paulmonroepaulmonroe Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I cannot get heat even though blower and controls work fine. Checked coolant levels, blew out heater core and lines, etc. Removed auxiliary pump -- it works and activates when controls/fan are turned on heat. Engine idles fine and thermostat and water pump must be functioning properly since engine maintains temperature just fine. However, there is no coolant ion the two lines running from water pump to heater core (one thru auxiliary Bosch pump). Any ideas? I'm really perplexed. Bought car new -- never had this problem. Should mention -- ran engine which maintained temperature with lines to heater core disconnected -- no coolant came out, yet system is full!
  • tnboyinaltnboyinal Posts: 2
    I have the same issue. I have checked the refrigerant level and it is okay. No leaks. Have you found out the issue?
  • I have an 2005 durgano and the a/c works fine in the rear but it doesn't work in the front unless I start driving what can be the problem
  • Hi all! I recently just bought a 2001 Durango and I noticed that the rear ac/heat blower works only for the 3rd row and not at all for the 2nd row. I tried seeing if the vents were closed and they're not... so any clue as to what it might be?

1235»