Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Camry

1282930313234»

Comments

• Update on my comment about the car feeling like it's lurching when I go from a full stop. It seems to have improved a lot - I actually don't notice anything but a smooth pull away from a stopped position. I don't think it's my imagination. Maybe the car engine broke in or something. Do new cars have any sort of break in period? My 4 cylinder Camry now has 16K on it. I'm really pleased with it. :)
  • Toyota catching up to Ford???

Ford SAYS that they have caught up to Toyota in quality.......really?....just because Ford says so? Toyota says look at our record not rhetoric.

What Ford does best is marketing, not building cars.

Lets see what the long term quality of Ford vs. Toyota is before we declare Ford the king.
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Actually, Ford exceeded Toyota in quality. I traded up to a 2010 Ford Fusion from a 2009 Camry and havent looked back. 23k miles on the toyota and the seats had wear in the fabric, the sunroof stuck, the dash rattled, and overall material quality was subpar for the price of the car.

38k miles on my Fusion so far, and the only problem was a sticky caliper replaced under warranty. Seats still look like new, no rattles, no squeaks, nothing to complain about.

After owning 2 Toyotas, and now having Fords, I will not be going back to Toyota any time soon, both my Fords are doing great with 59k between the both of them.
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Hi acdii:

Good Morning! ----- I enjoyed reading your posting! ----- Did you know that Ford engines have a problem with their spark plugs blowing out of their engines due to defective machining of the spark plug holes in the head? ------ Ford does not accept responsibility under their warranty, and the cost of repair in on the customer! ------ I can easily deal with wear on fabric seats by purchasing a vehicle with leather seats. ----- Dash rattles can be located and fixed easily, ----- but drilling out the old spark plug threads, --- cutting new threads for a steel sleeve, --- and installing it into the head to accept the spark plug is a major issue, --- and having Ford dump the "total financial responsibility" on the owner of the vehicle is very unprofessional on the part of Ford! ------ I personally like the Ford Fusion and the Mustang, but I would not purchase one because of the spark plug issue! ------- Dwayne :shades: ;) :) :confuse:
  • There is no emperical evidence other than Ford projections that they have come close to Toyota quality.
  • Ford has had a lot of problems with the 5.4 Triton. The factory plug is a 2 piece design and breaks when removed, they have a redisigned plug, but Champion makes a one piece unit that will prevent the plug breaking.
    The champions cost $20 each.

Consumer Reports still rates Honda, Subaru and Toyota as top three picks.

The only Chrysler product recommended is the Ram 1500, All other Chrysler products are below average rated.

Ford has made progress, the Focus outscored the Civic this year, but to say their ENTIRE line is as good as Toyota, Honda: is marketing, not quality.
    That is old news and no longer an issue since they have redesigned their modular heads for the 5.4 and V10 engines that had these problems. The problem also is related to improper installation of the spark plugs, and has for the most part happened after a spark plug has been changed out. It also has not hurt their truck sales, they are still #1 in truck sales for something like 30 years.

It still has no bearing on the cheap materials in a nearly $30,000 car like the Camry, I shouldn't have to spend another $1500 to have better materials in the car, I should expect to have better materials in a Camry, not Corolla material. A nearly $30k car should not have squeaks and sticking sun roofs, and noisy doors. I have nearly 40k miles on my Fusion, and not a squeak, rattle or any other problem has occurred, in fact the one problem I did have went away when I replaced the tires, and that was poor rain traction, which were the tires and not the car.
  • luckysevenluckyseven Posts: 134
    edited August 2011
    2011 Camry LE I4 can be purchased for under $20K and current model is in the end of it's production cycle. While current Camry has it's shortcomings, it does deliver. I remember Car and Driver magazine choose it to be #1 sedan on the middle of unintended acceleration smear campaign. They said while Camry is not superior in every department, it does excel as a package and this is hard to beat. We'll soon see what next generation Camry has to offer, I'm sure Toyota folks worked hard to keep Camry #1 sedan on the market.
    Hybrid, not low end base line cream puff model. To think that the seats in the Hybrid are no better than those in the baseline I4. It really is a moot point at this time since the Fusion I have is hands down far better than anything Toyota has to offer. I like a car that can handle curves and has a sporty suspension and that is NOT a Camry. The only reason the Camry is selling is the soft mushy ride most people are used to, and think that a car that you feel bumps in the road is bad. If I want a row boat, I would get a row boat, and the Camry is a rowboat compared to the Fusion. Wallow on down the road, wallow on down the road.
  • Not old news if you own one.

Rather than posting in the Camry forum how bad they are, why not go to a Ford forum and post how good they are.

Consumer reports still rates Honda, Subura and Toyota as higher quality than Ford.
  • luckysevenluckyseven Posts: 134
    Calling Camry "rowboat" is a stretch especially for Ford lowers. It is true that Camry LE-XLE provide smooth quiet ride and this is why people like them. If you want more control then SE is available and it provides better handling and road feel. I used to own an Accord before, it had crispier handling and better road feel but I have no regrets for moving to Camry. You must be forgetting that Camry is a family sedan and majority of people who drives them in late 30 and older. Toyota did very well identifying what kind of ride this group of people is looking for. If I'd be looking a sportier ride then I'd move to something more enjoyable then Fusion.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,682
    I agree, instead of posting how bad you think the Camry is, go over and post how good you think the Fusion is. Makes no sense really to be so negative in here as any Camry lover will dismiss what you write so why bother. I'm sure the numbers will attest to how many folks still buy the Camry in this country even when subtracting out fleet sales and love it.
    Personally, I'm glad you love your Fusion, why buy something you hate. But to go on and on in a Camry forum is tedious at best and remember, your opinion is just that...yours! Time to give it a rest now. Back to lurking again.
    I am...The Sandman!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch