Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti EX35 EX37 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    Models -awd-rwd-10k miles-15k miles-journey-base- 36 month-39 month -- too much for me to comprehend -- ask car_man. :confuse:
  • Hi Jonas4,
    you are incorrect.
    if same car for 39 months @ 10k give you Residual @60%
    then the same car fo 39 months @ 15k will give you a lower Residual < 60%
    if you drive a car for 10k a year, and compare to a care that drives 15k a year, of course the 15k will worth less at the end of the year.
    example 2 used 2008 EX35 fully equip. one has 10k miles on it, and other one has 50k miles on it. which one are you willing to pay more for it?

so the residual rate should be right. if you are not sure if the dealer is lying to you? well go to a 2nd deal see what they offer you. you can't have two dealer lying about the same thing with the exact same residual #, and payment.
  • Any help here will be appreciated.

The lease on my 2006 Infiniti FX 35 is coming to an end this month. I am looking to lease again with Infiniti but I want a lower car payment this time, so I am considering the EX. I would expect I would get a good deal since I would be a repeat lease customer, but I may be wrong.

The car I want is (in Atlanta, GA):
    2010 EX
    RWD
    Premium Package
    Bose w/Nav Package
    Technology Package
    MSRP: $43,395
    39 month lease
    15,000 miles/ year

The dealer is offering:
    .00122 money factor
    50% residual

I read in a previous post that IFS was offering 55% residual in Jan. Is this residual number standard across all states? Is it up to the dealer to decide this number?

I am not sure exactly how much off of the MSRP they are offering, but the latest monthly payment they quoted me was $539/ month including taxes. I was expecting $515/ month including taxes.....was I expecting too much?
  • rcarflrcarfl Posts: 2
    I went to a dealer to get pricing on the ex 35 journey with nav package and the salesmen told me inifinity is longer offering lease programs for the 2009 model only for the 2010, which he quoted me at MF 00122 and 53% residual on a msrp of 39485 , which as his calculations, the monthly payment would be 585 plus tax and I would have to put around 1700 for insception ( tag, taxes, fees and first month) I do not understand why they do not want to lease a 2009, is this for real?
    is there a website where I can check if there are stil 2009 lease available? also,
    what is the 2010 correct residual for a jorney rwd, and the MF? for a 36 months with 10k thanks
  • jonas4jonas4 Posts: 17
    Flashzoom,
    I'm not questioning the fact that the residual will be lower with a higher mileage lease. Rather, the degree of change. I have always leased with 15K, and the difference in residual between 12k and 15k (an additional 3K) has been 1% or 2%. Here, for an additional 5K miles, it is a 6% difference. Thus, I was hoping that Car Man, who apparently has access to IFS rates, would confirm the rates. A couple of posts back he was jealous of a warm weather poster from Arizona, so maybe he himself has gone on vacation somewhere warm.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    15k is the normal lease for IFS, 12k adds 1% and 10k adds 2%. This is probably old news to you by now...but there you go.

If you go over 15k, it is 10 cents per mile to buy up front. :)
  • waltazwaltaz Posts: 123
    car_man, or whomever, can you post the Feb. leasing numbers from IFS for the EX35 as soon as you know them? I'm looking at a 2010 EX35 Journey, both RWD and AWD, for 15K miles/year and 36 or 39 months. I almost have a deal done, but was unable to close it in Jan, so I need the Feb. numbers.

Thanks!!

Walt
  • Everyone (including Car_Man), what do you think of this deal:

2010 EX 35 Journey AWD

no options

MSRP of $38,405
    Dealer price of $35,650
    about $1,200 down (including 1st months payment)

39 mos/ 12K miles

payment $449/mo (includes tax)

sound like a good deal?
    Using the 1% rule you got a pretty good deal. 1% of msrp = 384. That is a pretty good payment to shoot for before taxes and fees. Under 1% is a great deal but there are very few of those around. You are probably a bit over and the lease is for 39 months not 36. There might be $500 left in the sales price. There is a poster here that is a sales mgr for a dallas infinity dealer -- wonder what his take on the deal might be?
  • Hi jonas4. While dealers are allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up from time to time, they generally are not allowed to alter their residual values. The 54% resid that you were quoted for a 39 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year is correct.

There must have been some sort of miscommunication about the residual for the base AWD though, because it is actually higher, 57%, not lower than the Journey's resid.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi irepeat. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 EX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 55%, respectively. This is a national lease program that should be the same throughout the country. Individual dealers should not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rcarfl. What you were told is basically correct. The only 2009 models that Infiniti is still providing lease support on are the G37s. One can not lease an '09 EX through Infiniti Financial Services any longer.

IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, Walt. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00121 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00122 and 53%.

