Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Veracruz Options and Accessories

amilivamiliv Posts: 23
I'm purchasing a new Veracruz, and dealer is trying to sell me standard extras, such as protective paint coatings, extended waranty, and LoJack (tracking system in case vehicle is ever stolen).

When buying all my previous cars, I simply said no for protective coatings, even while I was living in harsh northern climates. But who knows, maybe I was wrong all this time. What opinion others have about these coatings? Worth the money (in $600 range), or should I use my good old "no" answer?

They also offered me extended warranty that would cover vehicle bumper-to-bumper for 10 years or 100,000 miles. The standard Hyundai warranty is already great. The car is already covered bumper-to-bumper for 5 years or 60,000 miles. I'm usually not sold on these either. Any sense in buying relatively expensive ($1500-2000 range) extra warranty? Does it increase resale value of the car?

The last thing on the list was LoJack, and that sounded interesting since it might actually lower my insurance premiums. Until I figured out it would lower them for about $40 annually. It would take about 20 years for the LoJack to pay for itself through lower insurance premiums. So probably something I'm going to skip. But as with other things, would be nice to hear opinions on these tracking devices before I say final "no".

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• carbuyer11carbuyer11 Posts: 114
    I know there has been some discussions about aftermarket accessories for the Veracruz. Since the web leads haven't been especially helpful, I was wondering if anybody has heard of plans for stylish running boards for the Veracruz. It sits high enough off the ground that running boards would come in handy. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • arumagearumage Posts: 922
    A few more have showed up, but there still aren't very many available.

Korean Auto Imports
  • aabruzzeseaabruzzese Posts: 16
    Does anyone know when or 'if' Hyundai will be making a cargo cover for the Veracruz?
  • Does anyone know about the bluetooth accessory? I heard from one dealer they use Motorola and it would cost about $200 or so (not sure if this price included installation or not). I have a 2008 so I would think it would be the same accessory for the 2007.
  • I just received an e-mail from Hyundai's Manager of Product Public Relations confirming that Bluetooth will be available for the Veracruz "before the end of next month", and that it would be available at the dealer level to retrofit on the Veracruz if it was not originally installed.

This should be good news for those folks who were waiting on the fence since it was part of the original 2008 Veracruz Press Release, but currently absent from the available options on Hyundai's "Build Your Own" pages.

Sorry-no information on pricing.
  • Wonder if this retrofit will be available for the 07.
  • What is the Manager of Product Public Relations e-mail address?
  • Check your Carspace mailbox.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    I looked at the blueconnect compatibility and mentions the 08 veracruz. Could this kit be the one. Sadly this kit doesn't integrate with the audio system. Blueconnect doesn't do that. It's based on the acura/honda system. Maybe it's a different kit but it looks like it.

This means that it can work on any trim level. 07's could work as well.
    Veracruz's with bluetooth have already been allocated for this month. Expect them later this month or next month. It might be integrated with the stereo. Navi will probably be availiable with bluetooth.
    Bluetooth is fm modulated :cry:. There still is hope though since blueconnect is the only solution that isn't fm modulated. Parrot with a harness will work as well. There is no infinity harness nor a logic7 one.
    Actually It's not FM Modulated. It appears to be a Johnson Controls BlueConnect Solution. It mounts on top of the Sunglasses holder. It doesn't integrate within the stereo though.
  • A couple of questions from someone who is not technically inclined:
    So does that mean that a separate speaker exists to listen to handsfree calls, with a separate volume control? When the phone rings do you just hope your stereo isn't up so loud that you don't hear the phone? Seems like a pretty weak solution to me if that's the case. Also, do you have to reach up and push a button to answer the phone or will there be something on the steering wheel?
    Yep thats how it works. There are going to be more kits but on one BlueConnect site they have kits for other Hyundai's. Even the new CTS takes this kit instead of a real kit. Yea I would like them to have a real kit. Genesis will be getting a real factory installed bluetooth kit. I have the evidence to prove so since the interior spyshots had a phone button on it.
  • Well that really sucks. I have been waiting for a "true" bluetooth solution from Hyundai for the Veracruz (based on their press release, what a bunch of bs) and won't be happy with this compromise. As silly as it sounds, it is enough to motivate me to look at something else. I have bluetooth in my acura tl and would have a tough time using anything that isn't fully integrated. Thanks again for the info!!
  • Wow. That is disappointing. Where are you getting this info? There is still nothing on the Hyundai web site.
    The thread said it was from a hma employee. The Veracruz that didn't win the SUV of year award from motortrend had that kit. Navigation is however coming soon though. That system will have no cd changer. The genesis spy pics do have a phone button. Also one of them looked like it would have voice recognition that this LG system wont have.
  • I am interested in adding remote start to my Veracruz. Anyone out there have any tips or advice on models, possible problems, etc?
  • broochbrooch Posts: 18
    I just got the rear cargo net for this vehicle. It comes with 3 connectors each side.
    I am assuming that the middle connectors attach to the floor and the top and bottom ones are attached at the top forming a u-shaped cavity. It didn't come with instructions so I assume this is correct? Any cargo net owners confirm this?

TIA
  • brooch, let me know how you make out. I've been waiting for a cargo 'cover', what you're describing doesn't sound like what I'm looking for but I'm curious. I work in a city center with a lot of crime. (mostly smash and grabs)

I've been hoping for a cover like I had in my 2003 Santa Fe which hid what I was hauling from view. It was like a window blind, but horizontal, if you know what I mean.