Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 495
    RE: windshield replacement. Check with your insurance provider or state insurance departement, but in S.C. the insurance company pays 100% of cost to replace windshield by state law. This includes dings, cracks, whatever. It is up to owner to determine replacement vs. repair.
    Other states may have same law.
  • 2003 Lexus E300, started fine this morning, did errands, came home, appx. 1 1/2 hours later, car won't start. I wonder if this "not starting problem" has anything to do with the immobilization security or key.on this car. I have been having trouble with my LoJack and keyfob/battery.(keeps calling me in error, wasn't reading itself properly) I have replaced the battery on both sets of key fobs (and the battery in the Lojack keyfob}. All accessories still work inside the car, the car is just dead. The battery is new last year and checks out as good. doing a jump did not start the car. This is my first time on this forum but I thought I would sign up here and see if I can get some help. thanks in advance to all who are willing to contribute. Jo
  • We replaced the water pump and removed the timing belt, now the vehicle will not start, we think the timing belt might not have been lined up, would we have possibly damaged the valves. Is this vehicle a non interference engine or an interference engine. I have not removed the head to check for damage, because the toyota dealer told me that this is a non interference engine? How do I line up the timing marks? 1992 Lexus ES300 V-6 FOURCAM 24
  • MikeMike Posts: 13
    Hi, a few days ago the auto door locks stopped working when you move the shifter from park to drive. The manual had a rather weak description of how to program this function. I tried it every way that I could interpret the manual (yr 2008) but, no luck. Can anyone describe this process? Or, has anyone else experienced this? Our closest Lexus Dealer is 90 miles away. Thanks for any help.
    Mike
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Well, I thought this was an interference engine too, but the dealer should know probably more than I do. I just had the timing belt replaced on my 96, and everything went fine. There are arrows on the pulleys that show you how to line up the belt, I'm told...... But if it were just off a little, the engine should run albeit badly, not just refuse to start at all. I'm wondering if something simple wasn't hooked back up.
  • tpllostpllos Posts: 1
    I would like to know how to take my nav unit out. Are there instructions available?
    Thx
  • I have a 2007 ES350. I change the oil myself. I had no problems when I changed the oil+filter at 10,000 miles. The car has about 15,000 miles now. Yesterday when the oil filter (whole filter-element and casing) was removed, I could only drain about 1 quart of oil, then the flow stopped. I have to momently crank the engine a few times to squirt out the oil. Each crank would eject about 1 quarts of oil.

I need help! Thanks.
  • wangguywangguy Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    I have an '02 ES 300. My inside trunk release button stopped working today. The remote still works. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Maybe a fuse? Any help is appreciated.
  • I had a similar problem with my '05 ES330. But I figured it out...On my model, there is a button inside the glove box which de-activates the trunk release. Probably a security issue to keep a valet out of your trunk when you use the valet key. I don't know if the same is true with the '02 model, but open the glove box and look for a small switch - mine is in the upper left-hand corner of the glove box. If that switch gets accidentally bumped, the trunk release will not work but the remote will still open the trunk....
    Regards...
  • Thanks for the info. That was the problem, don't know how it got shut off.
  • richbf2richbf2 Posts: 72
    my 330 has 93k on it. Manual says to replace t/b at 90k. 90% of my daily commute is freeway and i usually easy on my gas. Do you think i push it to 100k? thanks
  • lexhoulexhou Posts: 81
    just sold 330- 04 yr model...it had 110,000 miles on it...had no timing belt issues...thats just one of those you had to go with gut feeling one way or other.
    edited March 2010
    thanks for your prompt response. My next question is one of my headlights is burned out. Since it's hid, it's costly to replace it. I dont want to go to dearler for this. Can i replace it myself? Do you know any body trustworthy for this task? what is your recommendation? :confuse: Thanks
    edited March 2010
    One of my headlights is burned out. Since it's hid, it's costly to replace it. I dont want to go to dearler for this. Can i replace it myself? Do you know any body trustworthy for this task? what is your recommendation? Thanks
    cant help with HID's ....of course one I'm getting in 10 days will have them ...but mine 04 did'nt have hid headlights....not sure of difficulty to replace, my suggestion would be to fine very reputable mechanic shop in area you live for something like that...maybe one is set up to work on lexus..bmw..acura etc...they're out there and very likely hourly chg less than dealer. good luck
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Would there be replacement instructions in the owner's manual?
    as mention I'm not in ownership of es350 yet ( 10 more days ) so cant really say what is in ownership manual..sorry cant help
  • mpuddanmpuddan Posts: 1
    DASH BOARD HAVE THE FOLLOWING INDICATORS FLASHING
    1) TRACK OFF (FLASHING)
    2) ABS (CONTINUOUSLY ON, STEADY)
    3) ENGINE CHECK (CONTINUOUSLY,STEADY)

ERROR CODES P1410 , P1411 AND P0773

WHAT IS THE REMEDY.
  • I recently moved to a small town and my 2009 ES350 is due to 15K maintenance. The closest Lexus dealer is 2 hrs away, however there is Toyota dealer in town. Please let me know if I can take the car to Toyota dealer for 15k maintenance?
  • somum1somum1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hello, I have a Lexus ES 300 2002. Few months ago, I started hearing loud road noise coming from front tires that would increase with the speed, I was told that tires had feathered due to bent front shocks and I would need new shocks for front, I had replaced these same shocks in 2007 and put on 40,000 miles since. I had also bought 4 new Michelin Weatherwise from Costco in 2008 and put on 30,000 miles since. Also, my car is suddenly giving me from 25 miles/gallon to 13 miles/gallon. Here are my questions.
    1. Is the life of these struts only 3 years or 40,000 miles? Is there generally a warranty on struts?
    2. Can bent struts cause tires to feather/warp so bad that they will cause extreme road noise especially for Lexus?
    3. Can bad tires cause the mileage to drop from 25 miles/gallon to almost 13 miles/gallon?
    4. If I were to change the struts, get the alignment done and buy new tires, would it fix my issue of road noise and mileage?