Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X6 Lease Questions

Comments

• jbihun1jbihun1 Posts: 16
    So fellas, tell me if this math is correct:

Assuming a $68,000 price (title, tax and all that in there)

$68,000 * .58 = $39,440 value

68,0000 - 39,440 = $28,560 / 36 = $793

28,560 * .00175 = $49.98

Payment = 793 + 49.98 = $842

Correct?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,959
    1) Residual percentage is multiplied against the MSRP, not actual selling price, etc.

2) (Selling price + residual) X Money Factor = Finance charge (so, you'll find this number quite a bit higher than your calculation)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• roadddog53roadddog53 Pasadena, CAPosts: 7
    My calculations are $1190 per month and change using the residual/money factor/lease term.
  • kkraveckkravec Posts: 6
    Does anyone know updated residuals and money factor's for the 2011 3.5 model? Thank you in advance.

Based on 12k miles and 36 mo lease
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi kkravec. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 3.5 with 12,000 mies per year are .00240 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you Car_man. I appreciate you getting those numbers together for me.
    No problem kkravec.

Car_man
    Host
  • needv8coupeneedv8coupe Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Hi
    I am new to this post and any help will be highly appreciated.

I am looking to lease a X6 2011, with tech package, premium and cold weather package. I am in washington dc. I talked to couple dealers in area and one agrees to give me invoice price but still making $902 / month payment with 12K miles per year (36 month lease).

he is charging me $1275 delivery charges ( I dont know why)

I told him that I have used online calculators and the payment is low and he is giving me no real answer. I am returning my BMW 335i lease this month, so I guess I get the bmw loyality rates ?? Also he said he is doing 62% residual. In dc you pay 10% every month as a usage tax instead of sales tax. (10% of the payment).

Please let me know whats the residual and MF for 2011 and guide me whats a good payment with 0 down and only first month payment.

One more thing, what the 12K and 15K MF or residual difference please. Any idea if May will get better then april rates?

Thanks alot
    Welcome needv8coupe. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 60%, respectively. If you were to lease this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 2% higher.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact vehicle that you are interested in for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least its MSRP and invoice price) first. These numbers are available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

It's difficult to say what BMW's May lease program for 2011 models will be like at this point. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it will be at least as attractive as its current program, but again it's tough to say for certain.

BMW is only providing the special .00050 money factor reduction for loyal customers on 2010 1-Series and 3-Series models, so that program is not applicable here.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks alot car_man, I went to local dealers and the best they could come up with is $906/month with 0 down on a 2011 x35i

I might wait and take over someone lease. The msrp for the car I like is $62,205 and the discounted price they gave me is $58450.

Thanks for clearing the loyality program, so basically BMW want to create a loyality plan to the class and not to brand (mean they should do reduction on everything across the board).

thanks
    You're very welcome, needv8coupe.

Car_man
    Host
  • sixthirtysixthirty Posts: 1
    Are there any May lease deals on the x6? Does BMW ever have tax credits to give to customers?
    Hi sixthirty. BMW is providing lease support on the 2010 X6 right now. Through June 30th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I always appreciate your posts - very informative!

I ordered a 2011 X6 xDrive35i in May - it is being built now. I have locked in a 0.0023 MF (we are putting down the security deposit), but I can float down if the MF's go lower prior to delivery.

Do you have the latest MF rates for June?

We are doing a 36 month, 12,000 mile/yr lease if this makes a difference (we are not an existing BMW customer).
    Generally speaking, is there a consensus about how much a dealer should make on an individual sale or lease of a car. I am trying to be a realist in the fact that the dealerships need to make money but I want to get the best deal I can. I am looking at a 2011 3.5l X6 and have searched invoice prices, MF, and residuals but am stuck with what is fair for me to be discounted and allowing the dealer to be able to sustain itself as a business. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas regarding it? Thank you in advance.
  • garcia82garcia82 Posts: 1
    I'm looking to get a bmw x6 35i, selling price to be $54,000 Invoice looking at 36 months with 10k a year I live in nyc, Just looking to put 5k top. what payment should I be looking at?
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Posts: 6
    I'm certainly no professional in that arena, but I typically shoot for invoice whenever I buy or lease. Normally there will be some small additions (at least in my experience), but I walk away feeling satisfied and the dealer seems pleased.

I just picked up a 2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i at invoice plus a small amount for local marketing, fuel/detail fee and floor mats. Hard to justify paying for floor mats and gas for a vehicle in that price range, but overall value seemed great (I canvased multiple dealers, this was my best opportunity).

We LOVE the car - outstanding! No regrets, it is a real blast to drive...and it stands out in the crowd. Pulling out of the dealer lot a gentleman in a Land Rover HSE nearly rear ended the car in front of him staring at our 20" rims...wider than you'll find on a Lambo!
    Thanks carhawk1. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi garcia82. I would be happy to use BMW's actual lease program to work up a sample payment on the X6 that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP as well.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man-

Do you have the July lease rates and incentives for the X6 yet?

Thanks!
    Kevin