Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vintage Car Identification Help!

191011121315»

Comments

• texasestexases Posts: 5,610
    "So basically, this thing has been a project car for about 45 years now!"

That guy makes building the pyramids sound like a rush job! ;)
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,010
    That guy makes building the pyramids sound like a rush job!

My coworker, who has known this guy a lot longer than I have, said that he's a procrastinator. So, given this 45 year track record, I don't think this '54 Benz will ever get put back together. I think it's pretty wild, that this car has been in parts for longer than I've been alive!

I was impressed, too, that after 6 years of sitting on my property, all four tires on that '52 parts car still held air. I had never bothered to put air in them, and as far as I know, the owner never did either. He would come by every once in awhile to put a box of parts in the car, or take something out, but that was about it.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,057
    Ah, well, such is the fate of cars that aren't worth the cost of restoration, or that fall into the wrong hands.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,825
    Yep, I am pretty sure that's a 220. Like Shifty says, it's a parts car now, restoration would be insane, I'd wager a lot more than restoring a fintail.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,753
    I'm three months late here but that Buick is a 1950 for sure.

For some reason, 1951 side trim has been installed. I've seen that done before and I don't know if dealers were doing this or people were trying to give their 1950 and updated look.

Personally, I don't like that look on a 1950.
  • lostwrench1lostwrench1 Ct.Posts: 476
    It is 1950 side trim which was used on the 50 Buick Riviera Model 72.
    The 1950 Model 75R also had it.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,753
    I would have argued with you but after spending some time looking, it appears you're correct.

Most 1950 Roadmasters had that single horizontal stainless strip on the side.

Now, I've seen a couple with the '51 trim on the sides but I always figured it was some dealer installed accessory.

I still don't like that look but that's me.

When I belonged to the Buick club, one of our members had the nicest 1950 Super I've ever seen. 25,000 original miles!
  • truelife1truelife1 Posts: 1

Any ideas on the identity of this car in attached photos? I thought 1939'ish Chevy, though unsure of model. Thanks!

car_front.png 416.1K
    car_side.png 255.7K
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,057

I'd say 1939 Chevrolet Master Deluxe JA 4 door sedan but really I"m not sure. The model designations for these cars is very confusing. That's a pretty rare car BTW.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!