Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• opie2000opie2000 Posts: 1
    I bought my Armada last May and will be taking it in for the 4th brake job to fix the juttering. I also pursued an attorney to have the dealership buy my Armada back. Their first offer was $2,000 to walk away and be quiet. I declined it and my attorrney has filed a formal complaint with the California Superior Court. This was filed on 4/27/04 and will hopefully get this resolved quickly. We'll see though. It's my first time in the process. I am very tired of dealing with this issue and having my family driving around in an unsafe vehicle. Good luck to all with the same issue! Let me know if you have also had any luck with this process.

Thanks!
  • tt30tt30 Posts: 31
    opie2000,

Whats the mileage on your Armada? My local delaership here in MN had replaced the overhead panel, by then broke the headliner and had to replace 20 many different things inside - now some panel became loose and I have to take to the original dealership that sold Armada to me.
    The delaership that is close to me (Maplewood Nissan) basically gave up and could not fix the problems they created. I'm afraid the original dealer might not fix them as well. Is the lemon law different in CA?

:lemon:
  • karatemomkaratemom Posts: 1
    I just took my Armada in for the 3rd time.
    1st time- the emergency brake would engage all by itself- you would have to stop the vechile, put it in park and turn it off to reset it- hard to do when on the interstate. 15,000 miles
    Fix- Bad censor
    2nd time- had to push brake all the way to floor to stop-
    Fix- Bad cable 18,000 miles
    3rd- Vibration- need new brakes and rotors 24,000 miles

Nissan dealer advised me that the rotors on the Armada and the Titan truck are to small. New ones are being manufactured now.
    Temp fix- They put on new pads and turned the rotors until the new ones come in which is now mid- June.
    I was told this is not a recall- customers that complain about vibration and need new pads and rotors will be done under warranty. You will also receive a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Does anyone way squeeky windows???? Mine squeek everytime you roll them up or down.
  • aggiedogaggiedog Posts: 238
    I guess it's what part of the country you live in that determines whether your dealer gets the new rotors sooner or later. I took my 05 LE (7700 miles) in for service and the brake issue. Mine started "acting up" at about 5500 miles and got progressively worse. The new ones, which are the new updated rotors with the other parts too, are great. I barely have to touch the pedal and this thing is ready to stop.
  • schmisaschmisa Posts: 1
    Just purchase a 05 Armada on 5/14/05. Brakes seems rock solid. The production date on the vehicle was 4/28/05. I hope that means the brakes are the new replacements. Thoughts??? Did anyone notice a difference between the replacements and the original brakes(even when they were new).
    I got mine in December 04. To me, the new brakes feel better than the old brakes when new. They told me my rotors were out-of-round. So I guess they were oval. Or square even. My service advisor said that there's no guarantee these new rotors where going to last either. We'll see.
  • simon10simon10 Posts: 1
    I just bough a 2005 LE Nissan Armada. Unfortunately I became aware of the issues shortly after. I am within 72 hours of purchase and also do not have solid papers signed as there was a mix-up with interest rate. I want out. The dealership is not being up front with me on the problem and the fixes. Can anyone refer me to a good attorney in arizona to assist? The dealership is saying they have a no return policy and I have to take the car. I am in process of filing an attorny general claim and have since dropped the car back off to them. Thanks in advance.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,139
    Since you've contacted your AG, you know there's no three day cooling off period for buying new cars in Arizona (or any other state that I know of). (Arizona Attorney General).

There's a bit more in this archived discussion:

dewey1995, "Can you return a new car within 3 business days?" #1, 1 Sep 2003 4:36 pm

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• rosie726rosie726 Posts: 40
    Having our SIXTH brake job done!! This is the New Updated fix, guess we'll see what happens. Definitely DOES NOT include calipers. The technician said that (calipers)is PROBABLY something else that will need to be addressed at a later date. Great!
    "Nissan in total received high marks for improvement," so maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

