Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• try glass doctor araund you
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    To the folks downing the Armada. Any car you will have those who think it should be "perfect" they are mechanical devices and will have issues. You can buy a $100,000 Mercedes Benz and still have issues.

-mike
  • gbajagbaja Posts: 13
    have a 2004 Armada, my tire sensor light keeps beeping and the Light for tire pressure on the dash board is also on each time I drive my car on the for about 30-40 minutes on the highway. The only time the light will turn off is when I turn off the engine for 10 minutes or if i got off the h-way and go local for 10 minutes. My tire pressure is at 35 psi(as recommended) and sometimes I put it to 38 or 40 psi just to check if it will go away. This problem occurs anytime of the day (winter or summer).I took a picture of the tire sensor light while it is on and brought it to the dealer (picture) and the dealer refuse to fix my truck's problem because by the time I reach their place the light is already off and they told me that when they hook up the diagnostic check tester they cannot found any problem. My warranty will end in 2 months please help..........
  • I had this problem with my tire sensor light (Armada 2006) I had it at the dealers shop at least 6 times FIANLLY they figured out that there are internal batteries in each tire sensor in each tire. One of the batteries they said was dead from the factory. They replaced the battery and it has been fine (KNOCK ON WOOD) for 8 months. The same thing was happening...they would reset it with the computer and it would come back on as soon as I left the lot! Good-Luck..
    DOug
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,725
    To amplify what Mike said...

On the Armada, "4-Hi" is a part-time 4WD mode, meant for slippery surfaces—only! On dry pavement, in tight turns you will get that "crow-hopping" that you experienced. That's normal, and that's why it's a "part-time 4WD" mode.

I would leave it in the "Auto" mode, as that will (automatically) kick in and out of 4WD as needed. Think of it as sort of a full-time 4WD, in that you can leave it in "Auto" year-round. You may use a bit more gas, but you won't risk damaging the vehicle.

Bob
  • I purchased an 04 Armada and had a really bad experience that resulted in me hiring a lemon lawyer after being fed up with the service dept and Nissan of NA. The lawyer made out way better than we ever could have expected and after all was done we were without an Armada. I am looking at an 06 now. Any comments, words of encouragement or warnings?
    I'm hoping that since the first year Nissan has worked the bugs out.
  • I have read where some 2006 models are still having the brake juggle problem. I would stay away from everything except the 2007's. I filed lemon on my 2004 for the brake issue. The only problem I have actually had with the vehicle. Currently at 29,000 miles. Nissan sent an engineer to fix the brake after 4 attempts by the dealer. So far so good after 8,000 miles. I have no confidence it will last.
    Nissan said dealer had instaled some of the old design parts. Tall to the technician. He said BS. :lemon:
    I'll be picking up my 9,000lb boat trailer within a month, so I'll let you guys know how it tows on a regular basis.

-mike
  • Do any of you hear a humming noise when the fan is turned on at level 1 or 2? For mine the noise originates from the motor blower beneath the glove box.

I didn't know if it was just me being hyper-sensitive, but I was curious to hear if this is common to Armadas, or Nissans in general.
  • I have a 2004 Armada and it rolls back on any incline whether it's steep or just slightly inclined.
  • Have you tried using 409 cleaner. It worked on my gray cloth seats.
  • Is anyone having problems with the suspension on the Armada. I have a 2004 Armada and the rear suspension is terrible. It rides like a dump truck in the rear and i feel every bump that i hit whether it's small or big. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it's a large truck so that's the way it's supposed to ride. I have driven other SUV's and never had a ride like that. Is anyone else having this problem?
    It's due to the weight of the Armada. Any heavy vehicle will roll back when in gear since the weight is greater than the holding force at idle of the transmission.

-mike
    Check your tire pressures. If the TP is too high you'll have it riding like a dump truck. Also if it's loaded up with a lot of stuff or a trailer I generally get a hard ride, as expected.

