Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi carman, kyfdx and everybody else,

I was just offered a base model 2009 Nissan Rogue S in South Florida with the following terms:
    39 months
    12K miles per year
    $269 per month, tax inclduded
    $600 down which covers first month lease payment, title, licencs, etc...

Is this a good deal?
  • Hi hondaandy. The best way to evaluate a lease is to look at the selling price that it is based upon in relation to either its MSRP or dealer invoice price. You never mentioned what either of these figures are.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will enable you to see how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are for this lease and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ReinsReins Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking for an ideal payment for the below:

2009 Rogue_SL_AWD / MSRP 29,155 Invoice 26,864 (Selling price right around high 25k's to low 26k's)

39 Months
    12k Miles per year
    2,000 down (includes all fees and taxes up front 7%)
    -500.00 grad discount

What do you think the monthly price would come out to be?
    And do you happen to know what the current money factor is for these models?

Appreciate your expertise!!
    -Reins :)
  • I am being offered the following deals in GA:

Both deals are sign and drive, 12k miles/yr. and include splash guards, rear bumper protection and floor mats (as if I had a choice).

Rogue:

S = $291 + tax for 39 months
    SL w/premium package = $327 + tax for 39 months

Anyone care to comment on these deals? I want to make the decision within the next 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.
  • Hi Reins. A selling price below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a leased 2009 Rogue right now. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this vehicle for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD that has an MSRP of $29,155 and a selling price of $26,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $310. I used a money factor of .00211 and a residual value of 60% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tasteckler. the best way to evaluate these deals is to look at these vehicles' selling prices in relation to their MSRPs or dealer invoice prices. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this number is, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what these numbers are and I am sure that either myself or another community member will gladly give you their opinion on these deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

The specifics of the deals are as follows: (the deals are now 1st payment due at signing)

2009 Nissan Rogue 2.5 S
    MSRP= $21,365
    selling price = $20,071
    39 months
    12k per year
    Residual Value is 61% or 13,032.65
    money factor is 0.002110 or 5.0%
    $282.71 +Tax

2009 Nissan Rogue 2.5 SL with Premium Package
    MSRP= $24,755
    selling price = $22,678
    39 months
    12k per year
    Residual Value is 59% or $14,605.45
    money factor is 0.002110 or 5.0%
    $318.05 + Tax

Any analysis would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • pmmanpmman Posts: 5
    09 SL AWD with premium package, leather, moonroof, mats & splash guards.

Can anyone tell me the current Residual & MF for a 39 or 36 month lease. I am trying to work out the payments on a lease for a negotiated price of $24,837. 12,000 miles a year.
  • ReinsReins Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_Man!!!

One quick question, you mentioned zero down, which is different from zero out of pocket right? I would still have to put about 2k out of pocket to cover all the fees.
    Just wanted double check, thanks again!! :)
  • pmmanpmman Posts: 5
    Reins,

We are looking at the same Rogue to lease. MSRP 29,155. Lets keep each other in the loop. I am still working on best price of $24,837. This price is not including the $780 destination fee so its really $25,617. I am still trying to get the exact Residual and MF to work out payments.

And by zero down you are not putting money into reducing the cap cost of the lease. Paying TTL & fees up front doesn't mean you are putting money down. However, you can roll your taxes into the monthly payments and just pay first month, title & fee's.
  • Any opinions on this lease deal?

2009 Rogue SL/FWD
    36 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    $22,421 Cap cost
    Zero down payment
    Does not include TTL
    .00211 money factor
    $13,508 residual
    Monthly payment $363 includes tax

I am thinking about taking the deal if he drops the cap cost to $21,000. Any opinions?

Thanks!
  • Considering you could buy it on a 5 year bank loan through Nissan for 2.9% with a monthly payment of $400, I would definitely not lease it to only save $40. The general rule to know if leasing is better than buying is if you can't save over $100 per month leasing then buy it.
  • Thanks for the additional information, tasteckler. Let's take a look, starting with the money factor. The money factors that you were quoted for both of these vehicles are right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate for them. This is a good thing.

Now let's take a look at their selling prices. The 2009 Rogue S has surprisingly small margins. There's only around a $1,000 gap between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The selling price that you were quoted looks excellent. The same goes for the price that you were quoted on the SL.

If you like the Rogue, I personally don't see any reason not to go with one of these deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi pmman. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00211 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00211 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem, Reins. Yes, by zero down I meant that it's in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Even without one, you would still have to pay things like your first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, and certain taxes or fees at signing. Much of that, like the acquisition fee and taxes, can likely be rolled into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment if you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • anyone know money factor and residual for 2008 Nisssan Rogue SL FWD and AWD? 12K and 15K annually; I notice alot of them are discounted $5000 so could get good Cap Cost
  • anyone know money factor and residual for 2008 Nisssan Rogue SL FWD and AWD? 12K and 15K annually; I notice alot of them are discounted $5000 so could get good Cap Cost
  • Just leased a 2009 AWD SL w/ leather premium and moonroof. MSRP 29155, dest fee of 780 Sale proce 25,900 adjusted cap 25,371. We put 1500 down (total) and our monthly payment is 318.78 for 15K miles. (after taxes)
  • Hi,
    Just got back from local dealer with this offer. 09 Rogue SL AWD with moonroof, conv. package .... Sticker price of $27,205.00. Selling price of $25,300.00 39 month lease 15K miles a year, total out of pocket is $996.81. With taxes roled in monthly payment is $356.91. Our tax rate is 8%. Does this sound like a good deal? I am thinking that there is more room to work here. thanks
  • what area did you lease your rogue from?

I am looking for a deal in the Northern NJ area and cannot seem to get the prices anywhere close to what others are getting for a Rogue Sl with premium, leather and moonroof.

I was planning on an Mitsubishi Outlander and almost bought a new Rav4. SO glad I did not sign on the Rav. I test drove the Rogue and fell in love.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
This discussion has been closed.