Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rendezvous Noises and Sounds

2»

Comments

• tigfittigfit Posts: 7
    I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous same problem error on mileage , no average fuel economy , no instant fuel mileage! Pretty much have had all the problems everyone else has had on this forum. Can't figure out why they can't sell cars!

Good Luck
    Bill :lemon:
  • rayne1rayne1 Posts: 4
    Hey Bill, good to hear from ya! Sadly, most people are too embarrassed they have our car lol, or are not aware of the site.

I wanted to let you know that I had my serpertime? belt replaced, that made the noise that i thought could be a bearing. The VERY next day my change oil light came on, ya know it wasn't happening while I was ALREADY there, so brought it in (as u know when THE car talks u have to jump on it or else lol) and need my transmission fluid changed as well. With it being an 02 the pan and the entire 9 yards had to be done, had it been any other yr, only the fluid would've had to have been changed. Anyway since changing the trans. fluid, NOT one sound, the thing drives like it's BRAND new!! It was too funny as they had another Rendezvous, that had just come in, 08 and was still there. I asked if they were having trouble GIVING it away, hahaha!
    I just hit 70,000, how many mi does urs have?
  • tigfittigfit Posts: 7
    My 2002 Buick Rendezvous has over 100,000 miles on it but since the odometer now says error who knows! I have a 1993 Pontiac Transport that's almost at 250,000 miles and never have had to take engine apart. Wish I could say that for the Buick.

Bill :)
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I wanted to let you know that I had my serpertime? belt replaced ...

That would be the serpentine belt.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I have a 2002 rendezvous It growls when you turn the wheel
  • Hi

Please sorry for my english cause I speak french.
    I have a problem (I think it's problem, and maybe not very serious …) I have a noise on front differential , I asked many people (repair ) and they said that I need to change by another one.
    Is it true? and is it (my important question) dangerous to drive this car now. If I drive my car under 70km/h the noise is here, but more than 70km/h the noise disappears. Please let me know..Now the very important question …we have ticket from New york to Los Angeles 6-01-2012 and we want to go to to New York from Montreal by car and after one week we'll return back to Montreal…Can I drive with this car and I'll repair after.

Please I need your help

Happy Holidays
  • I am having issues with a humming or moaning noise on my 04 Rendezvous. I have taken it to a mechanic today only because he said it sounded like my rear hub. But it turns out it was not the hub, he thinks it is a mid point bearing where the drive axle for the rear end of my vehicle meets. But I have been reading your forums and keep hearing people talk about Differential Fluid. Would this solve my issue. The noise I have goes on continually unless I make a right turn. It is also make a tremendous banging noise when I hit any size bump, it is my rear left wheel that does this, I have been told it is not my shocks, struts, hub, axle, etc. I am getting annoyed by this noise and frustrated that no one can find what is making it. I don't wish to spend big bucks on something that doesn't need done. Can anyone help with there input. :sick:
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,186
    Moan/groan on the AWD version can many times be corrected with a versatrak fluid change (also may be due to leak in system). The banging may be a broken spring.
  • I know this an old post but I recently acquired a high mileage 2003 Buick Rendezvous with the moaning rear. I changed the fluid with Royal Purple Synchromax that reduced the moan level but did not eliminate it. I did not do a flush. After about a thousand miles I then added about four ounces of limited slip differential friction modifier. After about a dozen circles in each direction the noise was gone completely. I wanted to verify the Versatrak still worked so I drove it off the road so one side was on the pavement and the other was in the grass. From a complete stop I floored the gas pedal. The Versatrak worked perfectly. I don't know how long this will last but it's working perfectly for now.
2»