Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• richbf2richbf2 Posts: 73
    my 330 has 93k on it. Manual says to replace t/b at 90k. 90% of my daily commute is freeway and i usually easy on my gas. Do you think i push it to 100k? thanks
  • lexhoulexhou Posts: 81
    just sold 330- 04 yr model...it had 110,000 miles on it...had no timing belt issues...thats just one of those you had to go with gut feeling one way or other.
    edited March 2010
    thanks for your prompt response. My next question is one of my headlights is burned out. Since it's hid, it's costly to replace it. I dont want to go to dearler for this. Can i replace it myself? Do you know any body trustworthy for this task? what is your recommendation? :confuse: Thanks
    edited March 2010
    One of my headlights is burned out. Since it's hid, it's costly to replace it. I dont want to go to dearler for this. Can i replace it myself? Do you know any body trustworthy for this task? what is your recommendation? Thanks
    cant help with HID's ....of course one I'm getting in 10 days will have them ...but mine 04 did'nt have hid headlights....not sure of difficulty to replace, my suggestion would be to fine very reputable mechanic shop in area you live for something like that...maybe one is set up to work on lexus..bmw..acura etc...they're out there and very likely hourly chg less than dealer. good luck
  • twinbtwinb Posts: 140
    Would there be replacement instructions in the owner's manual?
    as mention I'm not in ownership of es350 yet ( 10 more days ) so cant really say what is in ownership manual..sorry cant help
  • mpuddanmpuddan Posts: 1
    DASH BOARD HAVE THE FOLLOWING INDICATORS FLASHING
    1) TRACK OFF (FLASHING)
    2) ABS (CONTINUOUSLY ON, STEADY)
    3) ENGINE CHECK (CONTINUOUSLY,STEADY)

ERROR CODES P1410 , P1411 AND P0773

WHAT IS THE REMEDY.
  • I recently moved to a small town and my 2009 ES350 is due to 15K maintenance. The closest Lexus dealer is 2 hrs away, however there is Toyota dealer in town. Please let me know if I can take the car to Toyota dealer for 15k maintenance?
  • somum1somum1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hello, I have a Lexus ES 300 2002. Few months ago, I started hearing loud road noise coming from front tires that would increase with the speed, I was told that tires had feathered due to bent front shocks and I would need new shocks for front, I had replaced these same shocks in 2007 and put on 40,000 miles since. I had also bought 4 new Michelin Weatherwise from Costco in 2008 and put on 30,000 miles since. Also, my car is suddenly giving me from 25 miles/gallon to 13 miles/gallon. Here are my questions.
    1. Is the life of these struts only 3 years or 40,000 miles? Is there generally a warranty on struts?
    2. Can bent struts cause tires to feather/warp so bad that they will cause extreme road noise especially for Lexus?
    3. Can bad tires cause the mileage to drop from 25 miles/gallon to almost 13 miles/gallon?
    4. If I were to change the struts, get the alignment done and buy new tires, would it fix my issue of road noise and mileage?
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Can someone tell me the oil filter diameter(mm) for the 2006 Lexus ES330?
  • donb1donb1 Posts: 49
    I am considering buying either a 2011 Toyota Avalon or a 2010 ES350. I am trying to get a feel for the cost of a normal warranty service for the ES as compared to the Avalon. Can anyone give me an idea of what it might cost for 2 years worth of services? Toyota now is offering a 2 yr maintenance free program. Thanks
  • Hi, I have a question regarding the recent oil change in a Lexus dealership. A few days after the oil change in this Lexus dealership for my 2007 ES350 I went to a local garage for changing tires. The mechanics there told me the engine oil was over filled. And I checked it at next morning when car was cold, it was about half inch over the max mark at the oil stick. I called the Lexus dealership and the service person said I need to come in to get the oil drained and refilled. And then her supervisor called back to say this is normal. No need to worry.
    I want to know if you have similar experience, and if the overfilled engine oil is okay to the car. Appreciate if you could share your thought and experience,
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    edited December 2010
    First, read all the fine print in your warranty book. Next, I would call the Toyota dealer and ask the service manager - maybe get his email address and send him an email so you get something back in writing. Fortunately for me the local Lexus dealer is close. They did tell me that I could use a Toyota dealer if I was on the road and there was no Lexus dealer nearby. Best of luck to you, and enjoy your ride.
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    Who do you trust, the tire dealer guy looking for service business (otherwise why would he snooping around other parts of your car that you didn't ask him to look at) or the Lexus dealer's service department, who warrants their car and their work? I don't mean to be condascending, but those tire stores are notorious for snooping around cars looking for service business, whether the car really needs it or not. I also have a 2007 ES350. After I read your post I popped my hood (first time ever) and checked the oil, it was slightly above the "full" mark, and that car's never been anywhere but the dealer. I'd put my faith in the dealer. :)
  • I too have a 2001 ES300 and I have a similar problem and it happens mostly when the car is approaching second gear..mostly between 30-40 mph. I took it to my mechanic, he took it for a test drive and said it was the engine mounts. The rear one especially was gone and when the car shifted the engine was knocking around. He popped the hood and shifted it back and forth from drive to reverse and showed me. I thought it was going to jump out of the car. I'm waiting for the last part but so far it's costing me about $600 labor and parts. Places like Firestone only care about selling you tires and getting into your pockets one way or another. If you have a reliable, trustworthy mechanic (I know, they are almost non-existent) let him check it out it could make all the difference in the world. Word to the wise...if you have firestone do their suggested repairs and there is nothing wrong with your tires and then there is, firestone will NOT stand by their work and your warranty on your tires will be null and void.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Word to the wise...if you have firestone do their suggested repairs and there is nothing wrong with your tires and then there is, firestone will NOT stand by their work and your warranty on your tires will be null and void.

I have to agree with you.
2»