J.D. Power Quality Survey (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yea, no calipers here either. You have to wonder if anyone with the old brakes can stop this truck while towing upwards of 9k lbs? It can't be a good feeling.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Posts: 91
    Well finally my parts came in and I got the brake fix today. I can say that my brakes never felt so firm before. I can tell a big difference just in the feel. I hope they last. I also had them to tighten the passenger sun visor as it loosened up and the trim popped off. Also my drivers door hinge is loose and you could open the door and hear it pop. I looked at it a few days ago and noticed when I moved the door, the top bolt on the door was loose so you could move the door a little when you picked up on it a bit. So they fixed that to. The funny thing about the visors is that when I bought my Armada, I was pulling out of the lot and dropped my visor before I hit the street and it came loose, conked me in the nead and fell in my lap. I think this was an omen to things to come as this thing has been in the shop off and on more than any vehicle I have ever owned. Actually more than all of them put together have ever been in. Roof fix, rear bearing fix, you name it and I have probably had the problem. Mine was bought in Nov. '03 and of course is an '04. I hope I can finally start to enjoy it. Love the look, don't like some quirks with the suspension and the way the wheel bounces back and forth when you hit a bump. It isn't right, but they tell me it is normal. I will probably keep it a year or so more and then decide what to do with it. It is a shame though that they put out a product with so many problems.
  • gondogondo Posts: 5
    I'm not sure there is any improvement in the armadas / qx56s. According to the article the supposed improvement is for initial quality. If you do a J.D. Power rating on these cars the 2005s still get the lowest grade for Body and Interior Quality and Overall Quality, and the armada dropped down 1 level to the lowest grade in Mechanical Quality matching the qx56.

I don't think there is any light at the end of the tunnel for prospective buyers to be able to buy a solid armada / qx56 product and I definitely don't think there is anything for current owners to get excited about. We are stuck driving vehicles that nissan won't / can't fix.
  • shcbbeshcbbe Posts: 3
    I have a question for u Armada owners. Have any one had problems with there tires? I have a 04 with about 27K miles and my tires are wearing premature they are starting to feather and cup. I don't know if this is something to add to the list of problems but it has been a concern and was wanting to know if any one has had the same problems?
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Posts: 91
    I don't think it is the tires as much as the factory sending out the vehicles with improper alignment. (see bulletin on nissanhelp.com) When I took my vehicle in which was many, many times, I told them to look at the tires. They said nothing was wrong. I rotated them at every oil change until about 18k miles. At around 12-13k miles, I ran over a long bolt and it actually came into my tire and was rolling around inside. I made it to the station to get the spare put on. The tire was ruined but it didn't matter as it was bad anyone. It was worn out and I was going to replace it. I ordered a new tire, left on the spare (had it balanced) and put the other worn tire on for the spare. Now I have 23k miles and the other 2 tires are worn out. I just replaced them last week. I asked Nissan for them to finally do something and their response was sorry your warranty for alignment ran out 500 miles ago, so we will be glad to do it for 79.95. I told them to forget it and took it to Sears. From the factory, it was found all 4 wheels were out of alignement. (just like bulletin said) Nissan said they would have done it if I hadn't of let the warranty lapse. I told them, I asked them at every oil change when I rotated the tires why they were wearing so badly but they said it was normal. They said, well sorry but you didn't ask for an alignment. Can you believe?? There are many, many more people like us out there that had alignment problems. They are using the warranty period to get out of making any repairs. I should have gotten a new set of tires out of the deal but I got nothing.
  • shcbbeshcbbe Posts: 3
    This suv started out as a great idea, but as we all know all great ideas are not great. I am so disappointed in this truck. I wish Nissan would would fix the outstanding problems and not give us a bunch of grief. Remember Nissan if it wasn't for us consumers buying your products were would u be? :mad:
  • dee17dee17 Posts: 1
    In January, I bought a 2005 Pathfinder.....not the Armada Pathfinder. My truck is 4 months old and only has 8300 miles. I took it in this past weekend for it's 7500 mile maintenance and for the repair of my 3rd row seat that would no longer fold down. Part of the maintenance was to rotate my tires. While driving my car home I noticed the steering wheel vibrating only when I drove over 60 mph. I took my truck back to the service dept and the assistant manager stated they would balance my tires again. He also made mention that my tires we cupped. He then stated that if the problem continued they would give me an alignment. Needless to say, my steering wheel is still vibrating.

I'm very concerned that I just purchased a vehicle with so many problems. I too have problems with the driver and front passenger window shaking when rolled down. I also hear a rattling noise when driving on the freeway with the windows up. It sounds like something is loose somewhere. I just feel like a NEW car should not have be having these problems. I shouldn't have to replace tires after every rotation because they are cupped. I'm not sure what the dealership is going to tell me, but I will keep pressing until they fix whatever the problem is or I'll have to get rid of it.

