Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• i went to a dealer this weekend after communicating through email. the sales person was great, answered all our questions and i signed a deal for SL AWD fully loaded $29155 msrp. 3k down (including all fees, sales tax except dmv and 1st months payment) and $315/month for 39 months with 15k allowance for a rogue traded from another dealer (color preference)

Fast forward to today when the finance guy calls to say nissan declined my lease but he spoke with a supervisor and got approval. could not tell me my credit tier, say he did not know what it was etc. but my payments would be
    $349 a month with 3800 down EXCLUDING tax. I asked for a quote on a base SL, he said Nissan is not making them. We played price games through several phone calls and when we asked for our deposit back, he then claimed they could honor the original deal.

I understand that credit score can change a lease offer, I am upset about not being told the selling price, credit tier $$ factor etc.

SO 2 questions... should the finance guy be able to tell me what my credit tier was? If I take my business to another Nissan dealer, will they have to run credit all over again?
  • so my wife and i are expecting our 1st child mid-sept, and are only interested in a relatively basic crossover/suv for as little down / monthly as possible.

i've read in another post something like "a $28,000 nissan may lease for $450 /month while a $28,000 honda may lease for $350 / month, some lease better than others"...

with that, can i get some opinions about the best deals out there? which crossovers/ suv's "lease best"?

we've looked at the:

vw tiguan (overpriced, quoted $393/month / 36 mos, 0 down, base s model)

nissan rogue (quoted $330/month/ 36 mos, ttl down, base SLmodel (cloth, no premium, but awd - we also have nissan loyalty and friends/family)

considering the ford escape, but no american mfg's seem to be leasing atm...

also, my current lease is up end of june - which is end of dealer quarter - is it better to wait till then to negotiate?
  • Rogue SL AWD
    Premium Package
    Moonroof

36mo/36k

Selling Price 25300 (600 below invoice)
    .00224 money factor
    Residual of 16,000.

Also factor in I have $750 of negative equity trading in my 2006 Saturn Ion 2
  • fp54fp54 Posts: 3
    How you doing guys, new member here

Just have a question... With all the national Nissan Rogue offers being around 3000 down/209 a month, is it really possible to get a fully loaded SL lease with only 2k down and around 350 a month with good credit?

I'm still reading up on things, so sorry if this is a noobish question. It just weirds me out, because I was checking them out the other day and got a rough estimate on an S for 299 a month with 3k down (good credit/them easting about 1000 with my honda lease)
  • spjospjo Posts: 2
    hello, I am currently looking for a similar deal in NJ or tristate area (SL AWD with premium, leather and moonroof) with 15K miles. Looking to also put down 3K. Would you be able to send me the dealer you worked with?
  • scubadoo2scubadoo2 Posts: 13
    $3,000 down is too much on a lease. If you total it day 1, the money is gone. Doesn't even make sense to pay the tax up front, but I did it. Anyway, there are a bunch of people, including me, that recently lease an SL, Leather, Roof, Premium, MSRP $29,200 for $327 month, 15,000 miles, with Tax, Bank Fee, MV fees down (about $2,000). No cap cost reduction.
  • fp54fp54 Posts: 3
    You may remember me from 2 posts up :)

Anyway... after a few days of reading up on edmunds, I was able to get a deal like the one your talking about. I just think it's ridiculous how car dealerships can pretty much do what they want.

At first, I had been quoted for a basic "S" for 3k down.299 a month. Then I went to loaded version and they wanted 3k down/389 a month! And he was even fighting me on that!

So anyway, after doing some shopping... im getting 2k down, 330 a month... everything but leather, which i really don't care for anyway...

So, in summary... thanks to all of you
  • spjospjo Posts: 2
    Thank you scubadoo2, this was really helpful. I just cant seem to find a dealer (in NJ anyway) that will give me this price. They are so outrageous! If you don't mind and are from the area, can you email me which dealership you used? My email address is spjo1222@yahoo.com. Thanks again for your help.
  • I ended up using Curry Nissan in NY. Overall, I was happy with the experience. They were able to track down an SL AWD with premium, moonroof and leather in Iridium Graphite. I did put 3k down (this did include taxes, 1st month pymt and any other fees) and my payments are $309 month for 15k/year. I do agree scubadoo, not to put that kind of $$ down on a lease but I really was not thinking about that at the time.

Nick spent more than enough time with us and when I picked up the Rogue, he connected my phone to the bluetooth and went over every feature that the truck had and how to use the features. When I bought my Toyota, I was handed keys and sent out the door so this was a nice touch.

The whole car buying processs is exhausting and mentally challenging, at least for me and I am thrilled it is over.
  • Cali123Cali123 Posts: 5
    This is what I am getting in NJ.
    39 month
    15,000 miles
    Retail $27,335

$368 sign and drive

Is this a good deal or can I get more out of them.
  • These kind of tactics are what you would expect from a dubious type dealer. You should have named the dealership. This kind of stuff is what makes people not want to go into dealerships. If I were you I would write a certified letter to Nissan corporation and tell them exactly what they tried to do to you. The letter and a call to the Better Business Bureau really. They tried to jack you, this goes on all the time with less than honest dealers.

My wife was at a Nissan dealer in Jersey today, they told her the exact credit score she had and the tier and even gave her a pamphlet on credit and she was almost 700 in score. So yes, they can tell you your credit situation. Your situation sounds horrible with that dealer, call the General Manager and tell him all about this situation and that you are going to contact the BBB on them, you can still go in and get the car as well with the original deal. You as the customer have power, use it!
  • That is a great deal. I assume you have the Bose radio, and sunroof, with the MSRP of 27 K - Zero out of pocket is awesome and so is the 15K - what more do you want?

Just put pen to paper and sign and drive, you deserve it! :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem Slukas. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Rogue SL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00234 and 57%, respectively.

I don't know if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does I suspect that its 10k resids are 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jps1010. It is true that Nissan's normal consumer cash incentives cannot be combined with its special lease program.

The only cash incentive that is available on leased Rogues right now is a dealer stairstep program that provides Nissan dealers with a $1,000 dealer cash incentive (or more) if their hit certain sales targets. One has no way of knowing if the dealership that they are working with will hit their sales objective, but programs like this usually make dealers very motivated to get deals done.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kpm. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using your vehicle's buy rate lease money factor.

Check out the above articles and let us know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bjthegame. $600 under dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for a leased 2009 Nissan Rogue. Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate for this truck (though it has subsequently been revised to .00234 for April),

If you like the Rogue, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome fp54. There's nothing wrong with questions. Leasing can be confusion for someone who has never done it before. You learn by asking. The following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com are the best place for you to start learning about the subject: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the vehicle's buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact Rogue that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price. These numbers are also available here at Edmunds, over in the New Vehicle Pricing. Let me know what these figures are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Rogue, hellofromjerse. It sounds like you had a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :) !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello.

I'm in NY, and am currently negotiating the following. Could you tell me if it's a good deal?

2009 Rogue SL AWD
    Premium/Leather/Moonroof

10k miles/year, $0 down, $210/month. What should total out of pocket be for this? I have a trade-in worth somewhere around $2500, which I'd like to use for the out of pocket.

Please let me know what you think. My feeling is that it's a great deal, but I'd appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.
  • beachbum73beachbum73 Posts: 2
    Looking for the Right Deal...What should I be paying..getting alot of #'s on line...
    09 Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg w/Leather, Moonroof. 36 mo 15k tax incl in NY. Should I wait till Memorial Day Wknd for an even better deal??? Thanks for any help!!!! :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.