Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X5 Diesel Reliability

12346»

Comments

• habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    You responded to a post from September, 2011. I think by now the owner is serving a prison sentence for burning down the BMW dealership.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yeah but he did so with gasoline as diesel doesn't have the same dangerous flammability. ;)
  • My wife and I bought a brand new 2011 X5 Diesel. One year later we began to hear fluid floating back in forth in the cabin of the car, on the driver's side, as we accelerated and stopped. Around the same time the engine light came on. I'm on my forth visit back to the dealer within two months for the same problems. It wasn't until the third visit they're explanation was that the D.E.F was low and the noise was a normal occurrance in diesels. They said they topped off the D.E.F and the light was due to some nitrous oxide levels. No sooner than a day later I was right back at the dealer and they insisted on it being normal. As for the engine light, they're still trying to figure it out. I refuse to accept that a luxury brand like BMW that spends millions of dollars on researching noise reduction will be okay with consumers driving their cars hearing fluids sloshing around. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
  • I can't say for sure, as I just placed an order for an X5 today, BUT my husband has a Yukon and had the sound of fluid in the passenger side of his car that ended up being a blocked drain for the A/C. Dealer blew us off until it got so backed up it actually started draining into the car's footwell. It was a simple, easy fix, but seriously made us question the dealership's service.
  • novan4menovan4me Posts: 1
    Did you ever get the check engine light resolved?? I am having a similar issue and am becoming very frustrated with the whole process. I don't think my BMW dealership knows what they're doing. Any insight from you would be appreciated.
  • I had a the same situation with my 2011 X5D. The guys at my dealership changed the EGR valve for me and that fixed the problem forever. Hope this works for you.
    PS At that time (a yr ago) it was about a 2-3 week wait to get the valve from Germany. I would assume that the dealerships now have easy access to those gadgets)
12346»