Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vintage Car Identification Help!

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 35,133
    edited February 2012
    Definitely a 1937 US market Ford. A similar era British Ford had similar but noticeably different styling.
    ·
  • tamangeltamangel Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    looks like the license plate is labeled 1937 also. Some States in earlier days, changed plates every year rather than the current base year and add yearly stickers practice..

here's a link.. edit: for some reason link doesn't pick up..copy link including .jpg and paste in menu bar..should work then..

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/jpglps/USA_SC_GI3_1930's.jpg

so if true, that pic was taken in 1937..

Mike W
    ·
  • Thank you! That's it for sure. LB
    ·
  • Does anyone know what vehicle this might belong to? I found it in my garage!!!!"
    ·
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 46,841
    Ah, that's a 1957 Invisible 2 door hard top! :)

(no picture in your post--let me know if you need help posting a photo!)

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

·
  • garv214garv214 Posts: 162
    Did you notice that Claude Rains and Harvey the Rabbit were in the picture as well... :P
    ·
    YES I DID! :surprise:

·
  • jhud0377jhud0377 Posts: 5
    I need help in identifying a car in a photo. It is a 1947-1952 wagon. The hood ornament is an eagle, or it appears, there are two circular headlights, a single, not segmented, windshield. I have a good photo, but can't figure out how to post it. If you are good with this era of cars, send me an email and I will send pic that way. I think it is a 1950 Pontiac, but not sure.
    ·
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,881
    You can google just about any car and click on 'images' to see if your guess is right. For example, here's a photo of a 1950 Pontiac wagon, is this it?
    ·
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: US 25 & US 40Posts: 18,950
    edited July 2012
    Just post the picture on photobucket to a free account and then link to that image in your post here. Someone on the forum will know the vehicle.
    ·
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,904
    I'm not sure about an eagle but Packards had a winged hood emblem>

Did it look anything like this>

52 Packard wagon

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

·
    ·
    ·
    Still no luck. Any ideas?
    ·
    ·
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: US 25 & US 40Posts: 18,950
    edited July 2012
    That's a 1953 Chevy.

·
  • I know I shouldn't be looking at the automobile. And I know you can't see much of it. But any guesses as to what this car might be?

It "feels" mid-60s GM A-body to me, but then I can't seem to fully match its visible characteristics to such cars via a Google image search. The vent window seems slightly too swept-back, the door panel doesn't seem to match anything I've seen factory (is it custom?), the mirror is missing (but is a flat, chrome disc on the driver's side), the rims look like aftermarket products, and part of the front quarter badge appears to be missing.

Thanks in advance for any help or guesses.

Photobucket">
    ·
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,267
    It might be a 1965 Chevrolet Impala as I can make out the letters IMP near her right leg.
    ·
  • glenncravenglenncraven Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Ah, you have better eyes than I do at this age. I was thinking that was a busted-up emblem, but you're probably right. THANKS!

I found a lot of pictures of Impala SS models from the era and they have a script-style "SuperSport" in that location. But the plainer-Jane Impala (which the amateur model here certainly isn't) had block lettering "IMPALA" and the emblem with the African antelope just behind the fenderwell.

So it's probably a GM "B" and not an "A." The only A-body in the photo is the young lady.
    ·
  • Who can tell me wich car is that in the picture, tks!!
    http://alturl.com/a4ugp
    ·
    1937-38 Willys, rare then and much less common today.
    ·
    Gee back when Americans knew how to dress. :P

·
  • surfaceunitssurfaceunits Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    My uncle says this is a 32 Pontiac Roadster, but googling that doesn't show a car this small. It looks to be a convertible.

image">
    ·
    Looks like a Model A to me.
    ·
    edited September 2012
    don't think it's a 32 Pontiac...I don't see landau bars for the top.

Why do people always stand in the EXACT place I need to look at to identify a car? :P

·
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,904
    edited September 2012
    Fintail is right, it does look like a Model A but then so did everything in the early 30s

Your uncle is probably right, popular-price roadsters and coupes back then weren't all that large.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

·
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,427
    I'm gonna guess 1932 Ford Model A. I googled some pics, and the Chevy had landau bars, just like the Pontiac. The Plymouth didn't have landau bars, but the back window had a bit more forward rake to it. The Model A rear window was totally upright, though.
    ·
    I am pretty sure it is a Model A. They are pretty small in 2-door form, looks just like that car. I don't know how to distinguish the year of an open car from that angle, but it is 1928-31.
    ·
  • I have some old photos of my parents and they have this car which I am not familiar with, these were taken in Hong Kong in c1952. It could be a Hillman cos after this car they definitely bought a Hillman. To view the pictures go to this Skydrive site:

http://sdrv.ms/QpxfaP

Thanks in advance.
    ·
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,375
    Without doing any research, it looks like a 'late '40s Holden to me. That would be an Australian General Motors car, but it's just a spontaneous guess.
    ·