Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Honda Odyssey

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Has Honda realized it was a mistake to call the top of the line Odyssey a "Touring"?

The "Touring" is just a mid-level model of the Chrysler Town & Country. :shades:
  • usairusair Posts: 23
    all of them do. but VCM is nothing great. I have it in my 07 ody. Hardly makes a difference. I would not spend just for that,
  • I just got my first up close look at a 2009 Odyssey and what is the deal with the moonroof button. I know this might sound as being too nit picky, but they now have added extra plastic borders around the button, which to me, makes it harder to use. I have driven my 06 Odyssey for over 50,000 miles and never saw a need for this and its ugly. I know it is hard to explain, but the buttons no longer look like they go together. Out of all of the negative changes I have counted on the van over the years (and there are several) that has got to be one of the worst. If you have never seen a non 09 odyssey, you probably wouldn't know the difference, but if you have seen both and see a benefit, I'd love to hear it.
  • I just purchased a 2009 Odyssey with both Navigation and a Rear Entertainment System. Does anyone know if Honda or a 3rd party sells an iPod adapter that works with this configuration. (I've seen some listed but they all say they do not work with the Rear Entertainment System)

Any information would be appreciated.

--Rocco--
  • i googled 2010 honda odyssey and it showed pics. it looks more like a car than a minivan. i don't really like it
  • That's for the Japanese Odyssey.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I know this might sound as being too nit picky, but they now have added extra plastic borders around the button, which to me, makes it harder to use.

Perhaps there were people who DID find it too easy to use, and accidentally opened the roof when trying to engage some of the buttons nearby that are the same shape/size. Therefore, designing that feature's button to be more obviously different would make more people take notice of which button they were pressing, especially if not giving it too much attention when they press it. That'd be logical to me.

Ever had your roof opened accidentally during a rainstorm? If not, I'm willing to bet due to the button's placement and similarity, someone has. :shades:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    As a previous poster replied, that will be the Japanese-Market Odyssey, which is much smaller and more carlike (like our 1995-1998 Odyssey was).

The current Odyssey design isn't due for a replacement until 2011.
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Posts: 223
    One of our kids wants to wait a year for the new model Toyota and Honda. What background info do you have that it will be 2011?
  • pmicklepmickle Posts: 20
    The 2nd generation Odyssey, (the first one with sliding doors) was released in 1999, then the 3rd generation (this current one) came out in 2005. This indicates that each odyssey model is around for 6 years. Furthermore, within the six years, years 4,5,6 are slightly altered from years 1,2,3. This coincides with the 2008 face lift. The 2008 face lift will be offered for 2008, 2009, and 2010, until the entire car is redone. The model released in 2005 also fits this scenario since it was also available for the years, 2005, 2006, and 2007. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • So I'm about to pull the trigger on an 09 Odyssey lease and need some advice. Is the EXL (without NAV, without DVD) worth the extra $$$ over the EX?

EXL has the backup camera, leather seats, heated front row seats, moonroof, VCM and the power liftgate. As with the EXL, the EX has the dual power doors which is really important to me (that's why I'm not cosidering the LX at all). I have one child and will probably be adding another in due time. I am short and am wondering if get the EX, will I be cursing myself that I didn't the EXL with the power liftgate? The camera seems nice but you still have to turn around and look behind you when backing up. And of course, heated leather is nice on your rear end, but not essential, although the "wipability" factor with kids needs consideration. Anyway, please help! EX or EXL? Thanks so much!!!
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I'd get the EX-L; all those little convenience features seem trivial now, but on a cold morning you'll really appreciate heated seats, on a rainy day you'll like the power tailgate, and the leather will be really useful when it comes to wiping up spills and such.
  • We just got the EX-L without NAV and without DVD. My wife is 4'10" and her main requirement was the power liftgate. It is definately worth the extra $$. :)
  • I have been given a price on the Honda Odyssey that has leather interior and DVD. I paid for the bottom line price from consumer reports and it said the price I should pay is 29,115. This is the price the dealer agreed to. Has anyone found a better deal if so please email me with the info. Thank you.
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    Would you happen to know the Consumer Reports price for EXL Res/Nav? Is this the price which you have to pay for the information from Consumer Reports, or is there another way to obtain it?
  • No I do not know the price for the Nav. included. Yes this is the price through consumer report that you have to pay $14 for. It is worth because all you have to do is show the dealer the report and you will get you vehcile for the bottom line price almost every time.
  • notoynotoy Posts: 1
    I know that on some vehicled, the TPMS sensors in the wheel are married to the wheel position on the vehicle including the spare. On my EX-L there is a general system and my question is this....Can I rotate the tires without taking it to the dealership to have the sensors re-programmed like you have to do on many Toyota's. :confuse:
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Posts: 53
    Thanks for the info.
  • dewnay67dewnay67 Posts: 4
    You can get a better price now. I was offered EXL+RES for 28,455. No destination charge, just tax and DMV ($207). Keep shopping! good luck~
  • bcpagebcpage Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if the front floor mat is suppose to have "Odyssey" embroidered on it? I just bought a 2009 EX-L RES and the front floor mat does not, but pics I have seen show the front floor mat with Odyssey on it.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,533
    show the dealer the report

I've been tire kicking for a few months and I make a point of bringing my Edmunds printouts in. Has the same effect and it's free. ;)

In case some of you missed it, there's an active Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion here too.

Steve, visiting host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wenhqwenhq Posts: 14
    I got one at $28K even + TTTL couple days ago. You should be able to get couple hundred bucks off the internet price.
  • jainmohitjainmohit Posts: 1
    Got one in Chicagoland area for 32,900 base (includes destination charges).

Negotiated over emails, send the best deal to my local dealers and all matched the price - finally got mine from Honda of Lisle.

Let me know if I could have done better.

:D
  • andy603andy603 Posts: 54
    Good? Thats incredible, esp when there are NO incentives now. So it was a Touring w/out PAX for a grand total of $32,900? Thats $4487 or so BELOW invoice. wow, congrats!
  • nd1977nd1977 Posts: 12
    He got it one month ago when there were incentives.
  • Hey all. I have a unique problem.
    My wife & I purchased an 09 EX-L last Christmas.
    My wife is only about 5 feet tall. She has to sit dangerously close to the steering wheel while driving.
    I know perhaps we should have gone for the Touring, but that extra $5000 or 6000 dollars we just couldn't justify.

Does anyone know if it is possible to install the power adjustable pedals in the Odyssey as an aftermarket option?
    I know they have pedal extensions, but I still drive the van more than enough that those would be a pain to deal with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dave
  • Hi Dave,
    Just was curious if you had ever found a solution to this "power adjustable pedal" probem.....i have the same issue.
    thanks,
    Bob
  • Bob - never found a solution to the problem. When we bought the Ody, we just dealt with it by staying with the EX-L. However, I think the newer Ody's make it easier to get the adjustable brake pedals.

But looking back, based on all the issues I have had with this car, adjustable pedals are the least of my worries.

Thanks.
    Dave
  • Thanks Dave for the response…..i don’t think I want to know what problems that you’ve encountered with the car…..seeing as though we just bought one. (2012 EX-L) the end of year deal was hard to pass up.
    I know they had power pedals available on the touring models up till 2010….but did away with it after that….just trying to find an aftermarket solution, or go to a junk yard and take out the power pedals from a 2010, and see if they fit properly.
    Thanks again and good luck.
    Bob