Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• Thank you for that post.
    I too have a 07 XLS and have also noticed a rattle at time that from your description sounds very much like mine, I have never suspected the sun roof though.
    Next time I hear this I'll put pressure on it and see if it also is coming from there.

Thanks again

Sheldon
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,861
    Yes, I think you are right about learning to drive without tc. It should make you a better driver. I'll know to disengage tc next time in get in a fix like that ! The Avalon is a great car, enjoy, and welcome to the good ol' U.S.A. !

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    Visited my local dealer today & the sales Mgr. said there will be an all new 2010 Avalon in the showrooms
    Sept/Oct of this year. No details on the car, yet; but he said his onfo is straight from Toyota USA.
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    On this board see post #23 dated Nov 16th... Japan always knows first as it's the home office where all major decisions are made. Only after the big decisions do the area people, like Toyota USA, get involved. My last discussion on this subject with the dealership connection did not provide anything new, just confirmed a different car...again. All spy pics welcome! :)
  • neil5neil5 Posts: 118
    I have 2008 LTD and have 40+K miles and no problems quiet, great milage, lots of electronics, GPS least favorite, JBL and BU camera most favorite. I am happy owner.
    would buy again
  • mffan310mffan310 Posts: 7
    Well, I went to the Toyota dealer yesterday to ask when they were going to get in the new 2010 Prius (answer was late May/early June), and I also asked about other new non-Prius product launches, particularly hybrids.

Turns out that the head salesguy at the dealer had just talked with the TMS Chicago Region rep, who had told him about three new Toyotas (2010/11 4Runner, Avalon/Avalon Hybrid, and Sienna/Sienna Hybrid). All will be launching in the fall (they were originally going to launch on the auto show circuit, but cost cuts in the auto biz, including at Toyota, put a halt to the plans).

Anyway, here's a few details of the 2010/11 Avalon:
    -One trim level, like Venza, with choice of packages. Toyota wants to make Avalon more affordable to appeal to younger buyers.
    -Choice of 3.5L V6 for gas model or new Hybrid model with 3.5L V6 + 3G Hybrid Synergy Drive. (Hybrid should get lower-mid 30s MPG combined city/highway.)
    -Many Lexus-like features, like Lane Keep Assist and Intelligent Park Assist, along with a roomier interior.
    -Production starts at TMMK in the fall.
  • kenb757kenb757 Posts: 149
    Love to get a US version of the Crown Majesta as the new Avalon:

http://toyota.jp/crownmajesta/exterior/garally/index.html

In any case, looking forward to seeing any spy pics of a new Avalon. Anybody seen anything around Toyota Sales in Torrance, CA? Western Ave. and 190th St.
  • nceencee Posts: 419
    As would I:)

Boy that sure looks like a great car. Here's hoping.

Skip
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,161
    The 5th. generation Crown MAJESTA (S180) is a huge V-8, rear-wheel drive car weighing in excess of 4,000 lbs and costing more than $69,000. Nice car, but probably above the price point for a Toyota. Read more at http://www.answers.com/topic/toyota-crown-majesta
  • mcclearyflmcclearyfl Posts: 149
    Speculating on Toyota's Japanese models as replacements for the Avalon is a lot of fun, but the reality is very different. The Avalon is a North America-only model, and probably doesn't have the sales volume that would justify its existence, except for one thing. It is manufactured at the same Georgetown Kentucky plant as the Camry, and there are procurement and manufacturing synergies that make the car worthwhile from a profit perspective.

Any significant deviation from its Camry-derived platform and running gear would put the Avalon in an unsustainable market position.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,861
    I believe the Avalon is currently using the old Camry platform (2006) as basically the Avalon body hasn't changed since 2005. So maybe at least they will be changing over to the new body.

Of course I could be wrong if the 2005 Avalon got the new body before the Camry?

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,161
    As the chart shows with each passing year sales of a model declines so based upon historial precedence the Avalon cannot survive unless a new model is introduced.

US Calendar Year Sales
    2000 --104,078
    2001 --83,005
    2002 --69,029
    2003 --50,911
    2004 --36,460

2005 --95,318
    2006 --88,938
    2007 --72,945
    2008 --42,790
  • nceencee Posts: 419
    It will be interesting to see what 2009 brings for sales.

It's not just the aging of a model now, it's also the economy, other models and simply do folks need a new car?

Many of us, currently have a new enough model, and those that don't, may not have a job, or don't know how much longer they will have a job.

Folks are getting much harder to talk into a new car, when they one they have is just fine, or in MANY cases, they are up-side down on the value vs the trade-in or even selling out right price.

I know I paid just months earlier, a price for my Avalon, that at the time was very good ($6.000.00 under invoice), yet now as a trade-in it's worth even less then that by several thousand dollars ; this is to much, for even me to deal with.

I say "Even me" because - if I want something I just buy it:)

Now I'll wait and see what the next model has to offer, and if I WANT it, I'll deal with the money issues and be ok with it. Heck I'm looking into trading for a 2 or 3 year old Lexus LS 430, and we'll be taking a beating - of sorts.

The bottom line here is this.

The automotive industry wants folks to pay a new car, but folks just can't keep doing this every other year, and if folks keep their cars for 5 or more years, which is what they are saying folks are doing, then the industry will have to look at making cars for 2 years, then taking a year off or something weird like that.

But I digress …:)
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Of course I could be wrong if the 2005 Avalon got the new body before the Camry?

In '05 the platform was heavily revised ("all new" according to Yota) for the then new Avalon. The '07 Camry then got the shortened version and the 2GR motor from the Avalon. So as of right now the Camry and Avalon (and Highlander, ES, RX, RAV, Sienna) are all on the same basic platform and engines.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• jemannerjemanner Posts: 9
    I agree to this thread, the Avalon will probably go away in these tough times for auto manufacturers. Besides the obvious, such as very little response to suggested improvements by owners (NAV system, soft handling, etc) there are small indicators unnoticed my some, such as the 2009 brochure being very abbreviated, and dropping the Touring model, which Consumer Reports reported as being the better handling model. I hope I am wrong, but the indicators are out there.
  • jemannerjemanner Posts: 9
    Talked to my dealer today, and if one can believe the sales folks, the Avalon will receive a makeover for 2010. However, he was not forthcoming with any details, if there are any available at this point in time.
  • bl101bl101 Posts: 1
    I spoke to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky Inc., the Toyota Motor Corp. subsidiary responsible for the Georgetown, Kentucky assembly plant that produces the Avalon, on 6/15/09.

They confirmed that a 2010 Avalon will be produced, although they would not share when production of the 2010 vehicle would begin. I inferred from their comments that no significant design changes would be introduced for the 2010 model year.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky Inc. did indicate that the 2009 Avalon continues to be produced. They also confirmed that it is still possible to factory order a 2009 Avalon should you care to do so.
  • kenb757kenb757 Posts: 149
    The Avalon needs a major update or redesign in order to effectively compete with the forthcoming Ford Taurus and Buick Lacrosse, which should both be outstanding cars for the money. The Taurus seems to have more sporty pretensions and its close relationship to the Lincoln MKS is more than obvious. The Lacrosse seems to be more luxury oriented. Both cars in the low $30ks, well equipped. I don't think the 2010 Avalon will be competitive without a major redesign.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Were I managing Toyota the new Avalon would be a RWD clone of Lexus GS with the Venza I4 but upgraded to DFI.