Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti EX35 EX37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new EX, cg62. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real-world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent pleasant dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 2008 EX AWD Journey - Premium, Lux Style, 18" Wheel package, cargo cover, mud guards. Sticker $43.5K. Selling price $36.5K. Traded a less than perfect condition 2002 325i w/over 100K miles for $5,500.

42 month lease, 15K/year. Lease cost: $420/mo includes PA 10% lease tax. Absolutely no money out of pocket down.

I think it's a good deal given I bought it for $3K under invoice on a lease. They offered me nearly $10K off the sticker on a buy, but I didn't want the higher monthly payment (even with the bigger discount), and I didn't want to try and trade this car in five years - given that it is a 2008 model and has been a really slow seller here in western PA. We only have one Infinity dealer within 100 miles of where I live, and they have never had a 2009 model year EX.

I love this car, but given how slow a seller it is (I have yet to see another on the road), I don't expect it to be around in five years. I'd have probably bought a G (I'm more of a car guy than a truck/SUV guy), but I couldn't get anywhere near as good of a deal on a 2009 G37x. If you want one of these, a 2008 on a lease is the way to go.
  • In Texas, IFS is having a quick window of opportunity - tax credits from 9/3/09-9/8/09. This should help about $50 a month. :D
  • Hi Car_man.
    May I ask if the lease money factor has changed for September?
    - 39 month lease
    - 2009 EX35 Journey AWD Nav/roof
    - 12,000 miles/year?
    Thanks again for this very usefule forum!!!!
  • Does anyone know if any of the $4000 dealer cash can be used for leasing?

Thx
  • Hello,
    I am negociating a lease and I am not able to use the $4,000.
    infinitiusa.com mentions a $399/month deal for a lease
    Good luck
  • You certainly may, sq1831. And I'll even answer :). Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 EX35 Journey AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi vermin3. Unfortunately, the $4,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is NOT compatible with Infiniti's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ex4ex4 Posts: 1
    Car_man;
    Do you have the lease rates for:
    09 EX RWD Journey w/premium package
    15k miles
    36 months

Thanks
    C
  • Hey all,
    Hubby and I own an 08 G37"s" and love it..have had it for a little over a year--bought new. Just had a baby and want a little bigger vehicle for my daily driver--not going to trade in the G, we love it too much, but are interested in this $399/mo lease special that Inifiniti is advertising on the Ex. We're not familiar with lease processes, but from what I have gathered, this seems to be a pretty decent deal. Any room for more negotiations on this, or is it pretty much cut & dry?
    It's 36mo lease, 3699 down, 399/mo, 10,000miles/year, based on MSRP of $40,265.
    (09Ex w/Bose/Nav and Around View Monitoring pckgs)

I'm just completely clueless about leasing, b/c we've never done it before...can anyone explain it to me in simple #'s? Thanks so much!!! :)
  • Advertised lease specials are pretty much worthless. They advertise a low payment because you have to put down a huge down payment. It is a horrible idea to put down more than first payment, bank fee, doc fee and TTL on a lease. The down payment in the lease ad doesn't even have doc fee and TTL included, so they want even more down then the $3699 for the $399 payment. On a lease if your credit is good you can put down any amount you want. I leased a G last month and put down $496, or the first months payment.

Leasing is just like buying, you negotiate the selling price of the car, not the payment. Before you jump into a lease you might want to check out a site like Leaseguide.com

BTW the EX really doesn't have much more room than a G.
  • Here you go, ex4. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 EX RWD Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can someone please assist me on crunching numbers on a selling price for $37,500 for 10k miles and a 36 or 39 month lease. I am willing to pay taxes and fees up front- and reducing the cap cost a bit. Can I get different scenarios- I am trying to get payment around $400 but don't think the $4k deal that Infiniti is offering is a good one. Thanks so much!
  • Hi jenp123. One needs both a vehicle's MSRP and its selling price to calculate a lease payment on a vehicle. You only provided the latter. Let me know what the MSRP is and I will gladly crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenp123jenp123 Posts: 39
    Sorry about that- the vehicle's MSRP is 42,700, selling price- 37,500 (I am not sure if that is even a good deal). Instead of 36 and 39 months comparison, can you show 24 and 36 instead?

Thanks so much!
  • Don't worry about it, jenp123, it happens all the time. You definitely do not want to lease this vehicle for only 24 months. Infiniti is not providing support on two-year leases any longer.

OK, let's crunch some numbers. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $42,700 and a selling price of $37,500 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $430.

Car_man
    Host
  • digital_bdigital_b Posts: 126
    I don't mind doing 36 months for this car but I would DEFINITELY do it for no money down. I have a credit score much higher than infiniti needs for qualifying so is there a real chance this could happen? the dealer I am communicating with is on record as saying they wont be beat on price and acknowledges a deal referred to on edmunds in which the price was reduced by 7000 dollars for this vehicle and it was loaded.
  • Digital_b, consumers can always lease any vehicle that they are interested in without paying a capitalized cost reduction, regardless of what their credit score is.

Car_man
    Host
  • dkny330dkny330 Posts: 18
    Got a price on a lease for a 2009 EX35 AWD Journey with Bose.Navigation and Around View Monitor. The price was $522 a month with taxes rolled in for 15K miles a year, 39 months and only first payment plus bank fee up front. And they would pay my last 2 payments on my current Infiniti which amounts to $1K. I was told the payment for a 2010 would be $20 higher and they wouldn't be able to take care of payments. I believe the MSRP was somewhere around $40,500 and they were giving it me at invoice, somewhere around $37,580.

So two things? How's the price on the 2009? And is there really much difference in a 2010?
  • dkny330dkny330 Posts: 18
    Can this get passed on to customer for a lease or is it only purchase??
  • Car man,
    I am looking for a new EX 2010.
    do you have the Residual, MF for 2010 EX Journey AWD w/ prem and navi all around view, with 15k miles per year, for 36 months, and 42 months?

thanks!!
  • Hi dkny330. Unfortunately, the $4,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2009 EX35 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey flashzoom. Here's the info that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00191 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00237 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car Man,
    thanks for the info!! that helped a lot.
    quick question tho...does the MF, and Residual change every month?
    since the # you gave me are for Oct, would it be different if I guy the car in Dec or Jan 2010?

thanks,

flashzoom
    I have been quoted 35593 and 35168 for 72 month purchase prices on 2010 ex 35 journeys, awd, fairly loaded [no tech pkg] . assuming I pay the state tax on the sale up front, what would the monthly payments be using infiniti's 2.9% interest rate. I know I qualify.

thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,160
    $35,593 at 2.9% for 72 months is $539.20/mo.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Digital B,
    which state are you in?
    and quotes you got, does it include navi and all around view camera?
    Massachusetts. yes it includes those items. its a membership offer so its not for everyone.
    thanks. thats LESS than I am paying now for a 48 month lease on my IS 350. yes I look stupid.