I'm very disappointed right now. My previous car was a brand new 97 Altima. I had it 7 yrs and I loved it. I expected so much more from my Pathfinder.
  • wydopnwydopn Posts: 5
    I just successfully sued Nissan over my Armada. Nissan agreed to purchase my truck back and paid me over $8000.00 which covered all my payments, plus my down payment, minus .20 a mile useage fee. I am a broker and have sold many Armadas and Titans - all of which have many problems. My Armada had 9 separate brake failures of one sort or another during the first year of ownership. This is in addition to multiple other interior build quality failures from door hinges to body panels to electrical issues to the center console falling down while my wife was driving.

I filed a complaint with the BBB which is a complete waste of your time - I lost and the BBB gave Nissan another chance to fix it. My lawyer advised that the BBB program is funded by the auto industry so it's a rash of crap. Nissan corporate did show up and blamed the Nissan dealerships for all of the issues because they were not doing the repairs correctly and so they claimed they shouldn't be held responsible and the BBB agreed. Nissan's corporate representative even confirmed on the recorded record that Nissan still doesn't have a solid solution to this problem as they are currently on their 4th revision of brake components - He says they have a dedicated team in California which they flew in from Japan who's only job is to solve this issue!

The BBB is content to allow us to continue beta testing Nissan's faulty products, but I was not. I contacted a lawyer. It took about 2 months and we actually had to file suit before Nissan would even respond. I am much happier in my new Lexus and have had no failures of any kind in the first 3400 miles (my Nissan had been into the shop 4 times already).
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    Nice job. Yes the BBB is bunch of crap that's funded by the auto companies. They hand pick their arbitrators such that the consumer have little chance in winning. I'm glad that you hired an attorney and won your fight. Just hope your Lexus works out. Just curious who is your lawyer?????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Just curious who is your lawyer?????

You can take that to private email if either of you choose to make your email address visible in your user profile.

tidester, host
    My profile's been updated so you can see my email address. Drop me a line if you'd like that information.
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    What about the firms name?? No one is hear is degrading another persons character if you worry about liability.
    Check the Rules of the Road link above under "Soliciting."

Steve, Host

• ldpldp Posts: 8
    My name is Luan Pham I purchased and 04 Amarda I would like to get your attorney name and phone number I am so sick of this suv my AC is out at 10575 miles. need to get out of this truck. this SUV is in the shop for 4th times already and tomorrow will be the fift times and all of the problems are difference. My alignment,backup sensor,driver side chair,tire pressure gage,tire ballance and nerver ending brake problem and now the AC is out.
    they fixed my after 2 times and then the whole power window go bad.So they replaced new motor and sensor and seals.
    I got the same problem the fixed my both of my back and driver side windows twices.YOU are right the wife will win 99.9 % of the time.I traded my 01 sequeido toyota for this one It was a dumb moved.
  • rosie726rosie726 Posts: 40
    Anyone else feel like they "slide" out of the front passenger seat??
  • stef89stef89 Posts: 1
    I tried sending you an email but it rejected. I have 12K on my 2004 and it has been in the shop 4 different times for new brake kits, bolts, and resurfacing rotors. I contacted Nissan and got a case number but that didn't help.

Can you check your email in your profile to make sure it is correct? Thanks!
    Yes, it is correct as others have been able to reach me. Be sure you are spelling it correctly - it's all alpha, not numeric. wydopn@hotmail.com
  • chip88chip88 Posts: 3
    Picked up my '05 Armada in late March. Upon giving it it's first bath, I noticed a foggy appearance to the lower half of the front bumper. It would not come off as it appeared to be a flaw in the manufacturing process.

After showing it to my dealer, he agreed and ordered me another front bumper. When I picked it up, the fogginess was gone, but now it felt as if sand was on the bumper. If I were to wipe it with a paper towel, pieces of paper towel would sick to the "bumps" on the bumper. Another bumper was ordered but it was the same.

I contacted Nissan1 and was told, even after they spoke with the service dept. about the "texture" of the bumper, that there was nothing wrong with it!!! It was designed that way!! I asked her to send me that in writing. She hasn't and will not return my phone calls.

They have stated that there is not a problem and they will do nothing about it. Meanwhile, my dealer states they are going to order other bumpers. They (the dealer) said they checked other bumpers on their lot and almost every one has fogging or a rough texture around the lower half near the center.

For a $45k vehicle, I expect more, am I nuts??!! My 8 year old Mitsubishi Montero (with 138k miles) has smoother, clearer, chrome bumpers that this truck. I just met a guy with an '04 with a hazy, milky finish as well.

Has anyone else noticed this on theirs??