Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Camry

Comments

• oparroparr Posts: 61
    If you own a Camry involved in the recall, do not drive it!

And drive what?..My wife's '96 Camry? Sorry, it doesn't have a decent gang. When Toyota sends me a notice I will **probably** schedule my recall at the same time as the 10,000 mile service. No great hurry here.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    As I said in another post, most car companies have had issues. Ford had their Exploders and Pinto's and Chevy had their Vega's. Look back in history folks...it's all there. This will pass and consumers will still buy what they feel is right for them. So let's quit badgering Toyota and Honda folks...companies (and people) in glass houses should never throw stones!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• revitrevit Posts: 476
    Yeah, I feel for any owners who have a Toyota as their only vehicle.

Was just watching the news and a Toyota owner went to the dealership today and they don't have the parts. Like many, she doesn't feel the car is safe to drive and they wouldn't give here a loaner.

Way to go Toyota!
    As I said in another post, most car companies have had issues. Ford had their Exploders and Pinto's and Chevy had their Vega's. Look back in history folks...it's all there. This will pass and consumers will still buy what they feel is right for them

And what year were both of those issue?

Think Toyota has reached an all time low if it is now being compared to a Pinto. There goes Toyota's residual value...couldn't give the cars away at this point. :lemon:
    Toyota asked to make car payments for customers in new class action lawsuit

And the Toyota beat rolls on. Or should we say the Toyota beat down rolls on. Check this out: a group of Toyota owners (and leasers) have asked a judge to file a class action suit demanding that until their accelerator pedals are fixed, Toyota should pick up the tab for the recalled cars. That's right, some folks in Cincinnati feel they shouldn't have to make any payments to Toyota until their cars are fixed. Here's what the lawyer filing the suit has to say:

"Until they make it safe, people shouldn't have to pay their lease payments and shouldn't have to make their bank payments. Let Toyota pick that up."
    Yeah, I feel for any owners who have a Toyota as their only vehicle.

Save it for those who cannot think for themselves or those who hear Nelson Muntz's (from the Simpsons) "Hah-Hah" from every other vehicle while driving their Toyota.

As for me, there are so few Camrys like mine on the road now that I feel like a member of an exclusive club. Wish it could remain that way.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I've never put "Camry" and "Exclusive" in the same sentence. The only real "exclusive" Camry these days might look like this...

• 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Yeah, that'll be the day if that lawsuit goes anywhere.
  • "...we have no idea if the judge will allow this, as it would set a fairly dangerous precedent for all auto makers. Imagine if every time a car got recalled for a faulty cup holder (or whatever) the owners didn't have to pay for it."

Yeh! Let's start this...but remember: Every Stick Has Two Ends!

Folks, do not panic! Drive your Camry's and enjoy them like I do! Neither floor mats no gas pedal assy are dangerous. I think there is a glitch in ECU (software and/or
    hardware). The problem is intermittent and this is the worst part of this story. Toyota will fix it soon! Simply avoid using cruise control now.
  • "Simply avoid using cruise control now."

Why shouldn't we use cruise control? I just started using my cruise control today in my 2010 Camry LE when my car reached the 2,700 mile break-in mileage mark and the vehicle was driving very nice and smooth while the cruise control was on. I didn't notice anything wrong while using the cruise control.
    Please tell me what's wrong with using the cruise control? Is the cruise control related to the gas pedal problem? I would like to know.
    THANKS
  • After I turned my car off tonight I heard a very high pitch sound that lasted about 20 seconds. I couldn't tell where the sound was coming from, maybe the speakers. The car has 10,000 miles on it and this is the first time its happened. Has anyone else had similar sound issues?

Chris

ps. I have a 2010 Camry LE 4-Cylinder
    There's nothing wrong with the cruise control; just continue using it.
    I think there is a glitch in ECU (software and/or
    hardware).

I notice that there were Japanese statistics regarding the Prius brake problem. Have there been any statistics regarding runaway Toyotas in Japan or elsewhere in the world besides the US?

If the answer is yes then an ECU glitch would be more of a possibility, however, if the answer is no or relatively few then that would be less likely assuming the same ECU is used worldwide. Assuming the latter and this being a predominantly US problem then Toyota is probably correct regarding the US made pedal IMO.
    Assuming the latter and this being a predominantly US problem then Toyota is probably correct regarding the US made pedal IMO.

