Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Torrent Stabilitrak and Traction Control Lights

Comments

• I've had these exact same problems. I bought my 07 Torrent AWD and it had 8000 miles on it. It now has 85000 but I have been plagued by these lights coming on since I've owned the piece of junk. Dealers tell you they cant tell you anything if the light isnt on when you bring it in. I recently found out that before I bought the vehicle it had problems with the stabilitrack system and had been completely replaced before I bought the vehicle. I've had it into service multiple times. They've tried reprogramming the computer, replacing a connector, and I'm not sure what else but the problem always resurfaces. Lately the service airbag light comes on sometimes as well. It usually goes away when u shut it off and let it sit awhile and restart it. And then maybe 2 miles down the road or 200 miles down the road it will come back on. I also have problems with the rear wiper on the vehicle. Sometimes when u push the button it does nothing. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it and THEN push the rear wiper button then it works. It all just seems like horrible electical issues to me. I'm sure one of these days it will leave me stranded somewhere. I just wish I could get someone to actually help me resolve the issue.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    ronniefannin,
    If we can check into what has been done with your dealership already to see if there is anywhere we can go from here, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2008 Torrent and I keep getting the same service lights on. This has to be a design problem. Why has GM not recalled these trucks???
    cddrums,
    Are you planning on getting this checked into? If you decide to work with a GM dealership, we're available to assist in that process and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership with a brief recap of the situation).

• I recently purchases a 2008 Pontiac Torrent about 5 weeks ago. No problems until this weekend. I am now getting "Service Stabilitrack" warning light and a "Service Traction Control" warning light. The vehicle began to miss bad during my driving time while these lights began flashing on my dashboard. Wasn't sure what to do. I was able to park the vehicle for about 3 hours and the lights didn't come on immediately but tried to once I restarted it again. All seemed well but now the "traction control" light stays on. Not sure if this is normal, do you? I did take the vehicle to be washed at a local coin operated car wash 2 days before these warning lights came on and I'm thinking the Pontiac began missing while driving at about 30 MPH ever since I took a car wash hose to it to clean off salt from snow the other day. Any advice? Thanks-Nita
  • I just bought a 2008 Pontiac Torrent 6 weeks ago (81,000 miles) on it and love it. However, as of this weekend, it is starting to miss while driving about 30 miles per hour. My Traction Control Light is on as well as the Stabilitrack Service Light. I took the vehicle through the car wash 2 days ago and I believe this is when it began to miss/hesitate while driving at a low speed. Were you able to find solultions to your similar problems with this vehicle? Thanks, Nita
    Hopefully you get some input from the community soon, Nita. If you decide to get this checked out with a GM dealer and would like for us to do any follow-up on the appointment, please be sure to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation).

• Hopefully, my Torrent is now fixed after service warning lights for Traction Control and Stability were displayed. Also, my vehicle was bucking and almost stalling when driving about 40 miles per hour. These lights disappeared once the battery was disconnected. The bucking and stalling still continued even after an EGR valve was replaced for $302.00. Come to find out....all I needed was a plug. Callibar 5 went out. Didn't cost me a penney for the plug since the vehicle has a manufacturer warranty up to 100,000 miles (but I was out the $302.00--and I doubt if I really needed that EGR valve). -Nita
    Glad to hear your Torrent has been fixed, nitaboyer! All the best in this new year!

• I too have a 2008 Pontiac Torrent with about 90,000 miles. The service stability track light, traction control, and right front tire pressure lights just started showing up. Today, my car starting swerving from side to side while going around a corner all by itself! I couldn't control this with my steering wheel and there was oncoming traffic. What is up with this? I thought we were going to be really injured or die. No recalls?
  • How did you get the vehicle to stop swerving? You really should report this to Pontiac-GMC. So dangerous. Seems like I've read about this type of problem with Torrents elsewhere. Someone needs to take the first steps in reporting that type of problem.
    mkeinath,

If you would like for us to check for any open recalls on your vehicle, or to help in the process of working with a dealership to get this checked into, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name and contact information, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation so far).

• I have a Pontiac Torrent which has been serviced for traction control and loss power no less than 3 times since buying the truck new in 2007. Unfortunately the problem has occurred again, 4th time. The truck was fixed 3 times under the factory and extended warranty although each time I had to pay to have the computer flashed. It is covered under the warranty but still having to pay to get the vehicle back which is ridiculous. They claim everything else is covered under the warranty but flashing isn't covered although they claim the throttle body wont work without being flashed. None the less, I am now faced with having to have it "repaired" again and wondering do I take it back to the dealer who I bought the vehicle from and "repaired" it on the 3 previous occasions or try a Chevy dealer since the vehicle is essentially the same as the Eqinox. I love he truck when it is running correctly, but tired of my wife getting stuck. The problem occurred twice when she was on the highway and almost caused an accident when she's driving on the highway and the power is suddenly reduced. The dealer claims on all 3 previous occasions the problem was caused by a faulty throttle body. It according to the dealer they solved the problem by replacing it. I Can't understand if others are having his same problem why a permanent solution hasn't been found to correct it. i wonder are the replacement throttle bodies faulty also. Unfortunately it is no longer covered by the warranty so in addition to the $100 + for the flashing ill have to pay for the throttle body and labor to get it fixed.
    daggers,
    If you would like for us to follow up on this with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • christmas day my control panel displayed "service stabilitrak and traction control" and my tracktion control light can on as did my check engine light. Two days later they went off and then came back on. I do not have lose of power or control issues. When its was hooked up to a tested it said my EGR valve was bad and then the light went off and stayed off for a week and then came back on. I have not taken it back to be put on the tester yet. how do you service this?
    Good morning jay_bird,
    Are you looking to resolve this on your own, or with a dealership? If the latter, we're available to help you through that process. Keep us posted!

• jl21jl21 Posts: 1
    This is EXACTLY the problem I am having. I had the EGR valve replaced and the engine light came on 8 hrs. later. Was there any resolution to this??? The on and off has been going on about 4 mos. I am working with a Chevy dealership.
  • I would like to try and fix myself. I can not afford to take it to the dealership all the time. Being a woman the price automatically doubles....
    jl21,
    If you would like for us to check into this further with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • neo3979neo3979 Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent. Here in last couple of days the stabilitrac light comes and and says reduced power. turn the truck off of a couple of hours it goes away. works find when its dry. seem to only come on when the weather is cold, raining, or snow. I do not have much money to get this fix by the dealer since its out of warranty. is there anything i can do to fix this.