-mike
  • ddssjskddssjsk Posts: 26
    You have to realise the vehicle is going to roll back on any incline reguardless of angle unless enough throttle pressure is applied by the driver to overcome the force of gravity. I don't know of any vehicle that will not. :D :)
  • ddssjskddssjsk Posts: 26
    What produces a smooth ride is a coil spring that is long in length or has a large overall diamater. It needs the length and size to provide sufficient travel for a smooth ride. The Armada seems to be a little short in that area. The springs seem to be small for the vehicle size and probibaly quite stiff to support the vehicle payload. Resulting in a firm choppy ride. Smoothness in ride is sacrificed for handling and payload capacity. This would also help prevent vehicle rollover and aid in stability control. It's a trade off.
  • rafarafa Posts: 35
    HI everyone just wanted to ask if someone can help me we have 2005 nissan armada se. Today while going to work I got a big nail in the front tire so I went to get it fix they took out the valve stem and the air so they can patch it up. Wanted to know where are the air sensors for the tires and if when you take out the valve stem do they have to put the same one back if anyone can help thanks
  • Hello Just brought 07 Armada. I notice something wrong with the R gear. Everything when I shift it to reverse I started to hear a clunk noise when I shift to R. The D gear seem fine and smooth. But the R is worst. I have other car that doesn't have a rough shift like the Armada. Look like the trans is getting bad with just over 300 miles!!!!!!! Any advise???? :mad:
  • In reference to Post #441. I forgot to say if you park your Armada up in the driveway or on the hill. I mean when you shift it to Reverse Gear it'll pop a clunk noise like it gonna breakdown. I just don't feel comfortable with it. Is that normal on the Armada? please help? :cry:
    When parking on a hill do you use the parking brake? The proper method of parking on a hill would be to put the car in Neutral, apply the parking brake, make sure it's set, then put it into park. This is a heavy truck, when parking on a hill it will jam the gears if not parked properly.

As for the clicking, it could be a problem with the CV joints. I believe there was a TSB on them in 2004, perhaps it is the same issue.

-mike
  • Mike-Thanks for the feedback but what I mean is that when the car was already parked in the driveway. By the way my driveway is pretty high compare to a normal driveway. When I want to reverse out so I need to shift the gear to R-(mine is Auto Trans). When I shift it to R-that's when I start to hear a clunk and rough noise. I even tried to apply the brake hard and the parking brake on too! Still give me that clunk noise. I have a Ford Explorer that doesn't give me a clunk noise like the Armada. I think it's a trans problem.Please advise?
    Do you apply the parking brake when you turn the car off? Basically if you pull up your driveway put the car in park and then apply the parking brake, you essentially have put pressure on the parking pin, so when you put it into R afterward when you go to leave you are hearing a clunk from when you release the pressure on the parking pin.

Best way would be to:
    1) Put the car in N when parking, and apply the parking brake.
    2) After you are sure the car is solidly stationary in N with the parking brake applied, put it in Park.
    3) when leaving, put your foot on the brake, release the parking brake, and put in R

This should eliminate that clunk.

-mike
  • Thanks Mike- I'll try that tommorrow morning. In a meantime when you hear that clunk noise. Will it damage your trans if you do it alots of time? So what you saod above will eliminate that clunk noise and should it shift smooth too? I know it won't shift as smooth as a flat gound level! As least it help eliminate that horrible clunk noise. I'll try that 1st thing in the morning. :surprise: :surprise:
  • haropharop Posts: 59
    First thing won't work, assuming you did not already parked as described by Mike :)

Seriously, when I got mine, I noticed the same problem, but I had similar problem whith all my cars, except this one was a little lauder. Since then I started doing:
    "Neutral - Parking Brake - Release Brake Pedal - Park" combinations and it is OK. Still some time I just don't mind much and would park then apply PB. I don't think it will damage the trans in a short time.

-haro
    Shouldn't damage it but if the parking pin snaps it's not fun. I noticed it on my truck when parking on snow mounds this weekend if I didn't apply the parking brake.

-mike
  • aggiedogaggiedog Posts: 238
    I know where you guys are coming from but if you ask any good mechanic, they will tell you to not even use the parking brake if at all possible. The brake could eventually stick and ware out prematurely or even warp the rear drum/disk rotor. I'd say ask your dealer/mechanic if you have one you can trust. Also my 05 LE makes that noise. I've gotten used to it.
    Maybe in the 1960s the parking brakes stuck! I only use it when on a hill but it has never stuck on any of my automatics in the past say 20 years worth of cars.

Not to mention that these have disc-in drum parking brakes so the only thing that would wear out is the parking brake pad, not the actual brake pads as they aren't used when using the parking brake.

-mike
  • Has anyone experienced a clicking sound coming from the front wheels? This seems to occur predominantly during turns at slow speeds. The service technician said it was too new a car to properly diagnose and that it needed to be further broken in (i.e. >1500 miles). I'm past 1500 miles now and still hear it. He thought it was some type of plastic cover inside the wheel that needed to seat properly and with more time (heat and pressure) it would do this. (2007 Armada LE)

The sound is similar to the clicking you would hear if you taped a playing card partially between the spokes of your old bicycle back in the old days!

Thanks! :confuse:
    Sounds like either some kind of shipping material that wasn't removed properly or the front CV/Axle causing the issue.

-mike
  • valntnvalntn Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 Armada LE. I can't figure out how to make the door locks lock automatically. On the navigation system, I was able to put in to lock in 1 minute, but it didn't work. Can anyone help me?