Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I have the same thing happen but my daughter burnt her hand. Called nissan they said there was no recall and I should bring it in to the dealer. So pay 50.00 bucks to have some guy say yup she stays on.And then what......They will fix it or pay. You would think in this day with all the crap going on that service would be a top thing guess nissan has no respect for the peaple who buy there cars..
  • bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Posts: 31
    Folks, I have an unique problem. My 2006 Armada, the needle on the speedometer feel off and is sitting inside the clear plastic. The warranty is expired so how do I go about getting this fixed? I really don't want to go back my dealership for this one.

Thanks in advance.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    The tach needle was sticking on my Nissan Quest. I removed the cluster from the dash and tweaked it a bit. Maybe you can open yours up and figure out how to reattach the needle.

fwiw, here's how mine went:

Fixing a Stuck Tach in a Nissan Quest

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jsnierijsnieri Posts: 1
    Hey My car stalls and looses power after it has been running for an hour or so on long trips. It will begin to loose power and then stall and backfire if I try to accelerate when going uphill, and then will not go over 2000 rpm . I discovered on a trip from the beach yesterday that if i turn the motor off, i get power again, but then eventually the same issue comes back--- Didnt know what you eventually figured out what the issue was---thanks for your help j
  • momof4nowmomof4now Posts: 7
    Sounds like the same thing our did. We finally found a nissan dealer (in Ft Lauderdale, Fl) that was able to diagnose the problem and fix it! It turns out it was the fuel pump. It has to be tested under pressure to find the problem. Hope this helps! Cost was $800 parts and labor to fix the problem, but its been 2yrs and we have had no problems since!
  • jaytolljaytoll Posts: 1
    What modifications, if any, need to be made to my Armada SE to safely "flat tow" it behind my motor home ?

Jay Toll
  • I HAVE 2007 ARMADA. I HAVE HAD 3 FUEL PUMPS 1 @ 20K MI, 1@56KMI AND NOW 1 TODAY @ 80K MI. THEY HAVE A FUEL PUMP PROBLEM. NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE FROM THE PUMP.
  • I have a 2005 Armada and was having the same problem with stalling, this past weekend, I purchase a IPDM (Integrated Power Distribution Module) from the dealership for 137.00 and replace it, so far no issues. At the dealership they call it a controller, it is under your hood behind your battery black fuse panel. It only took 5 minutes to replace and only tool that I needed was a screwdriver. Look at post # 612, it has a link that shows you exactly what to do to replace this.

Thanks ginor for your post!!!!
  • shrpsaw, the problem is the IPDM, not the fuel pump itself. Try that and you should be good to go. I changed mine this past weekend and have been driving it everyday since and so far no problem. Read post #612 and it will show you the diagram on how to replace it yourself. Called a Controller at the dealership. Total cost of repair for myself 147.10
  • I talked with a parts manager at one of the Nissan Dealerships this past weekend, it looks like there is going to be a recall on IPDMs for the Amarda's. He told me that the prices of the part has doubled from 164.00 to 346.00 at the dealerships. He said about 2 weeks ago, they decided to do a recall on them, so be on the lookout. I know that is it a popular item right now, seems everyone is having an issue with them.
  • I just found the link for the recall for the IPDM. Recall should start December 2010.

Here is the link to the recall:

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/recalls/nissan-recalls.html
  • pfirefighter2pfirefighter2 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I have an '06 Armada SE. When I first purchased my Armada it ran like a champ. Later it began hesitating while going down the road and eventually got to the point where it would die and sometimes not restart for a while, if at all. We received the recall letter and had the ECM relay replaced. Since then it worked good for a while, but now it has a severe hesitation/will not get over 2000 or so rpm's. It seems as though the timing is off. My wife carried it to AutoZone and they placed their diagnostic scanner and got the following report.

1 MAF sensor
    2 Large Vacuum leak
    3 Catalytic Converter
    4 O2 Sensor

I can replace parts with the best of them, but my diagnostic skills are lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Boaterkevin
    I have a 2008 Armada that has the same thing going on. I have carried into dealer, of couse they say they can't make it do the things we say it is doing, so we are having to live with it at this time. Servicwe maaer did some playing wiht the switches in driver side door and said he had it reparied. Friday an Saturday they went down on thier own so I don't think anyone is playing with your keys. Some one mentiend auto battery may not be strong enough to handle all electronics, am going to look that way. However, it was doing this with 10,000 miles and it now has 44000 miles. I know it is aggrevating as with rain in auto, someone stealing with windows down, etc. If I find out for sure I will reply to you.
  • I have a 2005 Armada and so I noticed my exhaust hanging the other day and this morning I went out to see what happened. It has came loose from the catalytic converter. It look like there was a clamp there of some sort that rusted away. Any help???? Anybody know what part I need and i can fix it myself. Thanks
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    Mine rusted away behind the muffler. I just went ahead and replaced from the cat back with a Gibson Side Swept exhaust. $450 shipped and it has a great mellow tone. Not loud at all....
  • Gibson seems to be the manufacturer of choice. I see a lot of people recommending it. Thanks
  • Mine was the brake booster
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    My 2008 Armada would squeal on cold, damp mornings. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the serpentine belt for $175 and the noise is gone. I know there are folks who do it themselves because they buy the belt for $50, but they did it in an hour and it was worth the charge to me.
  • tcolon68tcolon68 Posts: 1
    Im considering change to synthetyc oil on my 09 armada after almost 30k, my ? is what kind or brand should i use or what's best for phoenix, Az climate?