Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Torrent Stabilitrak and Traction Control Lights

13»

Comments

• I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent with low engine power and stabilitrak thing. I am afraid to take it to the dealer because I went once for it and it was the thermostat and they cleaned the throttle sensor and now seeing all the issues with it I am worried about how much this is going to cost. Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening?
    ·
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,201

I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent with low engine power and stabilitrak thing. I am afraid to take it to the dealer because I went once for it and it was the thermostat and they cleaned the throttle sensor and now seeing all the issues with it I am worried about how much this is going to cost. Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening?

Hi tricia,

We understand you're hesitant to visit the dealership because of the possible cost of repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and certainly recognize this is inconvenient. If you'd like to send your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and dealer name via private message, we'll gladly contact them on your behalf to further discuss your concerns.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    ·
  • How do I send a personal message to you Amber?
    ·
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 33,352

How do I send a personal message to you Amber?

Click on her membername.. and, you'll see options...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

·
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,201

How do I send a personal message to you Amber?

Just sent a response via private message, tricia! I look forward to speaking with you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    ·
  • wielzwielz Posts: 1
    had stabilitrack light, come on, first time, wheel speed sensor, second time I put on a cheep EGR valve and then that lasted a year, then the light came on again and put on a better quality EGR valve, The seatbelt light is always coming on, I replaced the rear wiper motor, main fuse for the power steering, sensor on the canister box, drive shaft cause there to stupid to put on grease fittings, both front wheel bearings, now its starting to use oil, overall a cheep rattle box, I don't think I will be buying another GM product
    ·
  • ajones10ajones10 Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem. My torrent has been in the shop 4 times in the past 2 months each for 5-7 days at a time.  Replaced throttle sensor, changed wires and again today after getting my SUV back 2 days ago I was faced with the stabilitrak light followed by reduced power.  Unfortunately it is not under warranty so all of these repairs are out of my pocket which is not deep enough to mess with going to the shop again.  Even tried more than 1 mechanic to see what they had to say.  Each trip to mechanic is $600+ and getting rediculous!! Not to mention I am terrified to drive my vehicle.  This just started in January after owning the vehicle for 4 years.  Not sure what else to have them look at?  I agree that gm needs to do something as I am clearly not the only one who has had this happen on the interstate at highway speed.
    ·
  • korsby1korsby1 Posts: 1
    I've had the WORST 2 weeks of my life trying to get my 07 Torrent fixed. It started with an overheating issue that took 4 trips between 2 shops installing new thermostat, manifold, and complete coolant flush to "resolve". But after the 4th visit, my Stablitrac and check engine lights came on and my Power steering went out. I was told that my Power Steering is computer controlled and that it would cost almost $900 to replace (parts+labor). Is there anything else that i can check before I have to take out a small loan just for auto repairs?
    ·
  • sarah7964sarah7964 Posts: 1
    Terrific. It looks I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I loved my car up until I started having all these little annoying things go wrong. The rear passenger door's lock will sometimes work and sometimes not. I took it in last year for that exact reason, and it was fixed. Now, it's out of warranty, and it's still doing the same thing. Today, the stabilitrak light came on along with the ABS light. Maybe I missed the answer, but why haven't they done a recall because of this? 
    ·
  • mary_78mary_78 Posts: 1
    i have the same problem as everyone else the stabilitrak light and engine light comes i just had thottle body oxygen sensors, front struts,stabilize pins,brakes fronts and back, wheel hub on both side front,even a horn put on this truck = when this was perform the lights came on after i got on the highway going about 60 mph , came off to stand still lights came on and haven't went off i do need spark plugs and wires so i'm going to put them on and then hope of lights going off if not it's time to put in for a small claim against General motor because when that stabilitrak comes on and the steering wheel acts up you can terribly have a accident to where there will cause death to people riding in that car you are responsible for those lives. And before it happens GM has the power to fix it at a cost that will not hurt them but if death happen while under these conditions well it want be good for GM, so i advise you people on these blogs to print them out and the number of complaint it's enough to start a claim or send them all to GM and then to who ever in the News Channel or even the President of the United States because they gave them loans of the peoples money so let make them do something ya'll don't wait for some body to die before doing something.

·
  • gillsgills Posts: 1
    I have been having the same problem! It has happened 6 times over the past 4 months. The check stabilitrak light comes on, then engine power is reduced and the check engine light is on. Usually things go back to normal within 24-48 hours except for the check engine light which I reset myself. I have very nearly been rear ended as a result of this happening on the highway. I haven't taken it to anyone yet because GM said I would have to get a diagnostic done and I really don't want to pay for that to be told everything is fine. I also need my car daily for radiation treatments that are 30 minutes away. Is it even worth taking it in since so many people say the problem continues?
    ·
13»