Other possibilities;

1. Sabotage.
    2. The HAARP weather modification and control installation in Alaska, that scared away the bees, is also scaring Toyotas.
  • Exclusive Video: How Toyota's Fixing Your Recalled Car :lemon:

http://autos.aol.com/article/toyota-recall-pedal-fix-walkthrough
    Toyota recalls 7,300 Camrys with potentially leaking brake tube

In a separate and completely unrelated (to unintended acceleration cases, floor mats or brake pedals) voluntary recall, Toyota will be fixing approximately 7,300 2010 four-cylinder Camrys with a shorter-than-intended power steering pressure hose that can interfere with the braking system and cause a brake fluid leak.

According to the announcement made by Toyota late Monday night, the issue with the brake fluid tube begins when a crimp from the power steering hose comes in contact with the number seven front brake tube. If this occurs, the crimp can wear a hole in the brake tube over time and eventually lead to a loss of brake fluid.

Toyota says that there are no symptoms associated with this problem that a driver may notice until the leak has already begun. In the event that the brake tube is punctured and brake fluid begins to leak, brake pedal stroke and stopping distance will be increased due to a decrease in power-assisted braking.

Toyota says that the affected Camry models will need to be inspected by a dealers, and if necessary, adjust the space between the brake tube and power steering pressure hose crimp. In some cases, the dealer may replace the brake tube if damaged.

Camry owners will be notified starting in mid-February 2010.
  • Todate, this must be the fourth.

DETROIT (Reuters) – Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) will recall 7,314 model-year 2010 Camry sedans in the United States due to the risk that a potential defect in steering may make it harder for drivers to stop the vehicle.

In a document sent to U.S. dealers on Tuesday and obtained by Reuters, Toyota said the 2010 Camrys equipped with a 4-cylinder engine might have a shorter-than-required power steering pressure hose in the engine compartment.

That could deplete the brake fluid, increasing the brake pedal stroke and making it more difficult and requiring more time to stop the vehicle, Toyota said.

Toyota notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on Tuesday of its intention to conduct a voluntary safety recall, the document showed.
    Toyota was not immediately available for comment.

The latest move follows a string of recalls over the past few months that cover more than 8.5 million vehicles globally due to the risk that a loose floor mat or a sticky accelerator pedal may lead to unintended acceleration.

Earlier on Tuesday, Toyota said it would recall nearly half a million new Prius and other hybrid cars for braking problems, the third recall in a spiraling safety crisis at the world's biggest automaker.
    Wow, 7300 cars! What's that -- one week's worth of production?
  • Yes, about one week.

Probably a supplier or associate error on the assembly line.

This kind of thing happens quite often. We are hearing about it now because Toyota is under the microscope.
  • The lawyers are diving into the bloodbath, which Toyota deserves for the deaths, cover up and ridiculously slow response to the problems. I called the Toyota Hotline (800-331-4331) yesterday and finally got through. Then spent 20 minutes getting bounced around. My main question was why my dealer or Toyota NEVER CONTACTED ME ABOUT THE RECALL and when were they going to fix my car? This is unacceptable. As usual the Toyota spokes person could not answer basic questions. after 25 years of driving Honda's, I decided to switch to Toyota because both companies have great reputations for safety and quality. I was upset with Honda for not addressing the brake/rotor problem in 08-09 Accords. It is well documented. Not sure if they fixed them for the 2010 models. I was also was tired of Accord road noise, bumpy ride and uncomfortable seats. I test drove a Camry and was sold! I'm not happy with the 2010 Camry oil change fiasco and would not of bought the car if I had read about this acceleration problem and how Toyota is handling it. I finally got my appointment for repair next week. The 10 minute fix will take 3-4 hours. My fix includes the shim and a shortening of the pedal....so far.
    Toyota is only sending limited amount of kits per dealer. (If your dealer is fixing the cars on lot before fixing cars on the road then I consider this another class action lawsuit.) Back to lawsuits my city (Pensacola) has a big time lawyer that has started class action>
    PENSACOLA/PANAMA CITY - A class-action lawsuit against Toyota has been filed in Panama City.
    Pensacola attorney Fred Levin filed it on behalf of Justin Johnson.
    Johnson's wife drove their new Tacoma pickup into a ditch when the accelerator stuck. The dealership later told them there was no problem with the vehicle.
    The lawsuit wants millions of Toyota owners reimbursed for having to find other transportation while their cars are recalled. It also wants punitive damages brought against Toyota for knowingly selling defective vehicles.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_6569.shtml
    Here is the link for our local newspaper forum regarding the recall.
    http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=Forum- Discussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3ac465a418-e5ac-4734-b866-ad2ca76c20bfForum%3abb- 9f5dff-8eb2-4a28-8bcc-e5f5e627f114Discussion%3a40b85c7f-9d1e-4fcd-a7cb-7571672c6- 50c