Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I am the "04 guy" with the same issue. My milky finish is located on the lower right side of my bumper near the towing hook. The only reason I noticed it is b/c of running into the above gentlemen in a chance encounter. We didn't know one another at the time, but the we had the Armada purchase in common and swapped our bad stories on the car. Mine was the brake chatter or warped rotors that he informed me was a common epidemic for the car and then we talked about his bumper issue. I too was giving my car it's first bath at home when I noticed the same problem with my bumper. I think most people wouldn't notice it b/c most people probably run this beast through the car wash and the area that is the problem is out of sight or under the bumper.

Since then I have spoken to the Sales Manager whom is the only one taking initiative and is helpful in fixing these issues, Nissan One whom is a total waste of time and the Service Manager whom is also a waste of time. When I brought my car into the sevice dept to show him the bumper issue, he stated that the problem was with "Oxidation." That is ridiculous. This car has 6,500 miles on it, the bumper is metal with a chrome finish and he is telling me that this is oxidation and that it is normal for the car. He got down on and scratched the "oxidation" from the bumper with his finger nail He said that I need to use a chrome cleaner to clean the bumper and I won't have that problem. Give me a friggin break. I told him about chip88's exact same issue, his dealership's help, the bad replacement bumpers being shipped, etc. He just blew it off totally.

Now the interesting thing is that the Sales Manager told me that he is aware of the chrome finish issue. The Murano's are having a big problem with the chrome finish peeling off of their front bumpers. That particular dealership has Murano bumpers in stock b/c the problem is so bad. The real kicker is that the chrome finish on the bumpers they have in stock is peeling off. If the Murano is having this issue and the Armada is having the issue, then all Nissan cars with a chrome finish is going to have this issue to some degree. It is only logical. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. :mad:
  • I have the brake issue on my 04 Armada. The dealer has acknowledged the issue and put me on their "List" for replacement of the rotors and pads. In the meantime, they have given me a temporary fix by turning the rotors and putting new pads on the car. They call this a "Level 2 Repair." I told them whatever, just get me the new parts when they come in b/c I am not letting them turn my rotors, lower the life of them and expect them to call it a day. As for the tire issue, my car is out of alignment for whatever reason brakes, etc. What do you suggest I tell the dealership to solve the problem b/c I don't want my tire life wearing down due to their quality control issues with the car.
  • I have the 04 Armada and I am really pissed off about finding out about all these problems after I purchased this car. This is my first new vehicle purchase for my family. I spent $45K and I feel like I have been totally had. Brand new cars are not supposed to be a problem.....I would expect this kind of crap from a used car and frankly, my used cars have all been a lot less problematic and cost me a lot less more money. I have experienced too many issues with the car already and I want to get out of it and get a real car for the money. Does anyone know of a good attorney for IL Lemon Law? :mad:
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    I understand your delima. Nissan treats their customers like mushrooms.They have not been straight foreward with their customers. I am extremely disapointed with them. As you, I spent quite a bit of money on this SUV thinking I was getting japanese quality. Might as well take the ARMADA and squeez it into lemonade.

I would suggest to google it. Type "Lemon law Illinois" and you should get some reputable national LL firms. Since I can't mention their names or the law firm's name in this BB this would be the best approach. Make sure you have all the paper work and make sure you meet Illinois requirement for a lemon. Good Luck.
  • camlamarcacamlamarca Posts: 40
    "I'm being told August before they expect to receive the new rotors, is that what you've heard?? "

