Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• We got the 2010 Nissan Rogue SL with leather, moonroof and basically fully loaded, but not with back up camera. We worked with a dealer in Rockland County, New York. I was quoted $278 for the S and $369/month for the SL, with no money down other than basic fees and taxes. When we sat to do the paperwork, they sprang a $595 bank fee and a $75 "doc fee". I knew these were ripoff charges, but did not want to upset my very excited daugher, so meekly signed the docs. The total out of pocket at signing was $2560. I was not happy with such a huge out of pocket charge and would have argued had I been there alone. Nice car, but once again I leave a car dealership feeling victimized. Perhaps I am over-reacting.
  • ejkcpaejkcpa Posts: 7
    I guess you didn't incorporate the sales tax into the lease. I think you're paying too much but if it's done-it's done. I could have gotten your car for $320 no money down and sales tax included. No $595 bank fee but I did pay that "dumb" $75 fee. You should never pay the sales tax up front because if you have an accident when you leave the dealership you are out the sales tax.

Enjoy the car and enjoy the ride.
  • Thanks. It is nice seeing the kids so excited about the car. They love it. Where, and what dealership, offers this car for just $320 on the lease and no money down? I'll shop there for my next car.
  • Hi roberttwr. NMAC didn't used to charge a disposition fee, but it is very possible that is started charging one. A number of other banks do charge termination fees. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tacticalbuytacticalbuy Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    looking for current money factor and residual for both 2010 Rogue AWD S and SL for 36/39 month lease - not sure if it has changed since Jan. Want to go in to the dealer armed with everything i'll need to know whether I'm being screwed or not on Saturday

Am in Mass so if any other incentives, would appreciate those as well, thanks in advance - info from this forum helped me get a fantastic deal on an Altima a few months back!

Is the acquisition fee from NMAC negotiable or set in stone typically? I know the doc fee can go away
  • Hey I would like to know where you got a deal like since I am currently in the market for the same car.
  • ejkcpaejkcpa Posts: 7
    I leased my car from Garden City Nissan in Garden City NY.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome back, tacticalbuy. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Rogue S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00257 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00257 and 61%.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Rogue in your state.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Dealers are often allowed to mark banks' fees up, so make sure that the dealer doesn't charge you any more than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Am hoping to buy the SL AWD loaded tomorrow. Dealer (Ramsey Nissan) already offered $369/mo lease plus tax, first month and fees (although I don't know what the fees are). I have a trade-in worth about $1200 and was willing to put $1500 down. Sounds like he was really trying to kill me on the deal. $320 including tax and no money down sounds amazing. Where can I get this deal?
  • Is the $1000 cash incentive offered in NJ right now? And how often do the money factor and residual value numbers change? I would appreciate any help you can offer me when I go into the dealer tomorrow. Thanks!
  • mccoy10mccoy10 Posts: 1
    I live in brooklyn ny and I want to pick up a rouge today this is what I found so far I am looking for a base rogue S awd the dealer told me he can give mr it for $259 a month and $500 down and I pay the dmv + tax+ the 395 bank . What do you think can I get a better deal my score is 680 to 698. What should i pay for that oh thats with 15000 miles 39months
    Hi renjennyc. Yes, the $1,000 is available in New Jersey. Nissan usually changes its incentives, or at least gives itself the option to change them, every month. Its current lease program is scheduled to run through March 31st.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mccoy10. If I was in the market for a 2010 Rogue in your area right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 under dealer invoice (which is really right around invoice to $500 over after the available cash incentive on leases is taken into account).

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Rogue that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you work for a company that is a supplier to Nissan or know someone who works for Nissan you are in luck. It recently provided people who are eligible for its supplier program to purchase vehicles at the same price that Nissan employees are able to use for a limited time.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just leased the rogue s 360 package awd for 317 per month with zero down, taxes and fees rolled into the payment. All I paid up front was first month and around 150 in dmv fees. Hoping this was a good deal.
  • Sorry Pal - Not sure if you got your best deal! I just leased a 2010 Rogue S AWD (no 360 package) for 189/mo. with no money out of my pocket! No money down, no first payment, no DMV fees, no nothing. 12K miles per year for 39 months @ $189/month - Quirk Nissan in Quincy, MA on 3/31/2010.
  • Hello!

