Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Bought a new 2010 Camry LE under the CARS program. I feel pretty good about the engine as the new 2.5 4 cyl went into late year 2008, and 2009 RAV4's. That model is getting Much Better than Average Ratings. The transmission remains the only real question mark. In two test drives I thought it shifted very smoothly and the manual mode paddle shifting worked really well. So hopefully the issues of the 2007 tranny's (more problems in the V6 versions) are a thing of the past and I will be able to drive this boring, rather no frills car trouble free for many years. The plastic interior looks about the same as what was in my old 4Runner. That cheap plastic held up pretty well for 15 years... I thought it handled well, but I'm 57! Very quiet, roomy, seats felt comfy, stock sound system was pretty decent, trunk is cavernous with 40/60 folding seats - tows up to 1000 lbs, got the color I wanted.
  • The 2.5 4 cyl. has a timing chain not a belt.

There is no (easy) owner/operator way to check or fill the automatic transmission fluid - no dipstick. Apparently you have to gain access to fluid through some inspection point on the transmission. They said all Toyotas are built this way now.

Don't forget to get your splash guards in your deal - (like I did!) Never thought about it until I picked the car up.
  • chris789chris789 Posts: 37
    Does anyone know how manu cubic inches the Camry LE 4 Cylinder 2010 is? My insurance company is asking and I've searching the web and even the toyota website but not able to find this information.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    The toyota website tells you the # liters of both the 4 cylinder, and 6 cylinder engine. Convert liters to cubic inches, and you have your answer. Liters is a volume (metric), and cubic inches is a volume.
  • saidiadudesaidiadude Posts: 49
    There is no way to check the Auto Transmission fluid? How does one check the level or condition of the fluid?
    My 2004 Ford is that way as well. No transmission dipstick or filler up in the engine compartment. And I know that the vehicle engine and transmission have to be cold when they do anything with the fluid. The fill procedure requires a certain temperature, so that the right fluid level is obtained.
  • chris789chris789 Posts: 37
    I just got a new Camry 2010 and the dealer filled up the tank and I saw the gas level as being full. The indicator is almost to the half way mark and I haven't even gone 200 miles. For a tank that holds 18 gallons thats going to give me approx 22 mpg. I was hoping I would get better gas mileage. Does the 2nd half of the gauge go down slower?
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I read extensive articles on Wards website, you know the one that puts out the Wards 10 Best Engines lists; if you want a well made/reliable V4 your better off going with a toyota because their 4 cylinders are supposed to be top notch; the V6's on the other hand are not; if you really want a reliable V6 engine your better off getting a nissan; the V6 engines in the altima and maxima have been on Wards list for many years now and are considered supper reliable!! it all depends really if you want a 4 or 6 cylinder; the 6 cylinder nissan's are actually more reliable than there V4 counterparts; I'm making a overall generalization based on everything I've read; thats not to say a few people won't have a problem with a nissan V6 or many people won't have a problem with a toyota V6
    Reliable, Toyota, and V4 don't go together in the same sentence.

Saab used to have an early 70's vintage V4, right when they shifted from 2 cycle to 4 cycle....and that certainly wasn't reliable. Most everything else 4 cylinder currently produced, is I think an inline i4.
  • I just bought a 2010 toyota camry and I added contacts to the system by voice, but when one of my friends call, the display on my radio shows the number and "unknown caller."
    My question is: How do I add a name so that my contacts name shows up on the display?

Thank you
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    You don't.

If the calling party has opted out of the caller id program your phone doesn't recieve the calling number.
  • Hi,

I bought a Camry XLE 2010 last week and I'm truly impressed.

The display shows among other things MPG since last fillup. I topped it off today
    so that I can see what I get for gas mileage and the display's MPG did not change. How long before I truly get an accurate MPG? I thought it would reset upon refill.

Thanks!
    Read the owners manual about resetting. In most vehicles when you reset the trip mileage, the avg mpg is reset.
  • My dealer ordered Camry SE 2010 manual for me around JUL 3rd week, does any one know how much time Toyota George Town (Kentucky) Plant takes to deliver a car once order have been placed. I really appreciate the help.
  • I reset both Trip A and Trip B to zero. No change, still says the same as it did before I reset. I'll check and see if anything specific about resetting in the manual.
  • Yeah, nothing in the manual specifically about resetting the mpg per tankful to zero on filling up at the gas station, and I did set both trip odometers A and B to zero at the time. It just picked up where it was before the fillup and started calculating from there?? hm...
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    You can't determine gas mileage based on the position of the fuel gage. The fuel gage is just an estimate. Also the tank may not have been completely full. I would worry too much about this tank and begin tracking with the next fill-up. Remember it takes a few thousand miles for the engine to break-in.
  • The computer is an estimate at best. The best method is to fill up the tank - set the trip meter to 0 - when you fill up the next time, divide the number of miles driven by the number of gallons you just put in the tank. My first trip in my 2010 LE 4 cyl took me 399 miles on 12.23 gallons for 32.6 mpg. This was about 33/33/33 city, two lane highway, and interstate. Cruise was turned on a little bit, mostly just to make sure it worked. I drove so as to vary the engine rpm as much as possible most miles were driven at 65 mph and below, a few times up to 80 and as much as 4000 rpm in short segments. Car wants to drive at just below 2000 rpm most of the time though unless you force the issue by using the transmission in manual mode. Based on this I expect to exceed 35 mpg on interstate trips when I drive like I usually do. Cool! - the 2.5 i4 is a strong engine too - I don't really miss the big V6 I had in my ten year old Infiniti - this engine has everything you need for merging and getting around tractor trailers. Very quiet and fairly nimble too. I'm pretty happy so far.
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    When doing the per tank method, for a better idea of what the car is doing, average it out over at least 5 tanks or more. This is becasue you will never get the same fill twice, it will always be different due to the pump, the temperature, the humidity, where you top it off, how much goes in with each click, etc. After dividing by 5 tanks of gas, you will have a more accurate assessment of the MPG. With my Hybrid, I write down the miles off the trip, the gallons I put in, and the the price. About every 6 months I put all that into a spreadsheet and calculate my fuel costs, and my MPG. I then use those numbers and compare them to my other vehicle and what my savings are compared to if I drove the Veracruz everyday instead of the Camry Hybrid. I need to get around to that, it's been at least 6 months since the last time I did that.
  • bird12bird12 Posts: 1
    Does the 6 cylinder ride better and steer easier than the 4 cylinder?