IFS' numbers for a 36 month lease of an '09 EX35 Journey AWD are .00137 and 55%. The 39 month numbers are .00138 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi aandclaw. The vehicle that you're interested in has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That means that the selling price that you were quoted is only a couple hundred dollars over invoice, which is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer is using Infiniti Financial Services' current 39-month buy rate lease money factor of .00138 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • sufansufan Posts: 6
    Hi. I stopped by the local dealer and asked the sales person to e-mail me a quote. Here is what I got as a starting point on a AWD Journey for 39 months and 12k per year:

MSRP $40,555 (includes "complimentary" navigation and Bose upgrade with all around camera @ $2150).
    Selling Price - $39,490
    Residual - 55% or $22,305.25
    Money Factor - .00138
    Up Front Money - $2,896 which includes tax, DMV, Gov fees, and Bank fee, first payment
    Monthly Payment - $525.91

I am on the fence on this car - haven't even test drove it yet. Can anyone confirm my "inititial deal"? Obviously there seems to be some room to go lower for the selling price but what would be a reasonable price? Also, anyone know what the "Gov Fee" is? I am assuming they mean government fees but what is that all about? Also, I'd prefer 36 months vs 39 so how would that affect the deal?

Thanks for any insight.
    Folks are getting 4-5k off msrp. That would change your lease rates by about $30 per thousand less. You should be offered no more that 36k on the cap cost.--Maybe 1-2k less.
    Thanks Jayrider that should be a big help in negotiating a final price. My other question is does anyone have any experience with this car in snow? I live in one of the most snowiest cities in the country. I used to be a jeep owner but like the idea of having a "sports" car with some four wheel drive capability if it can really handle the snow.
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    My EX 2wd does really well in the snow and ice with Michelin Xi2 snow tires. So AWD with snow tires would give you even more initial traction but of course it doesn't do anything to help with braking on the slick stuff.
  • That would make the lease close to $410. Is this possible?? That would be amazing if true!
    Well I took a test drive and told them I wanted a better discount off the selling price. The sales manager said he can't do any better on a lease but could give me another $2,500 on a purchase. I walked out. Guess I could try a dealer in another city or just get something else.
  • flashzoomflashzoom Posts: 64
    edited February 2010
    Sufan,
    ok..if you are looking for the Journey AWD + navi & avm
    selling price will be around $34000 + TTL
    if you can go lower that will be great
    but that's the fair price. try to use that set your guideline.
  • I'm looking for the MF and Residual Rate for a 2010 AWD Journey for a 24 month lease at either 10 or 12K per year. Also, is the only deal currently available for return customers ($500 cash), I'm going to be turning in my 2008 EX soon? Thanks!
    I spoke to a dealer in a city 2 hours away. For a 12K 39month lease on an all wheel drive Journey he offered:

bose / nav package MSRP is 40555
    invoice is 37512
    Selling price 38012
    Payment is 511.19 with 1st payment, dmv and tax down.
    Residual is 55%
    MF is .00153

How are people getting this car for $34K???
  • Hi jmmsumru. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 AWD Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

The $500 loyalty cash that you mentioned is the only cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on leases of this vehicle through IFS right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Car_Man,

I have a lease deal on the table for a 2010 Infiniti EX35 AWD with AVM-Navi, Premium and Technology Package. No 18" wheels though. I've just been emailing back and forth with the guy, but here's what I know...

MSRP $45,075.00
    Sale price $765 over invoice (whatever that is)
    .00138 MF
    54% Residual
    39 month lease
    12K miles per year
    $1,750 drive off check
    $550 a month which includes 7% tax

Is there some sort of incentive on the AWD models that I haven't read about? The quotes I've been getting all seem better than the RWD models. This particular lease sounds too good to be true.
    May be too good to be true --- put your deposit where his mouth is and see if there is a ooops I forgot this.
  • car_man or other hosts and participants:

Here's the "final" offer from my local Houston Dealer with a VPP discount on a EX35 Journey:

MSRP $36,865
    VIP-VPP Sales Price $32,878

$0 Down
    Total Fees at signing = $282.85
    Lease Pmt = $478.51
    39 Months
    15K/ yr mileage

It has a stated residual of 53% ($19,538), and a money factor of .00208 which is higher than what I've seen as IFS's published rates.

Any guidance or comments much appreciated! Thank You.
    I read somewhere that Infiniti is offering dealers $3,000 of hidden incentives until March 31st. Is this true and does anyone have advice on getting dealers to pass these incentives along?

Thanks.
    I'd love it if there was a "hidden" $3000 incentive for leasers. Last month there was a not-so-hidden $3000 available for purchases only, not for leases. The Infiniti website has added a 1.9% financing option, and has continued their AWD lease offer through March 31st, and included the RWD model into that lease offer too.

Perhaps Car_Man will soon post new MFs and Residuals for March.
    I couldn't do it. As good a deal as it was (I suppose, I never actually agreed and went to sign papers, so who knows what truly might have happened).

But it boiled down to it having too much content, and wasn't the color combination that I liked.

Back to the negotiations table for me.