Nope. In fact I took mine in over the weekend, the service manager said he just got 50 kits in, and now I got the new stuff. I totally thought I would have to go through a round of rotor turning and returning another 2500 miles later.
  • tt30tt30 Posts: 31
    How much did you pay to the lawyer who won this lawsuit?
  • allrevsallrevs Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anybody know how to program the power door locks to lock after starting the car. All of my previously owned vehicles did that and I think it is a very good idea when you have children in the back seat. Any information on this topic would be appreciated.
  • ncl1ncl1 Posts: 1
    I just purchase a 2005 Armada SE in March '05 and have had serious problems with both the brakes and the alignment. I had a very close call trying to control my steering/braking in rainy conditions driving @ 25mph. Hydro planed 5 times within 60 miles. Also, my tire pressure light keeps coming on even though my tires have the appropriate amount of air. The car vibrates, shimmies and shudders at all speeds making it hard to control even in the best of conditions. The truth of the matter is that Nissan sold a defective product that is compromising our safety & is dragging their feet in providing us with the parts that will fix this issue.
    Also got an SE in March 2005. Mine runs fine, I even got the new brake system already without issue. The new brakes stop great, and hardly the amount of dust compared to the originals, and still have 3yr guarantee on them. I also ran the pressue sensors through an exhastive test just to see how they worked . . individually. The system has no troubles. I think some road bumps are transmitted to the steering wheel a little more than desired, but the steering responsiveness exceeds expectations for the vehicle size. I'll take the trade off. My biggest recommendation now is a split 3rd row.
  • ratscar1ratscar1 Posts: 1
    I too will never by Nissan again. Here's my story - I bought my 04 Armada in Dec 03. I normally research the heck out of cars but I got the truck for my wife on impulse. Boy was I sorry. The infamous brake problem started about 3 months later along with the drivers window not going up completely and rattling inside the door when fully down. They could never quite fix these items. Not to be out done the overhead console began squeaking and then the back end of it broke loose from the ceiling for no reason at all !! I had the truck back to the service dept 5 times in 4 months. My TL has NEVER been back to the dealer for a problem in 5 YEARS. I knew a first year production model would have kinks to work out but I was banking on Nissan's reputation. After doing some homework and reading the forums I realized there were some real design problems. Bottom line: I traded in the truck after 8 months for a 4Runner. I took about a $4k hit. Thought about the lemon law but I just wanted out. It's about one year later and these forums tell me nothingt yet has changed. Nissan is DESTROYING its reputation FAST with this truck [Armada/Titan]. Too bad they are not being stand up guys about these serious issues and because they are not I will NOT consider buying another Nissan/Infiniti product ever!!
  • james28james28 Posts: 2
    I have just started to read these messages. I purchased a armada 6mths ago from east tn nissan. this is the worst excuse for a vehicle i have ever owned. it leaks water, air leak around the back door, transmission has a shutter in it, and it rattles to high heaven. i cannot get the dealership to fix the brake problem. i had to get a lawyer and guess what..........the next week the parts are available now. after 6 months of shaking i have no desire to keep this vehicle or ever own another one. nissan is refusing to accept our lawsuit so i will have to take it to court. I could not get anyone at east tn nissan in upper management to call me back. thier receptionsist offered to give the number to their law firm so i could file a lawsuit. People can try to put on blinders but this vehicle sucks as well as the management as nissan motor. I will NEVER own another nissan and u will be a fool to buy one with this kind of mentality manageing nissan.
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    If you meet your states minimim requirements for a lemon, Nissan doesn't have a leg to stand on. They will loose and waste even more money. Chances are they will settle out. If you don't meet your states lemon requirements then Nissan has a right to fight. Since the brakes is a known industry problem, Nissan might as well wave a white flag or say "uncle".
  • jjames32jjames32 Posts: 1
    I would like to know how long was the wait time for the rotors. I bought my Armada in January, 2005 and after the first 2500 miles I found out I had warped rotors and that the new ones were on back order, this was in May. My rotors have been cut once since then and they need to be cut again. I like my Armada but I do not like the feeling of being put on hold by Nissan. I am very disappointed with Nissan, I made my purchase based on the success my brother and husband have had with their Nissans, they have owned their cars for more than seven years. I believe this will be my first and last Nissan! :cry: :lemon:
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Posts: 91
    I received mine a couple of months ago or around that. My friend asked 3 weeks ago for his and they told him 1 week. He never got a call so called today and they said they had 18 people ahead of him so there is no way to know how long he would have to wait. I waited for 1 1/2 years. I got mine in Nov 2003. Seems to work but after waiting so long, you lose your love for the vehicle for sure. Not counting all the other problems this thing has. Good luck and join the crowd. This should be an out and out recall. It is ridiculous that it isn't.
    No wait for me. I drove in on a Sat. last month, expected a cut, instead got the whold new system. Service manager said he just got 50 sets in. No dust!
  • wydopnwydopn Posts: 5
    This is an edited posting which has been revised and reposted with the sincere desire to not "solicit or promote any products or services, self-promote, or implore readers to take actions that are intended to further a personal purpose." I do have a suggested solution that proved successful for me however the rules of this forum don't allow that I provide it to you directly through the forum.

I won. I sued Nissan over my 2004 Armada brakes, center console, electrical, windows not working, etc. The BBB Arbitration was a total joke as their auto program is funded by the auto industry. It cost me nothing. My lawyer won and Nissan bought the truck back and gave my money back - $8040.00 which included my down payment. I was responsible for .20 a mile only.
  • deann1deann1 Posts: 1
    Are you still having problems with your 2005 Armada? Have you reported the problems to the dealer?
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    I finally have a brake issue with my Mada.. I have about 16K and the brakes are beginning to squeal like a stuck pig...I am guessing that the pads are worn and and these are the screech bars... Back to the dealer again...

BTW does anyone elses vents sound like the door at the haunted house when you change how the air is coming out. When I switch settings (upper to lower vents) and a couple of minutes after you shut the truck off and they all close it sounds like a door with a rusted hinge...
  • doy2410doy2410 Posts: 2
    Hey I also got an 2005 SE Armada in May. I'm just wondering what kind of brake system they put. Do you have to pay extra or the Nissan would do it for free? How much? Thanks.
  • No, it's free and guranteed free fixing for your first 3 years of ownership. Even if you have 50k miles at 2 years, still free to replace all until you reach your 3 year purchase anniversary. Nissan did issue this in writting, just ask your service manager for a copy. New, more durable front rotors, better front and rear pads. I don't know who the mfg is, but it's specifically for Nissan Armada/Titan. I'm sure there's no better out on the market now that Nissan ran out of options. It's costing them for this, but certainly less than buying back a few boatloads of Armadas and dealing with legal issues afoot.