Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, needv8coupe.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sixthirtysixthirty Posts: 1
    Are there any May lease deals on the x6? Does BMW ever have tax credits to give to customers?
    Hi sixthirty. BMW is providing lease support on the 2010 X6 right now. Through June 30th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I always appreciate your posts - very informative!

I ordered a 2011 X6 xDrive35i in May - it is being built now. I have locked in a 0.0023 MF (we are putting down the security deposit), but I can float down if the MF's go lower prior to delivery.

Do you have the latest MF rates for June?

We are doing a 36 month, 12,000 mile/yr lease if this makes a difference (we are not an existing BMW customer).
  • kkraveckkravec Posts: 6
    Generally speaking, is there a consensus about how much a dealer should make on an individual sale or lease of a car. I am trying to be a realist in the fact that the dealerships need to make money but I want to get the best deal I can. I am looking at a 2011 3.5l X6 and have searched invoice prices, MF, and residuals but am stuck with what is fair for me to be discounted and allowing the dealer to be able to sustain itself as a business. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas regarding it? Thank you in advance.
  • garcia82garcia82 Posts: 1
    I'm looking to get a bmw x6 35i, selling price to be $54,000 Invoice looking at 36 months with 10k a year I live in nyc, Just looking to put 5k top. what payment should I be looking at?
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Posts: 6
    I'm certainly no professional in that arena, but I typically shoot for invoice whenever I buy or lease. Normally there will be some small additions (at least in my experience), but I walk away feeling satisfied and the dealer seems pleased.

I just picked up a 2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i at invoice plus a small amount for local marketing, fuel/detail fee and floor mats. Hard to justify paying for floor mats and gas for a vehicle in that price range, but overall value seemed great (I canvased multiple dealers, this was my best opportunity).

We LOVE the car - outstanding! No regrets, it is a real blast to drive...and it stands out in the crowd. Pulling out of the dealer lot a gentleman in a Land Rover HSE nearly rear ended the car in front of him staring at our 20" rims...wider than you'll find on a Lambo!
    Thanks carhawk1. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi garcia82. I would be happy to use BMW's actual lease program to work up a sample payment on the X6 that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP as well.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man-

Do you have the July lease rates and incentives for the X6 yet?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    Anyone who is familiar with BMW Financial Services knows that since the beginning of time it has used a pass / fail system for its lease approval process. Either consumers qualified for its best available rates or they could not lease through BMW FS at all...and your credit had to be pretty messed up for the latter to happen.

Yesterday BMW announced that BMW FS is introducing a tiered system for its lease program. Its rates now vary by credit tier, with the people who have the best credit scores getting slightly better rates than what was available last month and much higher money factors for people with low credit scores.

I should be able to get the full details of this new program some time today. Please feel free to post your questions about it here and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. Kevin, please post a quick reminder in this discussion for me later on today or some time this weekend and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out about the July lease program for the X6.
  • Thanks for the update Car_man. I look forward to seeing the new X6 rates and residuals.

Do you know if BMW FS will still be allowing MSD's (multiple security deposits) as a way to further reduce the MF? If so, are the reductions the same? (.00007 per additional SD I think)

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • joekojoeko Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    Didn't the July rates already come out? According to BMWUSA.com it states $582 per month 36 months with $4300 down payment for X6 3.5. I am really interested to know what kind of deals people got on the X6 3.5 no one recently posted their lease. Is this because no one is getting this car?

Anyway I am looking to lease the X6 3.5i for 36 months with tech, prem, sport activity, comfort access, and 20" rims upgrade.
    MSRP $65,225
    Invoice: $60,000
    10k per year
    0 down, just fees
    car will be registered in NJ

How likely is it that I can get this car for $730 per month?
    Sorry rate is $589 for 36 months not $582 it was a typo
  • kkraveckkravec Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please let us know if there are any additional incentives (cash rebates or build-out cash, etc) on the 2011 X6.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • anything is possible with the right negotiations
    You're welcome 9squaregrid. To the best of my knowledge, BMW is still offering lessees the option of putting down multiple security deposits.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor is .00190 on 2011 X6 models for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2010
    Hey Car_Man, is the residual still 61% for 10k and MF is .0019 also for 10k? 36 months?

Thanks!
    Hi joeko. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man, I have another question regarding exactly how to calculate total out of pocket.
    First month payment: $765
    Acquisition fee: $725
    Title: $60
    Security Deposit: $800 (dealer said security deposit depends on your lease payments, as my lease payments are closer to $800 so I have to pay $800).
    Total: $2750

Dealer told me total out of pocket is around $3000 and would not disclose exact amount until I came in. Are my calculations correct? Am I missing anything else?

Also, the security deposit I will get back at the end of lease ($800) and will have to pay a $350 disposition fee correct?

Thanks in advance!
    edited July 2010
    Hey Everyone, just agreed on lease terms for the 2011 X6 35i.
    Premium Package, Tech Package, Sport Activity with 20" upgrade, Comfort Access, heated front seats, and running boards.
    MSRP: $66,025
    Sale Price: $61,000 ($300 under invoice)
    Total Out of Pocket: $3300
    Monthly Payment: $765
    36 months, 10k miles

If anyone needs help finding really aggressive prices let me know I can refer! The best price a dealer made was $799 with the same down and no heated seats or running boards.
  • zeus416zeus416 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you know the July MF & Residuals, for a 2010 X6 ActiveHybrid (10k, 36mo)?

Thanks!!
    Hi zeus416. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 Hybrid with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Joeko-

Does your payment include tax? What was the breakdown of the $3300 out of pocket?
    9squaregrid, yes the monthly payments include sales tax. Here is the breakdown:
    First Month: $765
    Bank Fee: $725
    Security Deposit: $800
    MV Fee:$340 in NJ
    Lux Tax:$320 in NJ it is .4% of MSRP for any vehicle over $45k sticker
    Third party fee:$350 This fee he charged me as his "document fee" because he works for thrid party leasing company.

Let me know if you want his info.
    Hey Car_Man,
    When the August MF and Residual come out for X6 35i 10k miles 36 months comes out please let me know.

Thanks!
    Car_Man, surely the MF and Residual is out by now for the X6 35i 10k 36 months. Please post the rates when you get a chance.

Thanks!
  • rac10000rac10000 Posts: 10
    edited August 2010
    The August rates are identical to the July rates for the 2011 X6. The residual and money factor for 10K miles per year are 64% and 0.0019 respectively.
    Thanks Car_Man! I really appreciate it.