Anyone have any idea what kind of lease I should expect in Kansas City (Kansas or Missouri)? I have never leased a car before... This is what I have heard from the dealers here: 2010 SL AWD with the premium package, no sunroof, cloth interior. They want me to put $2500 down plus my $3000 trade, $220 a month for 39 months, 12000 miles/year.

Does this sound like a good deal? I love the $220/month, but I hate to put down so much on the car. They have claimed that those numbers will include everything but my Kansas property tax. I would appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!
    Greetings kristinhoward. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I see that the dealer that you are working with is asking you to put over $5,000 down on your lease. Doing so is definitely not good idea. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Those who make large down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Well in NY I have never heard of that suv being 189 per month with zero down. You must live in some special location to get this auto for 189 with zero down. Either that or you are reading an add in a paper and when they get you in the door your in for a big suprise. In NY the car you got was 299 with nothing down. And I went to 4 dealerships in the long island area that being by far the cheapest price.
  • khtjjkhtjj Posts: 3
    I got a quote for Rogue S FWD 10k/year for $139/month with 2500 down payment
    OR
    $259/month with 0 down payment for 39months.
    Is this a decent deal?
  • Just leased a 2010 S AWD for 39 months, $248/month plus tax, with $1500 down, including fees, registration, and 1st month's payment. Base model, no 360, nothing fancy, yet MSRP was listed as 22,820.

The national deal here in CA for this model is $239/month plus tax, with $2,449 down.

I have this nasty feeling that I got hosed even though we spent 8 hours at 4 different dealerships and this was the best offer. We walked away and they let us go at all the other places.

Any thoughts?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,671
    You did better than the advertised deal, so you should feel fine about it.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• Im in NYC and looking to least a 2010 Rogue. No money down and only out of pocket to be first months lease and DMV transfer fees. Prefer the AWD option.

Any help in how much this should cost me and where to shop?...Thanks
  • hars1hars1 Posts: 1
    Car Man: Do you know the Aug '10 Res. Val. and MF for a 2010 Nissan Rogue FWD w/ 360 Value Pkg?

Thanks!
    Here you go hars1.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Rogue S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $500 bonus cash that is currently available on it. Nissan is providing another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Rogue on top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Just want to make sure that is not a typo... 2010 Nissan Rogue 36mo /15k residual is 60%? If correct that may be too good to pass up.

Thanks for all you do!
    You're very welcome, joerarey.

Amazingly enough, the 60% resid is indeed correct. That's one heck of a solid residual value. Nissan's special money factors on the '10 Rogue aren't as aggressive as its factors on many other models, but they don't have to be with residuals like that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey I just picked up a 2010 Rogue AWD S w/ the "Value Package" which adds alloys, tint, backup cam, etc. My lease with taxes, fees, title rolled into it is $234/mo for 39/mo, 12K miles/yr. I only paid the first month's payment to drive it home. I did this on Labor Day, and I'm wondering how the heck I got such a cheap lease on a $23,000 vehicle... anyone else seeing good deals out there? :)
  • That is a lot of vehicle for the money, chaztastic. Congratulations on getting your new ride. One of the reasons that you were able to get such a good deal is the fact that Nissan was providing an additional $500 bonus cash on the Rogue for Labor Day.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm looking for the exact same thing but with 15,000 mi a year. Where did you get your lease and how much more should i pay for the extra mileage and does it make much difference if you turn in a lease you have now a year early?
  • Car_man,

Am interested to know if you have any data for the 2011 Rogue. Specifically, the SV with SL package in either FWD or AWD for 36/12K.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.