Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Okay - I just turned the keys to an '03 Accord that I drove and loved and put 116K miles on it. In turn, I bought a 2010 Camry LE. I love the new Camry, but I loved the Accord back in '03 when I bought it. I will say that the Camry is much quieter than the Accord, but like you said, the Camry interior layout isn't as 'flashy' as the Accord. I noticed some of the same things you mentioned as well...the center console has a crappy little tray that is difficult to move, the USB outlet is sorta out of the way, the pockets on the back of the seats are 'low quality', the trunk however, i have no problems with - very roomy. i do find myself speeding because of how quiet the cabin is. All in all, I really like me car. My wife drives an '03 Camry and I'm having a hard time keeping her out of my newer model.
    AND......the son loves the Honda.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Yes, I agree the interior is not as plush as it was in earlier models (2002-2006), but if you consider all the stuff that has been added (traction & stability control, 7 airbags, etc) larger engine, AND the fact that the price has not really gone up, if you take into consideration inflation, it makes it a little more tolerable. Other makes have cheapened the interiors as well. Personally, I would pay a little more for a nicer interior, but it is not terrible. It is very functional and laid out, just not as plush as prior generations. I stiif recommend putting some white lithium grease on the tray to make it easier to move.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    It appears from isolated testing by owners on PriusChat the the new 2010 Prius has the smart brake override installed - but not announced - already. It works as indicated.
  • Just purchased a 2010 Camry. I noticed a skuishy feeling on the front passenger floor.
    Like part of the floorboard is missing.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's normal.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Normal - nothing to worry about. Most cars use extensive padding under the carpeting.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    The Prius has always had a "smart" brake. Regenerative braking REQUIRES that the engine RPM fall low enough that the braking wheels DRIVE the synchronous AC motor(s) into GENERATOR mode.

This also happens even if you lift the throttle without touching the brakes. During coastdown periods the roadbed traction is used to DRIVE the generators. Simulating, in effect, engine compression braking as would occur in a non-hybrid.
    There is a fairly common failure that might be the cause. HVAC condensate overflowing the plenum and leaking onto/into the passenger side carpet. There is a drain hose to prevent this but it may be blocked or even not properly installed.
    You didn't say if the "soft spot" was wet. If so, wwest could be right.
  • Maybe I didn't explain my self correctly. This is on the corner of the front passenger floor by the seat. It feels solid and then all of a sudden it feels like the floor ends and yoh have just the carpet. Thanks again for all the replys.
    "..skuishy feeling..."

Would imply, for me, WET.

Maybe Spongy would have been more correct.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Either way, its soft, squeezable. Doesn't sound that normal, but I don't own a Camry!
  • gooddeal2- One dealer tried that auction bs with me also. I just went by Kelly, NADA and Edmunds. I did forgot to mention that when I got the price on the 2010 Camry, it was a done deal....and then the sales manager walked in and started the numbers game, which made no sense at all. It is just a scam they use to jack up the price. He kept trying to get some more $$ out of the deal and told me they were losing money on my Accord trade blah blah.... I told them that we had a agreed price and I was ready to walk if they did not go with it. Thank goodness he gave in and I got the pretty good deal. I also forgot to mention I paid cash on the 2009 Accord and 2010 Camry, so money probably does talk.

Another thing that bothers me about the 2010 Camry is there are drain holes on both sides of car (at least on mine) somewhere below each door and after a few rain storms there are always dirt trails below the doors. I have never seen this on a car and wonder why they designed it this way? The good thing it remind me to wash the car and water is not storing up wherever it is draining from but too bad the rain gets in that area anyway. Has anyone else noticed this? ( I still love the car...but there are always little things that are worth pointing out.
    Regarding the console between the seats and the crappy tray they stuck in it (I'm about ready to pull it out) My old 98 Accord had a 2 section console. Very nice. Top portion was only a couple of inches thick and then below that was the deep console. Toyota should of copied this.
  • Spongy is a better word for it. Thanks wwest!
  • Thanks. I usually pay cash also. I trade in cars so often that I just walk in...ask for the diff...negotiation for 10 minutes and then either buy the car or walk out. :D
    Another thing that bothers me about the 2010 Camry is there are drain holes on both sides of car (at least on mine) somewhere below each door and after a few rain storms there are always dirt trails below the doors. I have never seen this on a car and wonder why they designed it this way? The good thing it remind me to wash the car and water is not storing up wherever it is draining from but too bad the rain gets in that area anyway. Has anyone else noticed this? ( I still love the car...but there are always little things that are worth pointing out.

Yes, my 2007 used to do this - it is normal, but it will get less as the car gets older. I think it is maybe excess rust proofing?? My 2007 does not do this anymore, but my new 2010 now does this, but it is getting less and probably another few months and it will not do it any more.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    I checked. It's the shape of the floorpan. The carpet and padding cover a small depression.
    Regarding the console between the seats and the crappy tray they stuck in it (I'm about ready to pull it out) My old 98 Accord had a 2 section console. Very nice. Top portion was only a couple of inches thick and then below that was the deep console. Toyota should of copied this.

They did -- for the 2002-06 models. I'm not getting rid of mine soon! Two other cost-cutting measures on the '07 and later: hard plastic on the rear face of the front seat backs instead of cloth and 6-way power passenger seat on the XLE instead of 8-way (no more adjustable tilt of the seat cushion).
  • Thanks, I was curious about the older models. Too bad they changed it. Yep, I commented on those plastic seat back pockets instead of cloth earlier. I hardly put anything in mine ( A map and some thin items) for fear of ripping them lose. I guess the old ones were like my 98 Accord. I had umbrella and all kind of goodies in the cloth version. But the Camry LE driver seat is much more comfortable then the Accord. It has plenty of adjustments for me. Since I only kept the 2009 Accord for two weeks, this could be my imagination but when adjusting the seats it felt like the Camry had more front seat legroom even though they have almost exact same legroom according to web sites dimensions. Legroom is very important to (6' 1'') me. No power adjustment for passenger seat. ">
    Camry has power Auto-Up/Down windows on all 4 windows. Accord is just driver and passenger. Not a big deal but convenient. I like to open the rear passenger side window just a little on days when AC is not needed, but I don't know if it the body design or not but there is an awful wind noise that is had to describe when opening that window that is very annoying.
    mcdawgg- Thanks for reply about the drain holes

They did -- for the 2002-06 models. I'm not getting rid of mine soon! Two other cost-cutting measures on the '07 and later: hard plastic on the rear face of the front seat backs instead of cloth and 6-way power passenger seat on the XLE instead of 8-way (no more adjustable tilt of the seat cushion)-210delray
  • A 269 horsepower car? I thought the CX-7 had 244 horsepower. :confuse:
    I like to open the rear passenger side window just a little on days when AC is not needed, but I don't know if it the body design or not but there is an awful wind noise that is had to describe when opening that window that is very annoying.

This is common on a lot of cars these days. Just open one of the front windows slightly, problem solved. I can't remember, but it is something very explainable.