Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008.5 MAZDASPEED 3

Comments

• waydewayde Posts: 198
    Well thanks to both of you for the information... Maybe I'll take a look at the end of December or January :-)
    Have a great 4th everyone!
  • sudiesudie Posts: 1
    I am thinking of buying this model and am wondering how it will handle in snow - any thoughts? Still debating manual or aut. Also, would 16" tires handle better in winter driving conditions?
    Thanks.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    You're in the Mazdaspeed3 not the Mazda3 forum.

But to answer your questions, with snow tires you should have no problem. Many drivers choose tires for the snow that are downsized from regular summer tires (e.g. go from 17" summer tires to 16" winter tires). I run on 16" in the summer and 15" in the winter.
  • indydriverindydriver Posts: 620
    And the reason for this is, psi of weight or downforce on the tire contact patch. So, if the car's weight remains the same and you do a -1 or -2 winter wheel/tire application, you will have more weight per square inch pressing the biting surface of the tire into the snow or ice.
  • zzoomp09zzoomp09 Posts: 30
    Got my new MS3 Sport for 21950 including destination charge which is invoice price. Options were wheel locks, all-weather mats and auto-dimming mirror.

Some features are a downgrade from my previous 3 5dr GT like the HID's, LED tails, Bose and my moonroof. I'll convert to HID's in about 2 months, the LED tails, I like the aftermarket ones and they're cheaper, the stock speakers are fine for my tastes. I'm really missing the moonroof though. But I'll just drive somewhat aggressive and I'll forget the lack of moonroof. ;)
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,283
    I'm really missing the moonroof though. But I'll just drive somewhat aggressive and I'll forget the lack of moonroof.

The lack of a moonroof was a selling point for me. I don't want an extra 60-70 pounds added in the worst possible place. As racer TC Kline puts it, "It's like bolting your battery to the roof.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• peddler3peddler3 Posts: 10
    Does the O9 MS3 have that same ignition key removal button as the other manual transmission mazda 3's? I find it a bit irritating and outdated? Does anyone have a trick for bypassing it? I don't see whay they need it when every other manufacturer can have a manual trans w/o it.
    Does the O9 MS3 have that same ignition key removal button as the other manual transmission mazda 3's? I find it a bit irritating and outdated? Does anyone have a trick for bypassing it? I don't see whay they need it when every other manufacturer can have a manual trans w/o it.

It is a pain, but you get used to it. I'd also like to ashcan the ignition/clutch interlock.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Here here, with a new salesperson (saleswoman no less) I felt like a dope flapping around trying to turn the key for 20 seconds or so while we mutually learned the car's nuances.

Haha, come to think of it she even left the car's hood unlatched (hook still engaged though) so when I "tested the acceleration" onto the interstate i got a little nervous when i noticed the hood vibrating.

Oh well, I'm hoping to nail down the specific vehicle this week and negotiate down well off invoice for a 2008.5 since I read the 2009s are coming out soon.

To the original complaint... the little button click (as will most funky new features) actually becomes mechanical after a few months of ownership.
  • Good luck with your purchase negotiations. I bought my 2008.5 in June at $300 below invoice. The factory began making '09's in June so they should be arriving at dealers this month. I've only had my car for two months and I don't even notice the key release button anymore. BTW, it doesn't involve the starting procedure, only key removal.
  • Unfortunately, I've got a CEL already. I will be going into the dealer later today to get it diagnosed. Yes, its got a full tank. Yes, the gas cap is on tight. The service advisor said a solid light probably indicates a sensor problem. Apparently, a flashing light is more urgent as it indicates a driveability issue and should not be driven. My light is solid and it drives just fine.
  • BTW, it doesn't involve the starting procedure, only key removal.

Oh yea, I was talking about the clutch startup lock.

Also, this is the only forum that mentions the 2009 speed 3 being a definite go, are there any published sources?
  • Plenty. They made a batch of '09s in June which should be arriving at dealerships now.
  • I was hoping for link to an article or something of that nature :)
  • waydewayde Posts: 198
    Are on dealer lots... at least in MN. Same as 2008.5's.
  • I want to hear more on what people have been paying for MS3's lately! Unfortunately they are not included in the financing incentives Mazda has for all its other cars.
    I've heard of some good deals on some of the other Mazda forums. I know ou can now get an MS3 on S Plan(a friends/family plan similar to Ford's X Plan).

• Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never leased a vehicle so I wasn't sure if thats considered an "incentive". If they do lease them, does anyone have any ideas what they would run per month? Any estimate numbers wise would do. Thanks.
    Mazda hasn't advertised an attractive MS3 lease. You can almost certainly lease one, but it won't be a very good deal.

• orca3orca3 Posts: 11
    Bought my '09,true red speed3 last Oct.- $23460.00 - traded my '07 mazda3 touring(17,000 miles) - price after trade $19,000.00 - bonus is that here in NH we have
    NO sales tax! Was this a good deal ? I was happy - took me over an hour to
    negotiate - thought I did well.