Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

1161718192022»

Comments

• I talked with a parts manager at one of the Nissan Dealerships this past weekend, it looks like there is going to be a recall on IPDMs for the Amarda's. He told me that the prices of the part has doubled from 164.00 to 346.00 at the dealerships. He said about 2 weeks ago, they decided to do a recall on them, so be on the lookout. I know that is it a popular item right now, seems everyone is having an issue with them.
  • I just found the link for the recall for the IPDM. Recall should start December 2010.

Here is the link to the recall:

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/recalls/nissan-recalls.html
  • pfirefighter2pfirefighter2 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I have an '06 Armada SE. When I first purchased my Armada it ran like a champ. Later it began hesitating while going down the road and eventually got to the point where it would die and sometimes not restart for a while, if at all. We received the recall letter and had the ECM relay replaced. Since then it worked good for a while, but now it has a severe hesitation/will not get over 2000 or so rpm's. It seems as though the timing is off. My wife carried it to AutoZone and they placed their diagnostic scanner and got the following report.

1 MAF sensor
    2 Large Vacuum leak
    3 Catalytic Converter
    4 O2 Sensor

I can replace parts with the best of them, but my diagnostic skills are lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Boaterkevin
    I have a 2008 Armada that has the same thing going on. I have carried into dealer, of couse they say they can't make it do the things we say it is doing, so we are having to live with it at this time. Servicwe maaer did some playing wiht the switches in driver side door and said he had it reparied. Friday an Saturday they went down on thier own so I don't think anyone is playing with your keys. Some one mentiend auto battery may not be strong enough to handle all electronics, am going to look that way. However, it was doing this with 10,000 miles and it now has 44000 miles. I know it is aggrevating as with rain in auto, someone stealing with windows down, etc. If I find out for sure I will reply to you.
  • I have a 2005 Armada and so I noticed my exhaust hanging the other day and this morning I went out to see what happened. It has came loose from the catalytic converter. It look like there was a clamp there of some sort that rusted away. Any help???? Anybody know what part I need and i can fix it myself. Thanks
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    Mine rusted away behind the muffler. I just went ahead and replaced from the cat back with a Gibson Side Swept exhaust. $450 shipped and it has a great mellow tone. Not loud at all....
  • Gibson seems to be the manufacturer of choice. I see a lot of people recommending it. Thanks
  • Mine was the brake booster
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    My 2008 Armada would squeal on cold, damp mornings. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the serpentine belt for $175 and the noise is gone. I know there are folks who do it themselves because they buy the belt for $50, but they did it in an hour and it was worth the charge to me.
  • tcolon68tcolon68 Posts: 1
    Im considering change to synthetyc oil on my 09 armada after almost 30k, my ? is what kind or brand should i use or what's best for phoenix, Az climate?