Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Hey Walinares, I DON'T WORK WORK FOR NISSAN either...
  • Guess what Walinares? I DON'T WORK FOR NISSAN!
  • brad701brad701 Posts: 20
    You are "pretty sure I work for Nissan"? You should do a little more homework before you accuse people of things you have no idea idea about No, I DON'T WORK FOR NISSAN!!!
  • shark715shark715 Posts: 380
    In case the situation is not already crystal clear to everyone, I DON'T WORK FOR NISSAN either!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    I don't either (although I drive a Nissan minivan). Let's move on shall we? :shades:
  • One comment I will make. Look on the left border of this page. Nissan does have a lot of guts posting an Armada advertisement here given the nature of what is being discussed in this thread :-) I'll bet Walinares would take great delight in "hijacking" the ad...I can imagine some changes he might make to it :-)
  • ,Thank you for the observation. My last words NISSAN DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO SPEAK OUT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS ARMADA HAS
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    That reminds me - we're trying to make it easier for people to find info on the forums (including Nissan problems) so we're shifting away from the big problems discussions like this one towards more "individual" issue ones. Don't be alarmed if this discussion goes to read only mode soon - it's not a conspiracy. :shades: You'll still find all the Armada problems (and hopefully some solutions) gathered under the Armada group.
  • Dear Victim,

Hire a shark, sue Nissan, make the rest of us pay, and ride the bus. As for me, I'll continue to enjoy my '04 Armada. I had the full brake replacement at ~9K (Dealer called me to bring it in--completely unsolicited..thanks Peoria (AZ) Nissan), and with 33K, I still haven't had a single problem--even the OEM Contitracs still have another 10-15K left on them.

Trade in your Armada for something seemingly more useful for you--public transportation...I'll wave as I'm flying by with a smile on my face.

Steve
    Peoria AZ
  • I am as well not the VICTIM but my crushed wife and OUR UNBORN Child was. I glad you have had no problems and are very well pleased. I am just in search of others who have had any similar problems to where Nissan will fix the problem and will not give the problems. Hopefully this will never again happen especially to happy pleased customers that are pleased not trying to make the rest of YOU pay for my WIFE and UNBORN daughters loss and PUBLIC Transportation as you fly by with a smile on your face. Hopefully you or your family will never have to suffer through this . I will not and would wish this on you or anyone. :) :)
  • What did you do to get the problem fixed. My Armada is doing the same thing and I don't want the dealer to try and tell me it's a unique problem and charge me crazy money. Thanks.
  • Am I reading this correctly, you're saying that you got into an accident caused by the brake problem and your pregnant wife was killed???
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    arichards2,

Fortunately, that was not the case. Robinj1 also posted this a few days back: robinj1, "Nissan Armada Problems/Solutions" #336, 12 Oct 2006 3:54 pm

It's very disturbing and we wish her a speedy and full recovery.

Robinj - you didn't mention the condition of your child. Is he/she okay?

tidester, host
  • pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    It's been awhile since my last post but I'd like to say I'm looking to purchase another Armada after the 1st of the year. Bought New 04 in Dec 2003, had the brakes fixed at 20k now have 45k with no problems. If there's something better out there to purchase, I'd like to see or hear about it. It's hard to beat the package Nissan gives you with the Armada for the money. What's better?
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    Pmtre,

I have been looking (my 04 Armada got smashed)and must admit, not much even comes close. Test drove the Sequoia better quality fit and finish, but no where near the size on the interior. Trade off that I liked on the Sequoia is the 3rd row slides forward for more cargo space...Tahoe-quieter ride than my Armada, but 3rd row is a joke. I don't think my 4 y.o. would fit back there. I am not a Ford or Dodge person, so I can't speak for the new Exp. or Durango as I wouldn't even consider them. I currently have a GMC Yukon XL as a rental and must admit I am quite pleased with it, but must admit it is a bohemouth and still seems to have less 2nd and 3rd row legroom...The thing I do love is having a cargo area to load stuff, which is non-existent in the Armada with the 3rd row up...Just my 2 cents...I'm sure the flames for all I have mentioned will follow... ;)
  • i had no choice but to take it to the dealer after it left me stranded at disneyland any ways lucky for me they said the problem was the car main computer that was bad and was still covered under the 60 thousand mile powertrain warranty ,i have 58 thousand miles now. i will be picking up the car tommorow since they took 2 weeks to finish supposedly the part took a while to get.also they told me that there is a recall on some harness related to the car computer that maybe caused the problem but they were out of that for another week hopefully everything will be fine and ill keep you guys posted
  • I picked up my car Armada yesterday morning from service. They claimed it was a low battery and replaced it for a total bill of $250.00 Crazy!! Then while driving home from work that evening, guess what? Yep, stalled again just like before. Please let me know what ever harness or computer problem they fixed. I too am at about 50K miles and am outside of warranty. If I had something to show what the problem is maybe they'll actually take a look at it. Thanks
    Bobby
  • (See 304)It has been quite a while since I posted, but here goes. After the service dept. at my selling dealer priced me almost $1500 for a repair, I took my 2004 Armada to another dealer (#2). I told #2 about all the doubts I had about the bogus diagnoses I had been getting. I told #2 to take the time necessary to properly investigate my complaints...primarily the stalling of the engine while driving, and a popping noise when I turned the wheels sharply at low speed. After 9 days of careful inspection and considerable driving of my vehicle #2 found the problem with the stalling of the engine was the FUEL PUMP!!!.
  • Could you Please get in contact with me about your situation with your Armada Rollback problem. My Aramada did the same thing but went foward as well. If you still have the lemon please personally e-mail me at RJLurch@aol.com. Thank you and hope to here from you. I also have contact the DOT/NHTSA about the problem. Thanks, jason :)
  • I have a 2006 Armada. In the sand (I live in the middle east)I get a grinding noise from the front left when I turn to the left.

Dealer says it's 'normal' ..never had it in my Patrol.

He checked all the bearings (vehicle had 1500 miles on it when i first noticed it)...

Any ideas? Is it normal? ..can't see why.

Regards,

Pete